Neowin Fantasy Premiership Season 2007-2008

masthead_bud_200705.jpg

Hi all!

Once more I have started a Neowin league for the Official Premier League Fantasy Football for the new season - 07-08!. The Neowin Fantasy Premier league is now going into it's fourth year, and I hope it will continue to be as popular as it has been before.

For those that haven't played before, go to http://fantasy.premierleague.com/index.html and click REGISTER. Follow the instructions, read the rules (link below), pick a team and register for the Neowin league. This is done by clicking 'Leagues' on the right hand side, entering the number '14685-5039' into the box, and clicking 'Join League'.

You can make transfers - one a week for free - but if you make any more in the same gameweek 4pts will be deducted from your total score. Players get points for things such as playing 60 mins, scoring, keeping a clean sheet or getting assists. However, the Fantasy Manager should be aware that players can also lose points for yellow or red cards. All rules, regulations, including how scoring works is listed in the following link: HELP/Rules. This includes info on how players score, when substitutes get points etc. Also look out for the 'Transfer Wildcard' option which is now available ( Transfer Help ). This enables you to make two transfers in a week for free at one point during the season.

After every gameweek I will try and do a run-down of the latest happenings within the league, such as highest scorer in the gameweek, current top three and any other significant things that may happen. I know toward the end of last season I stopped doing this (I was without the net for 6 months :(), but I will try and keep on top of it this season!

Good luck to everyone!

- FaRSightxc2

Edited by FaRSightxc2

To Mods,

I know you hace just taken the old one off, but can this be made Sticky?

Thankyou please! :D

- FaRSightxc2

Why is it titled "Neowin Season 06/07"?

Anyways I signed up and it will be a pleasure defeating all of you.:)

What's your team then?!?

Ah...that is top secret ;)

Why is it titled "Neowin Season 06/07"?

It is because the league was automatically renewed from last year. The admin can change it though...so get your bum in gear Farsight and change it to 07/08 :p :D

04-05 - Pete Gaulton's Toffeemen - 1959pts

05-06 - FaRSightxc2's Team

06-07 - FaRSightxc2's Team

I only have a screen shot of the 04-05 season final table so don't know what the points were for the last two seasons.

• 2 weeks later...

I was planning on joining but I seem to have been automatically entered, technology these days :laugh:

I'm Zazafefebagola FC :blink: Don't ask I just wanted something random.

As for this Facebook league can you enlighten me as well sundayx, thanks.

Have just joined - team name Liverpool Yangers. Don't know much about the EPL but want to get right into it !

Can anyone suggest any good free websites that give up-to-date weekly insight into players & teams. I'll need all the help I can get !

yanger hunter:

The Fantasy Premier League website has a pundit page which it updates every week, giving info and tips on players and teams throughout the season. It is sometimes a good idea to have a read each week before making transfers:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/pundit.mc

Apart from that, the best sites for EPL news, results and transfers are usually BBC and Skysports:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/default.stm

http://home.skysports.com/football/

- FaRSightxc2 :)

To Mods,

I know you hace just taken the old one off, but can this be made Sticky?

Thankyou please! :D

- FaRSightxc2

Stick, stuck.

[Thread Pinned]

Skysports and premierleague have now got a new web 2.0 look :p Was quite suprised this morning when I opened it up.

My team:

Melberg--Jagielka--Shorey--Finnan

Gerrard--Barry--Fabregas--Ronaldo

--------Berbatov--Ashton---------

What do you think?

Not bad....

Mines better though :p

Yeah, not sure I like the new-look web pages, certainly gave me a shock when I saw it!!!

Skysports and premierleague have now got a new web 2.0 look :p Was quite suprised this morning when I opened it up.

My team:

Melberg--Jagielka--Shorey--Finnan

Gerrard--Barry--Fabregas--Ronaldo

--------Berbatov--Ashton---------

What do you think?

I can see you shipping a lot of goals without a keeper :p!