Neowin Fantasy Premiership Season 2007-2008

The Cup starts today as well, if you scored well in week 18 you will be in the draw, basically the highest score on said week goes through, be sure everyone checks it, its just under "Gameweek xx" on the right hand side.

wahey, top of the pile and ive just hit the 1000 points mark. get in! good games by Ronaldo, Torres, Cesc, Adders all got me good points this week.

Ahh your that git person who is in front of me :p!

Edited by Martyn

Is anyone doing the fantasy league with the Telegraph? I did the Neowin one last season but had trouble registering for this one so am doing the Telegraph with some mates. Just wondering how other people are getting on?

• 2 weeks later...
Ahh your that git person who is in front of me :p!

Umm yeh, sorry about that lol.

Yet another good week, 104 points so far this weekend, thats a personal best for me. Ronaldo x3, Tevez x2, Torres, Adebayor, Davis, Larrson, Lescott all got goals this weekend.

• 1 month later...
Any more updates guys cause I am moving up the table!

You have been moving up the table for the last few years :p

Farsight does not have the time to write his little summary's about the gameweek he used to do unfortunately. I'd feel like I'd be doing him a diservice if I took over and wrote my own crap version of what he used to do.

In the mean time though, here is a league table...

leaguetablefeb26th08eh5.jpg

Nah... Seriously...I am 8th. I plan to be atleast 7th and maybe even 6th after this upcoming round.

I beat you in December and January... easily and you are 4 points ahead of me in Febuary.

I am seriously climbing up!

Nah... Seriously...I am 8th. I plan to be atleast 7th and maybe even 6th after this upcoming round.

I beat you in December and January... easily and you are 4 points ahead of me in Febuary.

I am seriously climbing up!

I was just joking :p

I am currently third, and I would be happy to finish there or maybe move up to second if I do well. I have no chance of winning, Tel is to far ahead!

• 1 month later...

I made it into the top 10! With a good gameweek (this week) I can move into the top 6 or 7! I am going to be in the top 4 by the end of it!

Our League is ranked 840 out of 113,017! Thats pretty good I reckon!

I made it into the top 10! With a good gameweek (this week) I can move into the top 6 or 7! I am going to be in the top 4 by the end of it!

Our League is ranked 840 out of 113,017! Thats pretty good I reckon!

You have been saying that for years :p

Red and White Kop (RAWK), which I frequent, has its own league as well and it is ranked 48th!

• 2 weeks later...

Bah! I am still tenth! I am going to move into the top 7 by next week definately...

Any specific players I should be looking at this week?

I hope to do better next year, but I paid for transfers 3x this year due to injuries etc.. I have quite a decent team but it looked very different at the start of the season!

Then (September 24th 2007)

post-2-1209731830_thumb.png

Now (Since January 16th 2008)

post-2-1209731630_thumb.png

At one point I was 49th (having spent outside the transfer window) then bounced between 35th and 40's now 42nd.

Well done everyone!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well done everyone, congrats to Tel for his awesome score and winning! Sorry to all for being absolutely useless at keeping this thread updated, but there we go :$

I have renewed the league for next season here for the 08/09 season, so GL to everyone with that!!! Have also included a list of the winners for the last 4 years. Does anyone know if there was a league started before the 04/05 season, and if so, who won? Will add it to the list if there is one!

Whatever happened to each mod being dedicated to a specific forum? Wasn't it Boog that used to be the mod for this one?