Neowin Fantasy Premiership Season 2007-2008

James is the keeper :D

I highly doubt that but seeing it for myself will help me make a more thorough judgment @farsightxc2

Was only jking anyway mate, your midfield is much better than mine for a start!!

Hi all!

So the Premiership is finally off and running! At last!

There were some good results for the newly promoted teams this week, with McShane, Wallace and Todd all getting into this weeks dream team....and, well, the less said about spurs the better... :pinch:

In the Neowin League, Tushar Pai Angle's DevilReds are leading the field with a stonking 63 points. Close behind, and the only other team to score above 60 points this week, is Conor McKevitt's Villa all the way.

Good luck for next week!

- FaRSightxc2

post-21315-1187004747_thumb.jpg

LAME!!!......got busy forgot about it and forgot to enter my team...=\.... everyone has a week headstart now :(......oh wells jus means my beating martyn will look more betttta :)...ill have to enter one now :p

So the day after I drop Taylor and Jenas, both of them score....

So far my only heavy hitters have been Gerrard, Martins, and Richards (he was a steal!) and I'm still 4th here :cool:

Hello again, time for another league update:

The premierships 'big four' teams all got their acts together with wins this week, with Liverpool beating Sunderland, Chelsea beating a good Portsmouth side, Arsenal getting a win over Man City and Manchester UTD beating a plucky spurs side, clearly rocked by their recent problems off the field.

High scoring players in this weeks Dream Team include Casper Schmeichel, who is following in the steps of his father and fast becoming a very good Premiership keeper, scoring 8 points this week. Pick of the defenders is Wigans Scharner, scoring 8 points, whilst Nani and Fabregas picked up 11 points a piece. This weeks top scorer was Birminghams Jerome with two goals, and 13 points this week, with Anelka close behind with 12 points.

In the Neowin league, Khalid Al Khalifa has taken an early lead on 194 points, scoring 56 this week, and now 11 points ahead of the competition. Liam Lawson's team 'Bill & Ted' and Rob Pears' Sky Blue All Stars are close behind, though, in joint second place, both on 183 points, although Rob scored slightly more points this week with 48.

Good luck for next week!

- FaRSightxc2

post-21315-1188218765_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You did well this week Neobond, 55 points!

I moved up to 1st :D :D :D

...and I still have Robbie Keane to play tonight, and then the automatic substitutions will be made. It is good to see Liverpool FC and me at the top of the table ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi all!!

Having been very lazy the last few weeks, I thought it was high time for an update!

The last few weeks have brought a lot of suprises, many shock results and a lot of new players have come through the ranks. The performance of both Man City and Portsmouth's players this season have been excellent, and this is represented in their positions in the premiership this season (third and fifth respectively). The performances of Elano, Petrov and Benjani have been particularly good, and this is justly represented in their places in the dream team. The rest of the top four, however, is less of a suprise with Arsenal, Manchester UTD and Chelsea occupying the Champions League positions. Liverpool should not be written off either, though, as the recordbreaking 8-0 vicotry last night in the Champions League demonstrates (Benayoun, Gerrard, Crouch and Babel all getting on the scoresheet).

At the other end of the table, Bolton and Tottenham are two teams which many may have thought would do better, with both being tipped for UEFA Cup places at the beginning of the season. The loss of Big Sam has clearly had an impact on Bolton, and Spurs backroom mistakes have resulted in the sacking of Martin Jol. Will the appointement of Ramos turn the club around?

But enough of that, back onto the league that matters:

At the top of the table, and leading by a huge margin of 17 points are manager Telvinder Dosanjh's Tel's Terrors 2. Once again, they had an impressive week, scoring 59 points. On level pegging, and hot on the tail of the Terrors are Martyn Fielding's Liverpool FC and Conor McKevitt's Villa all the way. They lead fourth Fazul Hassan's You wan sole finga! in fourth spot by 17 points.

At the wrong end of the table, and relegated to the second page are Nathan Mahdavi's Mahdavi, Stuart Bradbury's Y2City & Jarik Solo's Petrified Potatoes. Good luck to the three of you in pushing onto the first page!

As for the top points scorer this week, look no further than john simpson's Liverpool Yangers, who scored a whopping 76 points this game week. Unfortunately, the wooden spoon goes to Jarik Solo's Petrified Potatoes, who only managed to score 27 this week.

Good luck Neowinians, and sorry this review was so long in coming!!

- FaRSightxc2

---------------------

ps......

and Robbie Keane scored :D!

Top of the table by quite a bit ;)

Where are my cookies?!?

COOKIES FOR ALL!!!

cookies.jpg

post-21315-1194457462_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all!!

Having been very lazy the last few weeks, I thought it was high time for an update!

The last few weeks have brought a lot of suprises, many shock results and a lot of new players have come through the ranks. The performance of both Man City and Portsmouth's players this season have been excellent, and this is represented in their positions in the premiership this season (third and fifth respectively). The performances of Elano, Petrov and Benjani have been particularly good, and this is justly represented in their places in the dream team. The rest of the top four, however, is less of a suprise with Arsenal, Manchester UTD and Chelsea occupying the Champions League positions. Liverpool should not be written off either, though, as the recordbreaking 8-0 vicotry last night in the Champions League demonstrates (Benayoun, Gerrard, Crouch and Babel all getting on the scoresheet).

At the other end of the table, Bolton and Tottenham are two teams which many may have thought would do better, with both being tipped for UEFA Cup places at the beginning of the season. The loss of Big Sam has clearly had an impact on Bolton, and Spurs backroom mistakes have resulted in the sacking of Martin Jol. Will the appointement of Ramos turn the club around?

But enough of that, back onto the league that matters:

At the top of the table, and leading by a huge margin of 17 points are manager Telvinder Dosanjh's Tel's Terrors 2. Once again, they had an impressive week, scoring 59 points. On level pegging, and hot on the tail of the Terrors are Martyn Fielding's Liverpool FC and Conor McKevitt's Villa all the way. They lead fourth Fazul Hassan's You wan sole finga! in fourth spot by 17 points.

At the wrong end of the table, and relegated to the second page are Nathan Mahdavi's Mahdavi, Stuart Bradbury's Y2City & Jarik Solo's Petrified Potatoes. Good luck to the three of you in pushing onto the first page!

As for the top points scorer this week, look no further than john simpson's Liverpool Yangers, who scored a whopping 76 points this game week. Unfortunately, the wooden spoon goes to Jarik Solo's Petrified Potatoes, who only managed to score 27 this week.

Good luck Neowinians, and sorry this review was so long in coming!!

- FaRSightxc2

---------------------

ps......

COOKIES FOR ALL!!!

cookies.jpg

Excellent post Farsight! It is a shame that a lot of other Neowinians are not more active in this thread, as it has the potential to have some great banter. International football is postponing the league a bit though, but after England get dumped out of Euro 2008 before it even begins then we will be back on track :D

Oh, and if you win this years league then I will be lodging an appeal to the FA :p

Ta for the "cookie" as well :D

Ta Martyn, will try to do it a bit more regularly but i'm so busy atm!!! And my team aint doing so great this year....languishing in 15th atm :(

Yeah, shame about England. I've got over it now but at the time was gutted, although I let out a laugh of disbelief (if there is such a thing) when they went 2-0 up so early on. So many things wrong with the whole set up we could be here all night discussing them (and have spent many heated hours down the pub doing so too!) With a bit of luck the FA and those bods in charge will use the time between tournaments for some major reforms in the England set up and get us back on the road to sucess.

Premiership is hotting up too, shame spurs are doing so fugging rubbish though. Cummon Ramos, you can do it....

And the cookie has unfortunately been turned into a 'Go Vegan' sign by the host for some unknown reason.....serves me right for hotlinking off google!!! Ah well.

- FaRSightxc2 :p