Vista SP1 Beta 1 Released July 16th?

I didn't test the beta of XP SP2, so I'm hoping someone might remember. Was it possible to install SP2 RTM over the SP2 beta?

Just wanna know if when this comes out if I'll gimp my Vista installation using a beta SP2.

Well,sp1 can make vista better than what it is right now.so this is good and relaible news,this can be the trigger for me to switching over to vista once and for all

yay :)

maybe it will sort out the most annoying probs :)

Glassed Silver:mac

Is it wrong of me to still hold out for the reimplementation of the freakin' HAL for DirectSound acceleration? That's really the only thing that'd get me to go back to Vista. The current audio layer is a nightmare.

It's not happening.

someone should start a poll on the Vista SP1 on its size:

1. 100-200 mbs

2. 201-300 mbs

3. 301-400 mbs

4. OMG another CD

5. OMG another DVD

6. OMG this will require another 512mbs of Ram

1. 100-200 mbs

2. 201-300 mbs

3. 301-400 mbs

4. OMG another CD

5. OMG another DVD

i prob say a cd about 600mb

The release is not relevent without knowing what the heck that are planning to fix. They could release a ball of crap called SP1 tomorrow.

Well,sp1 can make vista better than what it is right now.so this is good and relaible news,this can be the trigger for me to switching over to vista once and for all
yay :)

maybe it will sort out the most annoying probs :)

I sure hope so.

XP you've been real good, but it's time for a change.

1. 100-200 mbs

2. 201-300 mbs

3. 301-400 mbs

4. OMG another CD

5. OMG another DVD

option #2 is what id vote for...

5 is hilarious xDDD

Sounds a little too soon to be true but even if it is released, I won't be slipstreaming it. I don't have the time to format my system so I'll just do the install as an update.

I didn't test the beta of XP SP2, so I'm hoping someone might remember. Was it possible to install SP2 RTM over the SP2 beta?

Just wanna know if when this comes out if I'll gimp my Vista installation using a beta SP2.

Typically for a service pack, as long as you only install major builds (Beta 1, Beta 2, RC1, etc...) and not interim builds (that you get if you are in the beta program), you should be able to update from build to build and to the final version without much trouble.

They often go through a Beta 1 -> Beta 2 -> RC1 -> RC2 cycle (though it was not quite like that for 2003 SP2), with all builds (including interim builds) being available to members of the beta program, "Beta X" builds being available through other programs like MSDN and TechNet, and RCX builds being available to the general public. Since this seems like it might be a short beta, this will probably be abbreviated anyway.

I was the one stupid enough to download the SP2 beta and install it over SP1, it was great and functioned with no problems what so ever...until I got to uninstalling it, XP became too unstable to use and I'm sure that some registry files messed up, I kept getting errors when trying to install SP2 over the SP2 beta. I had no choice but to reformat everything.

The best thing to do would be to wait for the final product.

Sounds a little too soon to be true but even if it is released, I won't be slipstreaming it. I don't have the time to format my system so I'll just do the install as an update.

I'm not sure you can slipstream things anymore...doesn't the new install format let you drop the binaries into a special folder, which the installer basically installs?

Oh, and also, I hope Google stays out of this. MS Blaster made SP2 really late and I think Microsoft deserves to get something right for once. After all, despite the wait, I'm quite happy with Vista...much happer than I was at this point 2 years ago!

its being released early i reckon to get the people onboard who say :

"I won't install Vista until the 1st service pack arrives!"

Generating more sales is what its about :)

MS isnt "only" about money or else they would only do the least amount of work to be sellable.. They wouldnt make new features. They do actually care whether something works or not. Hense having a beta program at all.

i agree it will not effect my main pc at all as this runs fine, but they need to do some work on media centre with the ui etc to make it all consistant.(all i need now is for nivida to sort out the tv problem and my media centre will be perfect)