Apple Rumor Thread

Would be nice if the pictures were still ther:rofl:l:

Someone upload them to the forum from their cache:):)

Radish?

Pictures are on Engadget... for now. It looks pretty nice and keys are Macbook-esq.

Interesting, that lone USB port (hopefully USB 2) does look odd, though.

There would most likely be a matching port on the opposite end of the keyboard as well, just as with some of Apple's older keyboards.

I could never get used to the full-sized keys on current Apple keyboards. So I hope that's either the real deal, or close to it.

9a499 screenshots are showing up around the web; namely at ThinkSecret. A few changes, notably that the Finder now has an option to show the current location at the bottom of the window - I know there will be a surprising amount of people appreciative of this (even though this "feature" wasn't all that far away in previous versions of the Finder, obviously.). It's more akin to a breadcrumb bar that sits down there, which is a bit more useful, IMO.

Edited by Aeden

If that keyboard design is the real deal (and I hope it is) the new iMac is going to look very hot. :woot:

The System Preferences icon has also seen a refresh for the first time ever, and now resembles the Settings icon used in the iPhone.

That's not true. The Mac OS X System Preferences icon also received an update when 10.3 Panther was released. Loving the new icon though, looks a lot like the iPhone one.

Edited by .Neo

That System Preferences icon is teh sex.

A bit miffed about the keyboard not being ergonomic, but the new design is welcome.

Radish?

If that keyboard design is the real deal (and I hope it is) the new iMac is going to look very hot. :woot:

That's not true. The Mac OS X System Preferences icon also received an update when 10.3 Panther was released. Loving the new icon though, looks a lot like the iPhone one.

Yeah, but it was a pretty minor refresh, just like how the Finder icon was more polished between 10.2 and 10.3. Anyway, I'm hoping this new builds hit the Internet soon, and that Apple has finally fixed some of the bad menu bar icons, like the Wi-Fi icon. Also, it's nice to see the Dock will still have a visual seperator, the WWDC build just had a space.

I'm hoping this new builds hit the Internet soon

You seem to be forgetting the rules in place here.

Radish?

I know the rules, and I actually don't intend to use the latest build, the WWDC works well enough, and it's a pain to have to format my external hard drive all over again to install a 10 GB+ beta OS.

I guess a cog/many cogs inside something is deffinatly the way settings/preferences should now be represented:

Dashboard: dashboard8deeb.png

iPhone: iphonecopy65db8.png

System Preferences: system_pref_icon.jpg

AppleTV: appletv54036.png

The only thing I'm a bit bummed out by is that apparently Apple didn't use the same Aluminium color as the Mac mini features, but rather the one from the Mac Pro: More gold-ish instead of the Mac mini's greyish tint. I always found the Mac mini a lot cleaner to look at (purely from a color point of view, not design). But then again, the Mac Pro color might work better for large surfaces.

Yeah, but it was a pretty minor refresh, just like how the Finder icon was more polished between 10.2 and 10.3.

It was a refresh nonetheless, so this isn't the very first time the icon changed like Think Secret states.

Edited by .Neo

Apple set to begin testing Mac OS X 10.4.11 Update

Apple on Tuesday afternoon began informing a select group of developers that it plans at least one more maintenance update to its Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger operating system ahead of October's planned release of Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.

Since developers have yet to received the first pre-release seeds of the software update, details outside of the version numbering -- Mac OS X 10.4.11 -- are few and far between.

Source: http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/07..._11_update.html

:|

Apple to hold Mac-focused presentation next week

Woo!

New iMacs next week :woot:

Apple will gather select press at its company headquarters in Cupertino, Calif. next week for what it said would be a presentation focused on the Mac.

The presentation will take place on Tuesday August 7, 2007 at 10:00 am at Apple's Town Hall, a facility that has been used to launch several products in the past including the very first iPod.

Source

Kind of funny how just a few months ago, people were saying how Apple absoluely would not have a 10.4.10 release, and now we're already talking about 10.4.11.

I think the general direction that OS-X is heading in, not only visual but the way it works is great. I have to admit, after being a long term Windows user, I love using OS-X, and more often than not, I'll pick up my Macbook more so than my HP DV5031EA!

Kind of funny how just a few months ago, people were saying how Apple absoluely would not have a 10.4.10 release, and now we're already talking about 10.4.11.

From day one I always found Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger to be very buggy. By Mac standards that is. I can't remember that Mac OS X 10.3 Panther had so many apparent issues. Tiger's rough start in combination with the Intel transition (new hardware/platform etc.) and Leopard's delay to October is why 10.4 is going to make it all the way to 10.4.11. At least, that's my theory.

I really hope Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard's launch will feature a more polished GM version. :/

Can't wait for next Tuesday! :cool:

From day one I always found Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger to be very buggy. By Mac standards that is. I can't remember that Mac OS X 10.3 Panther had so many apparent issues. Tiger's rough start in combination with the Intel transition (new hardware/platform etc.) and Leopard's delay to October is why 10.4 is going to make it all the way to 10.4.11. At least, that's my theory.

I really hope Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard's launch will feature a more polished GM version. :/

Can't wait for next Tuesday! :cool:

I think in some ways it will. By the time Leopard comes out, Apple will be entirely on Intel hardware (though still support PowerPC) and it will be fully 64-bit, whereas Tiger was only 64-bit at a very low level. That will (hopefully) give it a more solid foundation to start upon.

BTW, does anyone think there could be a 10.4.12 release in the future?

I don't think that Apple will go beyond 10.4.11, unless some mayor problems are starting to surface or Mac OS X Leopard gets delayed again.

BTW, does anyone think there could be a 10.4.12 release in the future?

If there are bugs why not patch them? Who cares how many point releases it takes.

If there are bugs why not patch them? Who cares how many point releases it takes.

Apple usually stops providing improvements once a new 10.x version hits the market. Security patches excluded.