Apple Rumor Thread

I really hope the new iMac will be worth it. I may consider purchasing one if they come as 2GB standard with 8600GT's.

Don't plan on considering one...

I really hope the new iMac will be worth it. I may consider purchasing one if they come as 2GB standard with 8600GT's.

Yeah, I've been holding out for the new iMac too.

Tomorrow guys :) I think...

iMac

.Mac Updates

Keyboard

iPod

iLife/iWork

All that and Mac Pro updates would be nice :D. You would think the Mac Pro would also use the new metal keyboard, I would like to see things like 2GB of ram standard and new video card options, if they do that then I will be ordering one tomorrow.

Tomorrow guys :) I think...

iMac

.Mac Updates

Keyboard

iPod

iLife/iWork

Several journalists have said the Apple invitation specifically says Mac products and is not iPhone/iPod related. So scratch the iPod update from your list. iPods are almost always updated in September or October.

2GB will definitely be standard in iMacs i think.

I don't know... The MacBook Pro comes with 2 GB standard, so it would make sense to have the Mac Pro come with it, as well. But as the MacBook only has 1 GB standard, I think Apple will continue to keep 1 GB standard in the iMac. It needs to keep a distinct difference between its consumer and pro models, and memory is always a good place to start.

Several journalists have said the Apple invitation specifically says Mac products and is not iPhone/iPod related. So scratch the iPod update from your list. iPods are almost always updated in September or October.

Well i guess that ties in with the rumours that a 16gb flash iPod will be out in September.

Well i guess that ties in with the rumours that a 16gb flash iPod will be out in September.

That would make sense, as it would be about a year after the "5.5G" iPod...

I think:

• New iMacs
  • Accompanied by a new Apple Keyboard
  • Updated Mac Pros
  • Accompanied by new Cinema Displays
  • Maybe new software versions as well like .Mac, iLife/iWork

No, official words from iJobs:

Quarter results/iPhone sales review

iPhone software updates

Cinema Display updates

New iMacs/Mac mini

iLife 08'/iWork

Assuming the leaked pics of the new iMac keyboard are real, does anyone think that wireless Bluetooth version will be announced at the same time, as well? I've been wanting to get a wireless Apple keyboard and Mighty Mouse, but if a new keyboard is coming out tomorrow, surely I can wait.

Given Apple's disdain for wires in general, it wouldn't surprise me if there is a bluetooth version of the new keyboard.

Given Apple's disdain for wires in general, it wouldn't surprise me if there is a bluetooth version of the new keyboard.

Good, I hope so. I wonder if Apple is planning on redesigning the Mighty Mouse, though, to go alongside the new keyboard? Maybe tone down the white plastic in favor of a more industrial, aluminum look?

iLife 08 PLEASE!

I'd like to see this, too, although what would they add? We already have iTunes, iPhoto, Photo Booth, iDVD, iMovie, etc.

screw iLife :p i want iWork '08!! i need a spreadsheet that's not Excel and that doesn't suck :p

Considering iWork is supposed to be an AppleWorks replacement, and AppleWorks did have a spreadsheet program, I would imagine one is coming to iWork very soon.

Hmm... Seems a bit expensive. I think Apple should have stuck with the current scheme, or at least continued to offer a $999 iMac. While I did go for the mid-range model that came out to about $1,099 with an educational discount, I still think a lower entry level model is important. This must be one great iMac update if it is going from starting $100 under the MacBook to now $100 over the MacBook.

Seems expensive? The 20" model will cost $300 less than it does now and the 24" model will see a drop of $200. Since the debute of the eMac the iMac never was Apple's low-entery model.

It won't make sense if and when Apple will discontinue the Mac mini without replacing it with something else of roughly the same prize, making the 20" iMac the most low-end desktop Mac.

Otherwise it looks good to me.

Seems expensive? The 20" model will cost $300 less than it does now and the 24" model will see a drop of $200. Since the debute of the eMac the iMac never was Apple's low-entery model.

It won't make sense if and when Apple will discontinue the Mac mini without replacing it with something else of roughly the same prize, making the 20" iMac the most low-end desktop Mac.

Otherwise it looks good to me.

But my point is other than the Mac mini, the cheapest Apple desktop computer available is the $1,199 iMac, a jump of $200 over the current iMac. That's quite a lot, especially to the casual buyer. This is one of the reasons I think that discontinuing the 17'' model isn't the greatest idea.

Once you see the industrial design the new prices will be justified.

In what way? Design now determines price?