[E3] Nintendo

thats just the conference part, i'm sure they got tons of wiis and DS's set up around the place with games and 3rd parties are gonna come in with more announcements at their own things.

what happened to Disaster Day of Crisis :(

That was pretty much what I expected from the new toned down E3. I mean last year they had a huge freaking theatre, Miyamoto coming out conducting an orchestra, and showing a crapload of games. This year is just "blah blah blah Nintendo is making moneys blah blah blah.... heres a couple of games... umm... bye."

Hmm...well maybe it'll be the opposite of last year's E3 and Sony will be the ones with an exciting conference.

Wii Fit is interesting but it's just not for me. They're kind of overdoing the whole "casual" thing. Mario Kart Online is great news, however!

well there is a larger 'casual' audience out there, but there are still more 'hardcore' titles than 'casual' titles depending what category you put certain games in.

wow. i couldn't watch it, but just going by this thread and engadget's blog, i'm pretty disappointed in what nintendo had today. the only plusses for me were the release dates.

Well, just remember that one of the biggest highlights from E3 last year, the Smash Brothers trailer, didn't happen during Nintendo's conference. So I'm just hoping that Nintendo shows off more stuff before the end of the show.

Heres some random news from 4cr http://www.4colorrebellion.com/ that wasnt in the conference:

Chibi Robo: Park Patrol comes out October 2nd in the US

Mario Party DS hits November 19th

Professor Layton has been confirmed for a US release, coming out December 3rd.

Battalion Wars 2 is coming out October 29th.

Forever Blue is coming to the US as Endless Ocean. It also comes out on October 29th.

Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn (Wii) will come out on November 5th in America.

Two new DS titles have been announced: Nintendo Magic and Nintendo Crossword. Neither are final titles. We don?t have any other information yet.

Advance Wars DS 2 announced (via European release list). No other information known yet.

WiiFit looks like a total waste, but the concept of using that pad as a controller for some games would be cool. Like, a skateboarding or snowboarding game using that controller could be really immersing.

Reggie has to be the worst public speaker ever. (well, not really, but he's really boring and dry and the scripted aspect comes across too cheezy)

Very disappointed with that conference, really expected to see more and more big announcements :(

Nobody really made any. Chewy and a new PSP, WiiFit, and... Scene-it? Looks like E3 really is dead, cause all the rest was game footage we could have gotten other ways.

I very much doubt we'll even get these conferences at some point. Oh well something else will step into E3's place.

Edited by Danrarbc

Nobody really made any. Chewy and a new PSP, WiiFit, and... Scene-it? Looks like E3 really is dead, cause all the rest was game footage we could have gotten other ways.

I very much doubt we'll even get these conferences at some point. Oh well something else will step into E3's place.

E for All in October! =D

they better make mario kart playable with the classic controller or gamecube one because i don't want to play it with the stupid "wheel"

You're probably out of luck on that option since it probably uses Excite Truck style control concepts, with motion sensing specific stuff that only the remote offers.

Then again, the Wheel doesn't look like it adds any actual functionality to the controller, just gives an extension to the B button and a more ergonomic sideways grip, so you'd be safe to play without it I suspect. After all, it would be an app killer if you had to buy three other wheel attachments so your friends could play with you (it had better have local multiplayer too!)

You're probably out of luck on that option since it probably uses Excite Truck style control concepts, with motion sensing specific stuff that only the remote offers.

Then again, the Wheel doesn't look like it adds any actual functionality to the controller, just gives an extension to the B button and a more ergonomic sideways grip, so you'd be safe to play without it I suspect. After all, it would be an app killer if you had to buy three other wheel attachments so your friends could play with you (it had better have local multiplayer too!)

i was hoping they would allow classic controllers because if i remember right, in the video he said it was one of multiple control scheme

yes multiple control scheme for mario kart wii, like they did for smash bros brawl. :)

awesome, can someone confirm this (aka a news article from a "trustable" site)??