Sony: 360

But hey, they do have a point. I guess Sony isn't spending a nice wad of cash to fix consoles that shouldn't have had such a simple issue in the first place like the other side of the creek is, right? Yeah, sure.. atleast they are fixing it, but I guess I'd rather have a nicely built and tuned piece of hardware. ;)

Seems great to me how some quickly forget the PS2 disc read errors but quickly jump on the 360 ROD problems without a second thought :rolleyes:

Sony's answer = buy another one (N)

Seems great to me how some quickly forget the PS2 disc read errors but quickly jump on the 360 ROD problems without a second thought :rolleyes:

I don't recall many users going through 3 and 4 consoles though. I guess that's a Microsoft thing. :laugh:

xbox isn't dead, madden and NCAA 08 are coming out for it, which makes me happy cause i can't stand those games for next gen. The game play is good but wow, the way you select plays just annoys the **** out of me, its stupid if you are playing multiplayer with a buddy....

I don't recall many users going through 3 and 4 consoles though. I guess that's a Microsoft thing. :laugh:

Quite a few of them on Neowin actually and I know at least two people who have had lots of problems with theirs. Hardware fails, get over it

oh, btw i hate sony with a passion and this only adds to it, reason why i won't buy a ps3 (but i gotta find a ps2 for snake eater, still haven't played it yet) but they make awesome cell phones

Hell I have a 360 and a PS3 and the 360 spent 2months of the 6months I've had it in transit to/from Microsoft for repairs. That's where it is right now, on its way to MS for 3 red lights. I think the "360 doesn't work" assessment is accurate.

Oh hey look.. it's all the same players again.. time to jump into this one! :laugh:

Every company takes a stab at another. It's business. It's politics. It's what heats up the competition. Some of you act like this is an astounding new development in the world. Oh it's Sony making another public statement... rally up the troops! :rolleyes:

But hey, they do have a point. I guess Sony isn't spending a nice wad of cash to fix consoles that shouldn't have had such a simple issue in the first place like the other side of the creek is, right? Yeah, sure.. atleast they are fixing it, but I guess I'd rather have a nicely built and tuned piece of hardware. ;)

Let's get some real news posted...

Well, I think we should all stop posting because this guy just saved the day with this post.

At least TD likes to think so.

Edited by NegaC

n3urotic, hahaha look at your 360 sig pic! :rofl: :rofl:

and the HD DVD will be out of business in a matter of months

Hahaha, that line made be laugh! :D

I'm still on my first PS2 and I've had it since it came out. Not once has it given me a disc read error.

I'm still on my first PS2 and I've had it since it came out. Not once has it given me a disc read error.

Good for you and I'm glad. I'm still on my launch 360 (and I've had my PS2 since March 2002) and they both haven't had any either. Clearly though, there is plenty of people who have had these problems and nothing to stop them developing in the future.

I cannot flat out disagree with what he said, and nobody really can unless you're blindly biased for the 360, however I think the way he said everything was tactless and childish (though that's not surprising given Sony's track record).

Saying the 360 just doesn't work is a bunch of bull, because I've had two 360s (Premium and Elite), and both work great to this day. I only got an Elite because I wanted one instead. However there are a lot of people with issues, and nobody can deny that either, but you must give Microsoft credit for figuring the issue out and taking care of it.

When he talks about Sony taking care of its customers, I call hypocrisy, as many people have already mentioned the PS2 disc read errors (mine is starting to show issues like that) where Sony didn't even help customers out on that one. Microsoft has admitted its problems with the 360 and has extended the warranty to deal with the most common of them all, and that's a very good move. Nobody can fault Microsoft for that.

The HD-DVD comment is outright arrogant and ignorant, and there's not much more I can say on that one.

Microsoft may have dropped the Xbox, and that was a bad move, but I really don't hear too many people complaining about it. I for one never cared. I owned an Xbox and I bought at most five games for it for the entire time I owned it. I was mostly playing my PS2 or on my PC. And now that I have a 360, I'm actually buying Xbox games that I never cared to purchase when I actually owned the Xbox, like Halo 2 and Fable.

Anyway, that's just my opinion on the topic.

I'll probably end up owning a PS3, as there are must-have titles for me coming out on it. Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy are a couple of my favorite series, and I've got to get them. But I will still hate Sony's PR and how incredibly arrogant they are.

Oh hey look.. it's all the same players again.. time to jump into this one! :laugh:

Every company takes a stab at another. It's business. It's politics. It's what heats up the competition. Some of you act like this is an astounding new development in the world. Oh it's Sony making another public statement... rally up the troops! :rolleyes:

Let's get some real news posted...

You ever thought about getting a job with the Sony PR team because you would make a great addition :woot:

Ok yes i know MS has had serious issues with the XBOX360 and the RLOD but its what counts NOW and what are they doing about it??.... funding $1 Billion to repairs them! Would you see Sony do the same thing with their beloved PS3 has problems? Ermm i don't think so. You can blame MS for a bad job of making them but i actually praise them and if you compare warranty the XBOX360 has 3 years cover over the PS3's 1 year.

The crap that guy is saying is quite unbelievable! To everyone who says he has a point...Ok then, if the tables were turned do you think it would still be the same thing coming from Sony?!? They would say Blu-Ray is a mistake, Cell is a mistake blah blah blah, dont need a HDD......

Ok TD, i got my PS2 at launch and 3days after the 1yr Warranty it broke and wouldnt read any discs. I had to pay! (Yes pay) ?65 to send it off and fix it and it came back broken as soon as i used it and had to send it off again which 2nd time lucky is was ok but only around 7months later it broke again and i couldn't be bothered to send it off again and pay yet again. I didnt even play it that much in the entire 1yr and a half so don't give me that nicely built and tuned hardware crap.

i know of at least 4 friends that went through 2 ps2's. Ps2's would break and wear down the first instance of a REAL DVD playing inside of it. Sony never once admitted it was faulty hardware. They made everyone who had this problem pay to get their system refurbished or buy a new one. ps2's did have their fualts, but after 7 years, and who knows how many changes in hardware/software, people just dont remember the true number of defects. Hell, i bet in 7 years, after ms has made the 360 run well, people will forget mostly all about this too.

Maybe the reason not many ps3's havent been faulty is because no one is really playing them long enough to find faults. No good games and lack of good online content make for a boring system. Most people are wearing their 360's to the ground playing all the games and online content to be had.

Ok TD, i got my PS2 at launch and 3days after the 1yr Warranty it broke and wouldnt read any discs. I had to pay! (Yes pay) ?65 to send it off and fix it and it came back broken as soon as i used it and had to send it off again which 2nd time lucky is was ok but only around 7months later it broke again and i couldn't be bothered to send it off again and pay yet again. I didnt even play it that much in the entire 1yr and a half so don't give me that nicely built and tuned hardware crap.

Exactly my point, and there is so many more stories posted on Neowin in the past and loads more forums on the net:yes::

Quite a few of them on Neowin actually and I know at least two people who have had lots of problems with theirs. Hardware fails, get over it

Sony messed up last-gen

MS messed up this-gen

wheres the title from microsoft that reads

Microsoft: PS3 "Doesn't even sell"

sony should accept their loss, and STFU already about xbox360.. go bash something else

I bet that if the PS3 had sold as many as the 360 had, there's be similar numbers of failures.

That's my guess. I still worked at Circuit City when the PS3 launched, and we actually had quite a few returns because of faults with the system. For some reason they just weren't publicized as much as the 360 problems.

I bet that if the PS3 had sold as many as the 360 had, there's be similar numbers of failures.

Somehow i doubt it, since the Xbox 360 just had birth defect. You don't hear a lot about PS3 errors despite the numbers sold.

Sony messed up last-gen

MS messed up this-gen

I'd say they are making a bit of a shambles of the PS3 as well, although this year's E3 was a good turning point.

Sony won last-gen

MS won this-gen

Funny how that works :wacko:

"This gen" is hardly over yet. If you measure "winning" by the % difference in # of consoles sold is probably getting smaller rather

Nobody has won, yet. It's way too early to decide.

To correct you, nobody can win. Nintendo 64 has already won, won last year and the previous year again.

Nothing you can do about, sorry!

To correct you, nobody can win. Nintendo 64 has already won, won last year and the previous year again.

Nothing you can do about, sorry!

Say what?

You ever thought about getting a job with the Sony PR team because you would make a great addition :woot:

Ok yes i know MS has had serious issues with the XBOX360 and the RLOD but its what counts NOW and what are they doing about it??.... funding $1 Billion to repairs them! Would you see Sony do the same thing with their beloved PS3 has problems? Ermm i don't think so. You can blame MS for a bad job of making them but i actually praise them and if you compare warranty the XBOX360 has 3 years cover over the PS3's 1 year.

The crap that guy is saying is quite unbelievable! To everyone who says he has a point...Ok then, if the tables were turned do you think it would still be the same thing coming from Sony?!? They would say Blu-Ray is a mistake, Cell is a mistake blah blah blah, dont need a HDD......

Thanks for the kind words... love you too.:laugh::

I think you're not quite getting the picture though. The table can be turned either way. Most of us have established that already. Some obviously haven't. The main point was that for every downfall you want to throw at Sony, you can throw just as many back at Microsoft. You want to talk about NOW? Wasn't this "ROD" problem still being reported by some with the "Elite" models? Not so elite afterall is my guess. I'm not here to apply the job you are pointing me toward, I'm actually putting into perspective the points you may have been blind to all this time. All hardware has issues and we all know nothing is perfect, but don't go touting "turn the tables on Sony" when you are neglecting to do so yourself against Microsoft or any other company's hardware. Want to see biased? Look in the mirror.

Sure, most of you say Microsoft is "winning" this generation, but I will stand by the finely built hardware statement regardless of sales figures. You all kick and scream about high price and lack of games, but there's no doubt this and it's previous models were very well built. And developers are really starting to take ahold of the hardware's potential. We will see this thing shine, but hey.. it's just a late bloomer. I don't even know why were are going into this.. again, this topic should not be about games or prices. Eh, oh well... "As The Neowin Forum Turns" right?

By the way, I'll add another to the list of original launch day Playstation 2's that have performed just fine. Burns don't it?:pp