Neowin Digital Gallery

Si

Welcome to the Neowin digital photo gallery! Here you can post your pictures and discuss your photography techniques.

Please be mindful of our members on dial-up and try to keep the dimensions of the pics and the size of the files to a respectable size for 1024 x 768 viewers. Please refrain from quoting images in your replies.

I will also ask that you link to images on your own space, as much as possible.

Try to put more details from your camera settings and also talk about what you have done with photoshop.

There are a lot of photographers here that like your editing skills and would like to learn more.

Thanks!

comk

948767908_fa061265e8_b.jpg

First! :devil:

post processing details:

- 4 shot panorama

- red channel

- curves and level tuning

Brodel

dubaifa9.jpg

View from Plane to Dubai.

delhifp3.jpg

Old Delhi, India.

goafw6.jpg

Goa, India.

viewfromroomgl4.jpg

View from our room in Koh Tao, Thailand.

kohtaobay2tk3.jpg

Koh Tao, Thailand. Our room was the one second from right.

hongkongvictoriapointyd8.jpg

Victoria Point, Hong Kong.

Haven't done any post processing to them, other than killing the boarder function in infranview and using autostitch to stitch the panoramic ones together.

sin-ergy

^ Love the panorama! Seems a little soft/blurry on the right. Ahh...no post processing :p

camera/lens?

Brodel
^ Love the panorama! Seems a little soft/blurry on the right. Ahh...no post processing :p

thanks, yea if anyone has any tips on how to improve them feel free to make suggestions. I'm not very good with photoshopping photographs. :)

Nicholas-c

2826491_e17676bfae_b.jpg

photo from my first attempt at photography :p

crazzy88ss

What do you guys use to stitch together your pictures into a panoramic? I've been using this program called PhotoStitch that came with my Canon SD600. Photoshop never seems to get it right for me.

Brodel
Heck the contrast looks great but I'd sharpen it a bit.

Check this out: http://digital-photography-school.com/blog...digital-photos/

Unsharp Mask is your friend ;)

Thanks, I'll look into it. :)

What do you guys use to stitch together your pictures into a panoramic? I've been using this program called PhotoStitch that came with my Canon SD600. Photoshop never seems to get it right for me.

I used the free demo version of autostitch for mine, I'm not sure if there are better ones out there as it's one of the first I came across. It can take a little tweaking but it seems to work pretty well.

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

SamNeeds
First! :devil:

post processing details:

- 4 shot panorama

- red channel

- curves and level tuning

Awesome job. How did you stop the curving from the rotation of the camera during the 4 shots?

crazzy88ss
Thanks, I'll look into it. :)

I used the free demo version of autostitch for mine, I'm not sure if there are better ones out there as it's one of the first I came across. It can take a little tweaking but it seems to work pretty well.

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

Do you happen to know if there's an OSX version of it?

Brodel
Do you happen to know if there's an OSX version of it?

according to the site "There is no Linux/Mac version of Autostitch as yet, though we hope to release versions for these platforms in the future. Autostitch runs under WINE." Sorry :-\

comk
Awesome job. How did you stop the curving from the rotation of the camera during the 4 shots?

Thanks. I let the program, Autostitch handle the aligning of the shots. Then I crop out the area I want.

And Hurmoth, those are some photos.

virgo89

Really nice.

How did you like India?

crazzy88ss
according to the site "There is no Linux/Mac version of Autostitch as yet, though we hope to release versions for these platforms in the future. Autostitch runs under WINE." Sorry :-\

bummer, I guess I could boot to windows if i can't get PS/photo stitch to work for me. It's just that I have CS2, and it's painfully slow to deal with an image that's 8000x6000 on an intel mac. Anybody wanna chip in so I can get CS3? :p

Hurmoth
And Hurmoth, those are some photos.

Thanks. Some truly amazing sights up here :yes:

Damo R.

Awesome Shots Hurmoth :)

Shot I took the other day :)

966448134_593577a2b2_b.jpg

giga

Got my Rebel XT with 18-55 Kit lens a few days ago. I'm impressed with what it can do more and more each day..

44ea39b9609ed653874d.jpg

7428f0811bf9368c48cc.jpg

5735ea58f605b8593b10.jpg

63fd2a5ac0e624e5ceb9.jpg

^Cropped version of image 3. No post-processing ;)

edit: Does Firefox not manage color spaces? The pictures look accurate in Safari but horribly desaturated in Firefox :x

edit2: exported from adobe rgb -> sRGB. If only non-Safari browsers color-managed.

Edited by Giga
Keito

ZPF 2007 in Venlo, Netherlands

I feel kind of dirty by just posting a link here - but it's a link to 27 pictures I took yesterday during a festival in town

I think I did a fairly good job on it - especially for a first time in shooting concerts/gigs with equipment not really fitted for it. I shot it with a Nikkor 55-200mm VR lens, sadly I had to bump up the ISO to 3200 and get dirty with some noise - yet Noise Ninja helped me out quite a bit... Would love to receive some comments and critique on them though.

edit; aaaand I forgot to post the link

saxondale.

I can finally contribute to this thread again! not just yet though...off to Amsterdam on Wednesday and plan to take many pictures :D

goodcase

Took a trip to my cottage.

plantssmall.jpg

first panoramic

pview2908x568.jpg

crazzy88ss

august1.jpg

she's hissing at him! - This one could have been brighter, but I like the action in it.

august2.jpg

D50 with 25-200mm sigma lens.

metro

A shot of Downtown Portland towards the end of sunset:

twenty_one_dollars_by_metro.jpg

MasterC
A shot of Downtown Portland towards the end of sunset:

twenty_one_dollars_by_metro.jpg

Very nice (Y) Was there any post-processing involved?