Neowin Digital Gallery

Very nice (Y) Was there any post-processing involved?

Sure was. It is a 9 shot HDR from -4 to +4 on the EV scale. Merged in Photomatix and then had to make some serious adjustments because of the color/white balance. I had to sacrifice some of the details in the clouds on the right hand side, but I went from the first image to the following image:

942078327_7cebba7133_o.jpg

twenty_one_dollars_by_metro.jpg

I know that I adjusted the curves, levels, color saturation for the different channels, brightness, contrast, and reduced noise with noise ninja. It was probably around 20 minutes worth of post until I felt satisfied. Oh, I also cleared out dust specs with a mix of the clone and healing tools.

Sure was. It is a 9 shot HDR from -4 to +4 on the EV scale. Merged in Photomatix and then had to make some serious adjustments because of the color/white balance. I had to sacrifice some of the details in the clouds on the right hand side, but I went from the first image to the following image:

<Pics removed>

I know that I adjusted the curves, levels, color saturation for the different channels, brightness, contrast, and reduced noise with noise ninja. It was probably around 20 minutes worth of post until I felt satisfied. Oh, I also cleared out dust specs with a mix of the clone and healing tools.

Wow :| I didn't even think that that was an HDR. Usually the HDRs that I see look like crap, but yours looks really good! I've tried HDR a couple times, but they always come out looking stupid :laugh:

Wow :| I didn't even think that that was an HDR. Usually the HDRs that I see look like crap, but yours looks really good! I've tried HDR a couple times, but they always come out looking stupid :laugh:
That's not HDR you're seeing, it's tone-mapping which looks horrendous in my opinion... this is HDR :D

I don't just tone-map a single shot and turn down the light smoothing to make it look horrible. I actually put time and effort into what I do and am really picky about what I post. I have a lot more duds than I would like to admit, but not everything is 100% usable. That is, unless I want to post CRAP.

That's not HDR you're seeing, it's tone-mapping which looks horrendous in my opinion... this is HDR :D

What is? I don't see any example posted. Tone-mapping is essential for the technique and I doubt that anyone has a display that supports 32 bit radiance files to justify displaying a 30+MB file to show the HDR in real time... I don't feel like dumping hundreds into GND filters and a holder right now so I make do with what I have.

Have you posted a picture from that spot on here before? It looks really familiar.

I have posted a picture taken at the same location before. It's a great place to capture the city scape and there's usually a very nice view of some good looking women running by in skimpy work-out clothes. :D

I have posted a picture taken at the same location before. It's a great place to capture the city scape and there's usually a very nice view of some good looking women running by in skimpy work-out clothes. :D

Hey, it's a win-win situation :p

I love PEI!!! Was there back in 2004 and absolutely loved it, so beautiful there. Awesome pics (Y)

Thanks yo! I'm right next door in New Brunswick - about a 3 hour drive. Hadn't been there in 5 years and thought it was time for another visit :)

o0moonman0o: Nice as always.... :D

I love PEI!!! Was there back in 2004 and absolutely loved it, so beautiful there. Awesome pics (Y)

I too love PEI, especially since I live there. Great pics sin-ergy!

Yesterday we had a Sea King helicopter circling our house and landed in a field nearby, our neighbor managed to get some pictures of it, so I'll see if I can get them from her and I'll put them up here.

A shot I took yesterday :)

nice one. have you tried cropping the butterfly with its flower?

in the ones i just posted, she's my gf.

you got a good model then :D i wish i could convince my wife to let me take her out on a photoshoot!!