[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Really don't get why they're announcing it beforehand, we're supposed to find out during the Christmas special so it's a surprise, then people bitch about it for a few weeks and the person ends up being great. Now people are going to bitch about it for a few months, we'll see them at Christmas for about 30 seconds and then have to wait for 7 months or something.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

Really don't get why they're announcing it beforehand, we're supposed to find out during the Christmas special so it's a surprise, then people bitch about it for a few weeks and the person ends up being great. Now people are going to bitch about it for a few months, we'll see them at Christmas for about 30 seconds and then have to wait for 7 months or something.

Yeah suppose with modern day means it will be revealed eventually 

I would love for it to be a surprise, but some git on social media would ruin it for all of us at some point. I would love to be watching at Christmas and be who the hell did they pick!!!

1 hour ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Who wants to bet the new companion will be a guy?

A young "hot" guy for the fangirls who were disappointed in Peter Capaldi being a "crusty old dude".

The Doctor will, presumably, have to go 100 years back in time to give her sufficient time to ogle her own boobs in a mirror in some dark room of the Tardis...giggling.

I was personally hoping for Rupert Grint, haven't seen him in anything in a while, he's young, he seems to have a sense of fun about him which I thought Peter Capaldi, although an excellent actor, was missing compared to the previous two incarnations, he seemed to make The Doctor go back to his older curmudgeonly incarnations.

Rupert is also ginger which The Doctor seemed to be wanting in his next body for a while..."Still not ginger".

Still, I will reserve judgement on Jodie, apparently she has acting chops, Charlie Brooker seemed to be well chuffed about her appointment, hopefully she has the sense of fun the role needs. The fact she's a woman has nothing to bear on the role, The Doctor has never seemed to be gender specific in his speech and actions.

Some clips of Jodie, seems like she might be able to bring some fun to it if she relaxes into it...

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Personally I'd rather have seen a male, as I'm worried that people will just compare her to others, rather than judge her on her own skills. Write a good original role for a woman, rather than have a "me too" role.

That being said, she's a really good actress. She was brilliant in Black Mirror and I'm sure she'll do well

Not thrilled by this choice. At all. I'll watch an episode or two to give her a chance, but if the scripts are as bad as the last couple seasons, there's no way they'll be able to make this change work.

I'm really afraid we're looking at another hiatus/cancellation for the series.

1 hour ago, DConnell said:

Not thrilled by this choice. At all. I'll watch an episode or two to give her a chance, but if the scripts are as bad as the last couple seasons, there's no way they'll be able to make this change work.

I'm really afraid we're looking at another hiatus/cancellation for the series.

Well they have a new show runner too, Chris Chibnall, judging by that clip he was probably in charge of it, didn't seem very Moffat-y. Not sure about all that key carry-on though, what's that all about.

I've only seen her in Broadchurch I think (something David Tennant is in too btw) but she is a good actress and good looking too! :)

BTW the whole key thing came over as a gender reference to me, (key and lock?)? ;) I might be wrong though.

10 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

I've only seen her in Broadchurch I think (something David Tennant is in too btw) but she is a good actress and good looking too! :)

BTW the whole key thing came over as a gender reference to me, (key and lock?)? ;) I might be wrong though.

I hadn't thought of it like that, I got the 'The TARDIS recognises The Doctor' vibe.