[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Well Moffat was an amazing writer - when he wasn't the head show runner also. I'm of the opinion that he did some great work as head of the show also, but it was hit and miss most of the time. Now RTD was also hit and miss, but his hits were awesome at the time. Some of my favorite EVER Who stories are from RTD. Doomsday, amazing. Need I say more? Not to many Who episodes get nominated for a Hugo award after all. At least not before that storyline (I believe Army of Ghosts was also nominated with it) happened.

This new guy Churnball? (sorry for the bad spelling I'm sure lol) has never actually written Who before right? But he was doing that other show Moffat works on (or maybe Moffat didn't work on that one, dunno for sure though, sorry!) aka Broadchurch with Tennant etc. So I'm sure the show is in good hands writing wise (for the time bring).

I wont hold my breath until the end of next season, we need to see if he's good at both one offs and main story arcs.  RDT and Moffatt were like yin and yang, take one out of the equation and we end up with meh seasons with occasional good episodes. :p 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Not much of a trailer really, but I still got damn chills lol

Are any of those people they highlighted like, new companions or father of said companion(s)? Seems odd they would specifically show 3 people like that in a highly anticipated trailer for the show unless they are important somehow :D

5 minutes ago, LOC said:

Not much of a trailer really, but I still got damn chills lol

Are any of those people they highlighted like, new companions or father of said companion(s)? Seems odd they would specifically show 3 people like that in a highly anticipated trailer for the show unless they are important somehow :D

I remember more than one being announced and I'm pretty sure Bradly Walsh (the guy with the Beano) was one of them.

I'd like this to just be out now, do we have any dates yet?

48 minutes ago, Unobscured Vision said:

I believe all three of them are the new Companions.

And yes, September-ish.

Three! Wow. I have to admit I always wanted to see these three become full time companions to the doctor.

Screen-Shot-2014-08-06-at-12.43.59-PM.png

• Like 3

I'm not sure I like her accent at this point. She talks....weird to me? I mean, I know I have to get used to her and all, but she just sounds a little weird. And no its not because I'm American :D I've been watching British TV shows since the late 70s and I've heard way worse accents than hers ?

But hey, the show sure looks good with its new cinematic whatever they are going for, and the little they showed looked good. Roll on Sept. XX whenever it airs! :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

She will do just fine as the Doctor.  The lighting was so dark that I thought I was watching a DC movie.  If you watched this on BBC America then it was 2 minutes of show and 4 minutes of commercial, 

• Like 3