[Official] Doctor Who Thread

1 hour ago, Som said:

i found this season really boring, it's disappointing because I really wanted to like it ... 😛

to be fair though i didn't like the capaldi doctor till the last season

Yeah I think it's got better, it started off poor. The recent episodes like the Witch Finder episode and the Rosa Parks episode was good.

The finale was good. I liked it a lot. I think the new writers are beginning to find their way.

I still want to know about the man with the "RGB" initials bag.

Love Jodie as the doctor. She is just great! Love her!

17 minutes ago, margrave said:

The finale was good. I liked it a lot. I think the new writers are beginning to find their way.

I still want to know about the man with the "RGB" initials bag.

Love Jodie as the doctor. She is just great! Love her!

I saw her first! 😛 

31 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

I saw her first! 😛 

It doesn't work like that. You're thinking linear again!

You assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a nonlinear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to watching a few episodes, and so far I'm not impressed. Jodie seems to be channeling both the OTT juvenile antics of Smith and the blandness of Davision. Since they're my least favorite Doctors, that's not helping to win me over. She's a competent actress, but the direction they've taken the character just doesn't work for me. The companions, well Graham is mildly interesting but nowhere near enough to carry the show like Rory did for me during the Matt years. So pretty much all the same problems as the last few seasons, only now the Doctor has bewbs, which is apparently supposed to magically erase all the problems? 🙄

And the writing has not improved in general. I'll give it at least another episode or two, but from what I've read, it doesn't get better.

• Haha 1

Overnight ratings of 5.15 million in the UK the train has really left the track however Steven Moffat must be feeling pretty good as his I-Dalek from the Matt Smith era is no longer the stupidest looking Dalek in Dr Who history

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just got around to watching New Year special. Loved it personally, but just forgot about it since it wasn't the standard Christmas special I'm used to.

Anyone know if it's true that it doesn't return until 2020?

A year without some new Who would suck.

• Daniel F. changed the title to [Official] Doctor Who Thread
  • Daniel F. pinned this topic
  • 11 months later...
1 hour ago, margrave said:

Doctor Who: Spyfall Part One (season premiere), BBC America, 8 PM

Starting up again tomorrow!

Can't Wait!

Is it the start of a new season? I thought it was just a new years special...

Anyway, I'll watch but I'm not all that excited.  Last season didn't do much for me & the new Doc is kinda meh. I miss Capaldi.

I think we all miss Tennant.

But time continues to move on, and waits for no man ... and now no woman either.

It's still Doctor Who. I'm still excited for more Doctor.

The first season of the new Doctor wasn't perfect, but to be expected with new writers. I have hope that the next one will be much better.

• 4 weeks later...

So no one else watching this season but me?

Spoiler

I'm not sure I buy any of this so far. The Master did say that everything The Doctor knows is a lie. Now the new, alternate, unknown history?!

The Master isn't know for telling the truth. I bet The Doctor is currently hooked up to a virtual reality thing and none of this is actually happening.

Maybe none of this season...

It could be the Doctor is actual trapped in an alternate universe, interested to see where this season goes, its been great so far. My 3.5 year old loved the last episode, but did say the giant space rhinos where scary :)

So, rumour has it that this NEW female Doctor is definitely the Doctor and that they MIGHT be intended to present her as the Doctor's original form.  If they do that, and completely retcon everything we know of Who, then I'm done with this show,.

Leave Hartnell's legacy alone you jerks!

19 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

So, rumour has it that this NEW female Doctor is definitely the Doctor and that they MIGHT be intended to present her as the Doctor's original form.  If they do that, and completely retcon everything we know of Who, then I'm done with this show,.

Leave Hartnell's legacy alone you jerks!

Didn't they show the doctor as a child once and he was a boy though.