iPod Touch - the New Flagship iPod

went to the apple store today in columbus ohio and found out that they are currently selling the ipod touch there with both the 8gb version and the 16 gb version. although they are selling them instore and you cannot purchase it with the laser engraved backing to it like you can if you were to order the unit online they do offer you the ability to send it in to have the service done *which is not really worth it because then you have to wait for it and you could have just ordered it online anyway* so i thought i would just let people know that its out in the world and you might just see someone walking down the street with something that looks like an iphone when in fact it is not lol

I just bought one yesterday and I can say I absolutely LOVE it. It's my first iPod (I know, how evil of me) but I'm certainly glad I waited! I can't get enough of this thing. If anyone wants pictures, videos, whatever, let me know.

I just bought one yesterday and I can say I absolutely LOVE it. It's my first iPod (I know, how evil of me) but I'm certainly glad I waited! I can't get enough of this thing. If anyone wants pictures, videos, whatever, let me know.

If possible, try to test the black color issue on some video and picture and see if you get the same problem on the main menu's black, then tell us :D

My iPod Touch seems to be free of this negative effect thankfully! I'm really digging this new iPod, was a great upgrade from my 3G iPod which was the all touch button interface, no clicking on that one! :)

If possible, try to test the black color issue on some video and picture and see if you get the same problem on the main menu's black, then tell us :D

No such issues here! It's working flawlessly. No strange coloring, no lagging (even in cover flow). Everything is as fluid as it is in the guided tour.

Frustrating, considering I'm 3 hours from the nearest Apple store.

I'm not far from an Apple store. I'm a well established (and long time) member on here. If you wanna do something with regards to me collecting / posting one to you if you pay me back (obviously!), PM me. I'd be happy to do it for a fellow Neowinian.

so i thought i would just let people know that its out in the world and you might just see someone walking down the street with something that looks like an iphone when in fact it is not lol

Every time I use it in public, people think it's an iPhone. I then have to explain the difference, and they still don't get it. :p

Well...I was just looking at some photos, and I noticed I do indeed have the issue; it is just VERY subtle, but still noticeable. I wonder if Apple will be replacing these.

can u like, download podcasts directly to the touch?

I'm sure you can download anything from the itunes wi-fi store. if not, then may be that feature will be added in at a later date.