iPod Touch - the New Flagship iPod

iPod Touch - the New Flagship iPod

Yeah we had a spy picture to show you but we've learned our lesson - twice. We'll just describe it and let your minds wander:Update: We are having a contest!

Name - iPod Touch... HTC be damned!

Same form factor as the iPhone with some notable exceptions:

• Outside rim is black, not silver like the iPhone and more flush with the screen like the 5.5G iPods not rounded like iPhone
  • No ear speaker or microphone for phoning
  • Thicker - slightly

Things that are the same:

• OSX Embedded OS
  • 480x320 screen
  • Coverflow-enabled iPod application
  • Single button home navigation

Things we wish we knew:

• WiFi? (This is the Capper)
  • GPS?
  • NAND RAM and/or 160GB Hard Drives configs?
  • Cost? (Like it matters)

Also, just a quick note to Apple Legal. We've learned our lesson and will shy away from posting what could be considered trademarked information. 9to5Mac is an Apple enthusiest website and we are all huge Apple fans here (obviously). We are not trying to hurt the company - just inform other Apple consumers who might want more intel on upcoming products so that they may make more informed buying decisions. No one wants to spend their hard-earned money on a product that is about to get put in the dumper. We are just hyping your products and informing your consumers.

Who doesn't want that? Apple, let's just hug it out!

Peace!

Source: 9to5 Mac

found this also:

mockupgz8.jpg

Looks prety damn close to what they said above..

It looks awesome, but since I just got a 5.5G ipod as a warranty replacement, I won't be getting this one and I'm sort of glad. I like to leave my iPod on shuffle mode and simply reach into my pocket to skip tracks I'm not in the mood to hear. With this touch screen, there's no way I'd be able to do that.

I take it that's a mockup, that's an older version of Coverflow on there :p

But looking very sexy :yes:

the thing is, people sent in those mock ups to 9to5 mac. But that does look nice. I do hope it would come with wifi and saffari. All I want is the iphone features, but with out the phone. and of course a large HD- 100GB or more

It looks awesome, but since I just got a 5.5G ipod as a warranty replacement, I won't be getting this one and I'm sort of glad. I like to leave my iPod on shuffle mode and simply reach into my pocket to skip tracks I'm not in the mood to hear. With this touch screen, there's no way I'd be able to do that.

That's one of the down fall to the iPhone. I'd like to have that feature too, but oh well, the iPhone rocks besides that.

I don't think it will be called iPod Touch, though, I think it will just use the iPod name.

why not? Its an ipod with a TOUCH screen. hence,. ipod Touch. We call the ipod nano a nano. We call the ipod shuffle the shuffle, this one may be touch :p idk

That's one of the down fall to the iPhone. I'd like to have that feature too, but oh well, the iPhone rocks besides that.

we could have 1 physical button on the side, to control tracks if pressed once. press and hold down and you can fast forward. that woulsn't be to bad.

As with colors, black+white is fine with me, but hopefully other colors and/or face plates may come..

why not? Its an ipod with a TOUCH screen. hence,. ipod Touch. We call the ipod nano a nano. We call the ipod shuffle the shuffle, this one may be touch :p idk

But that's because the iPod nano and shuffle are two different products. The rumors about a touch screen regard to full-sized iPod. Consider it will be the 6G, it should just continue to use the iPod name. The fewer models Apple has, the better.

But that's because the iPod nano and shuffle are two different products. The rumors about a touch screen regard to full-sized iPod. Consider it will be the 6G, it should just continue to use the iPod name. The fewer models Apple has, the better.

:rolleyes:

its still gonna be the ipod. just with an extra name to it.

:rolleyes:

its still gonna be the ipod. just with an extra name to it.

Exactly. It's going to be the 6G iPod, so it should continue to use the iPod name. It won't be a good idea for Apple to have more than three models. The iPod is the full featured unit, the iPod nano is the smaller unit and the shuffle is for those who just want some music when jogging, working out, etc. I can't see a fourth model being practical.

Exactly. It's going to be the 6G iPod, so it should continue to use the iPod name. It won't be a good idea for Apple to have more than three models. The iPod is the full featured unit, the iPod nano is the smaller unit and the shuffle is for those who just want some music when jogging, working out, etc. I can't see a fourth model being practical.

who said anything bout a 4th model? :huh:

who said anything bout a 4th model? :huh:

drygnfyre thinks that when you say about putting "Touch" on the end, you mean making a fourth model, I think.

drygnfyre thinks that when you say about putting "Touch" on the end, you mean making a fourth model, I think.

na uh. I just quoted from the article. if he took the time to read it, then he'll know this is the new high end ipod... ;)

I mean it DOES have ipod functionalty.

There is no thing as "ipod functionalty"

The iPhone just has a audio player; Just like many other portable and compact devices.

The iPhone just has a audio player; Just like many other portable and compact devices.

The iPhone refers to its audio player as "iPod". So in this case one could say the iPhone offers "iPod functionality", as it's able to function as an iPod.

Edited by .Neo

hmmm why is their an ipod icon on there? hmmmm

The iPhone refers to its audio player as "iPod". So in this case one could say the iPhone offers "iPod functionality", as it's able to function as an iPod.

Right, even apple stated that its "their best ipod yet" Though I dissagree. the Best ipod yet will have well over 100GB of storage and won't have phone features. (Because not everyone wants/needs a phone)

Fine. Then from now on I well say that my phone has a iPod. I refer to my phone's audio player as a iPod. My phone's audio player can do everything a iPod can and then some....

Therfore....I have iPod functionability. I am cool.

Fine. Then from now on I well say that my phone has a iPod. I refer to my phone's audio player as a iPod. My phone's audio player can do everything a iPod can and then some....

Therfore....I have iPod functionability. I am cool.

lol, its still an iphone. its from apple, so the audio part would be an ipod. heck, it says ipod on the screen!

iphone_inhandhome_c.jpg

:p

offtopic: Whos hand does the apple shots? Steves? Also why is it always clean, no hair, no cuts, nails trimed nice... wired...