Halo 03 |News & General| OFFICIAL

I have good confidence in Bungie that they'll satisfy every single one of us. :D

aaa but there's a coupld of people who will hate on it. Mainly because it's Halo, some people have already decided they don't like it.

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!

dududu du, du du du dudu... :whistle:

You just got me to listen to that song, for the 50th time. God. :laugh: Sends chills down my spine.

Yeah, that's my real reason I'm looking forward to this. To hell with Forge, as long as the story is mind-blowing, I'm happy :D

I'm wondering how much Bungie is going to stick to its roots with this next installment.

For the Halo 3 announcement they went back to the Cortana Letters, possibly for inspiration or maybe to come full circle? :shifty:

Somethings to possible consider:

In Bungie lore AI's do not have long shelf lives nor do they do well with large amounts of data. With an overabundance of data and or possibly close to dieing, AI's go rampant much like 343 Guilty Spark was attributed to in the first Halo yet was completely void of these traces in the second game. You can only wonder.

I'm thinking Cortana, not the MC dies in this one and she will turn on you. She has been exposed to all things human; plugged into the core of Halo itself as well as the core of High Charity. If anything, with all she knows she could be more important or dangerous than the Index. Thus the last sequence of H2 after the credits. :p

Just a bit of a correction there GOJI. AI's have unlimited life span in Halo, or at least as long as they have power. The "Smart" AI's, however, only have a life span of 7 years. Cortana is a smart AI, and has been operational for at least 2 or 3 years. Adding in the wealth of information of Halo's core and that of High Charity shortened her life considerably. You are right about the likelyhood of her death in this game, although MC's death is not out of the question either, since he would have served his purpose at the end of Halo 3, and that is to save mankind.

That works for and against your argument ;)

dude, u cant tell me that placing some weapons or a bunch of barrels is wayyy better than actually being able to manipulate terrain and place buildings, are you!?

dude, u cant tell me that placing some weapons or a bunch of barrels is wayyy better than actually being able to manipulate terrain and place buildings, are you!?

First of all, you can't say that one or the other is better. Secondly, it's not just placing weapons/barrels, there is so much more to it. It's all on the fly/as you play/on demand. It's much different than what a traditional map editor would be. And, from all the reviews/previews that I have read thus far, it's definitely something you need to experience to understand just how fun/revolutionary it really is. I can't wait to try it myself. :D

Its that it isn't better, just that even with more limited choices you have an infinite number of possibilities. With the ability to spawn imovable objects you can completely alter the way a map is played by forcing players into areas they never were before. By switching around weapon spawns, new pathways open up that weren't there before since the hot areas have changed. Strategies and many dynamics to how a map is played can changed with something as simple as spawn point alteration. It has far more potential than you give it credit for.

Wow.. lucky guy. Dangerous though. :laugh:

uh ohhh, time to turn off the internet :p

I'm afraid I'm going to have to do that soon too. I probably won't make launch day because I don't have the money yet. So I'll need to shut out all possible spoilers. :laugh:

Anyone picking it up at Wal-Mart? They say there going to have checkout lines just for Halo 3 and they will not run out of copies. I think it's a load of BS but hey. They are also saying that they will be releasing it before anyone else, at 12:01am LMAO the GameStop next door to my wal-mart is releasing the game at the same time plus they are having a Halo 2 tuney until the launch. :)

Hey,

Well i figured we kinda need this thread, now more and more information keeps surfacing every day,

we're closing in on the release ... So i thought we needed a proper General Discussion thread :)

Gonna start the thread off, with an Ingame Forge showing! http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/98889.html

ok so im a little late, but i just watched that map editing video, and thats crazy! maps are never going to get boring, and halo 3 is really wrapping up to be the game of the year. i wonder where cod4 and other games are going to fit into, but this seriously looks amazing!!

i cant wait to break into the new features