• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Halo 03 |News & General| OFFICIAL

magik    25
ok so im a little late, but i just watched that map editing video, and thats crazy! maps are never going to get boring, and halo 3 is really wrapping up to be the game of the year. i wonder where cod4 and other games are going to fit into, but this seriously looks amazing!!

i cant wait to break into the new features

Well, since you've made it this long I would recommend not looking into the new features at all. It will just make the experience all that much better when you have it in your hands on launch. :D

I would do the same, but who am I kidding, I can't help myself! :D

Pajter    16

Awesome, thanks for posting. :D

edit: just now listening to the new Bungie podcast.

The mission designer guy just confirmed that you will not be playing as the Arbiter in Halo 3. I don't know if this is old news, but I just thought I'd post it. :)

Edited by status-seeker

magik    25

The mission designer guy just confirmed that you will not be playing as the Arbiter in Halo 3. I don't know if this is old news, but I just thought I'd post it. :)

Huh? What do you mean? I thought it was MC, the Arbiter then 2 Elites for the 4-player co-op.

sharpy2k4    10

maybe it means you wont be playing any campaign missions as him like we did in halo 2

Green_Eye    49

Ok :huh: well um that was unexpected :|

and i know you still play as him in co-op but no missions as him?

magik    25
Ok :huh: well um that was unexpected :|

and i know you still play as him in co-op but no missions as him?

Oh yea, I remember reading that. The general consensus was that the Arbiter missions in Halo 2 were bland and not as exciting as those by MC. Rightfully so, I'd rather play as MC throughout.

Green_Eye    49
Oh yea, I remember reading that. The general consensus was that the Arbiter missions in Halo 2 were bland and not as exciting as those by MC. Rightfully so, I'd rather play as MC throughout.

Well defo I agree I would much rather play as MC but I also feel like they have started a story with Arbiter and I really hope they find some resolution and don't just abruptly end it with no explanation :unsure: ...

Pajter    16

You can still use his character in co-op indeed. But he will not be joining in the for the single player story, like in Halo 2. At least, that's what I understood out of the podcast.

I think it's a good choice. Playing as Master Chief is much better, seeing as he still is the hero/main character.

I'm positive that the Arbiter's story will not be left out. In the E3 trailer, there's a scene (which looks to be part of a cutscene) where Master Chief grabs the Arbiter's throat. I'm sure that the Arbiter will be part of the storyline in Halo 3, just not as a playable characters. (except for co-op :p)

Eat68    0

Here's another Halo 3 Ad

Believe

OhMuffin    2
maybe it means you wont be playing any campaign missions as him like we did in halo 2

GOOD!

I hated playing as the arbiter.

I remember the first time I played as him, I betrayed all my covenant "buddies" because I though they were the enemy.

It was so confusing for me for some reason :s

I rather play as MC and kick ass being a super human... rather than some naked alien slug.

Andrew    2,861
GOOD!

I remember the first time I played as him, I betrayed all my covenant "buddies" because I though they were the enemy.

I rather play as MC and kick ass being a super human... rather than some naked alien slug.

Haha I did the same thing as well :laugh:

HideAndGoatse    0

I think the new thread about the halo 3 museum ad needs to be merged with this one.

These new trailers are amazing, I love the fact that they are taking a more human side to the war aspect and not just run and gun. Does anyone know what that action figure set the man is looking at? I hear its a recreation of the Battle for New Mombasa, I wonder if its online on the bungie site or anything, it looks sweet! Bet they are either going to give it to a winner of a halo 3 thing, maybe a lottery with all the pre-orders, or just sell it for a lot!

magik    25

I just got back from the 'First To Play' event in NYC and it was freaking amazing! A couple of the Bungie guys demoed Forge and the Saved Films feature and played one of the campaign missions co-op and it was incredible, looked pretty kick ass on the IMAX screen but then playing it on the LCDs was unreal! Everyone got to play twice, once on the IMAX screen and once in the theater lobby.

I played on Last Resort and then Guardian. I loved Guardian, great map and Last Resort was decent, but I was never a fan of Zanzibar anyway ;) The Radar Jammer and the Flash Bang are pretty cool. Unfortunately, I didn't get to use the Hammer or the Fire Grenades but I saw the Hammer in action and it looks like it'll kick some serious ass. :)

The whole experience was great, people trading gamertags, talking about the plot, talking to the Bungie guys, man it was awesome. I cannot wait for this baby! Sept 25th can't come soon enough! :drool:

goji    30
GOOD!

My first goal in the campaign is to kill the arbiter; I don't want his assistance.

Glad you had fun Magik! I can't wait for the big day!

Smigit    7

Nice. It would have been nice to see that GOW basketball or whatever it was they coded released. I forget exactly what game it was but I'm pretty sure the devs said they had something.

edit: woot 4.5K posts

Nocstar    0

thats so epic..... Hahah that halo theme was perfect

Pajter    16
Hey I jsut notice something guys: http://www.joystiq.com/2007/09/13/bungie-t...-game-baseball/

o.O Cool!

"For example," said O'Connor, "we already now see there will be a need for more smaller symmetrical maps ... I think [content packs] will be, if not more frequent, more predictible and smoother."

I'm really excited about this quote here from Frankie. :D

Sethos    271
20070914.jpg

Andrew    2,861

lmao ^ :laugh:

Pajter    16

Great comic. :laugh:

Eat68    0

lol

NoLiMiT06    69

Loved the tampon thing LMAO