Fantasy Hockey Season 2007-08

Garon has been doing pretty well for me, and Sabourin played a good game before I dropped him for Toivenin(sp) I just need to have someone who will be playing until Huet is back. Luckily for me Legace is injured. (and that I have Vokoun in my second league... I am definitely being burned by Jagr and Kovalev in the past week though...

Leafs Forever (cactuzjak) has both Lupul and Sabourin on his team.

So far Lupul has 6 points (3 goals, 3 assists and a +/- of +4) but Sabourin was pulled after allowing 5 goals on 25 shots.

• 4 weeks later...

Ty Conklin is 6-0 while filling in for the injured M.A. Fleury. I picked him up in both leagues.

I was initially annoyed that I didn't get Ramo when he was available since it was discussed that he could be the starter for the rest of the year in Tampa. His numbers, however, just haven't been there.

• 3 weeks later...

Umm. I think I let my trade offer to Staffan linger a little too long. I think his stats were better than that when I proposed it.

The other factor is that I now have Carcillo back (another left winger) so my position imbalance is not so iniquitous as it once was.

Oh well. I better win the PIM category each and every week because anything else will be a failure.

Since I always end up with the same guys in both leagues, I need Rob Blake to be placed on the IR. He has a broken leg and Yahoo hasn't even bothered listing him as DTD.

Also, the Avery trade may prove fortuitous since my #1 PIM generator has found himself in the minors. Apparently the team is ticked that he gets so many game misconducts. I wasn't complaining, they were 10 PIMs each.

I am getting slaughtered this week. Kovalev definitely didn't help last night, hopefully he can get a hattrick or something tonight....

he'll help you tonight with 4 assists...

• 2 weeks later...

I was oh so very happy to slip into the #2 position until I realized that the #6 spot was only 6 points away. This is a very tight playoff race since the #7 and #8 teams are only slightly behind.

I'm up against an inactive this week so I better use this to pull ahead.

List of inactive players (to make a note for next year):

X@vier diablo_taz --hidden-- 5 0 0 Thu Aug 30 7:32pm EDT

Slee SleeM@N --hidden-- 8 2 0 Sun Jan 6 3:07am EST

latimer llamas Garrett <email snipped> 3 3 0 Mon Jan 7 6:58pm EST

I was oh so very happy to slip into the #2 position until I realized that the #6 spot was only 6 points away. This is a very tight playoff race since the #7 and #8 teams are only slightly behind.

I'm up against an inactive this week so I better use this to pull ahead.

List of inactive players (to make a note for next year):

X@vier diablo_taz --hidden-- 5 0 0 Thu Aug 30 7:32pm EDT

Slee SleeM@N --hidden-- 8 2 0 Sun Jan 6 3:07am EST

latimer llamas Garrett <email snipped> 3 3 0 Mon Jan 7 6:58pm EST

4 sub par weeks for me = 4 drops in the standings. Gah! Hopefully I can turn the ship around.

There is still a playoff, right? At the end of the season (last three weeks)?

How many teams advance to the playoffs? I seem to remember six fantasy teams...But it could have changed.

There is still a playoff, right? At the end of the season (last three weeks)?

How many teams advance to the playoffs? I seem to remember six fantasy teams...But it could have changed.

Indeed. 6 teams make it. Top 2 seeds get a bye. Under the league tab you will see the standings. Above the standings is 4 tabs. Click playoffs and the brackets as of today are listed.

• 4 weeks later...
As predicted I'm out on a tie. This is the second time I've had this happen. I call shenanigans!

its what happens when you are from toronto... zing! (my team was terrible...)

its what happens when you are from toronto... zing! (my team was terrible...)

That was a low blow! Ah well I'll be laughing when Price crumbles in the playoffs and you realize how dumb trading Huet was :p *NOTE: This was more of a bitter retort than my actual belief. I like Price a lot*

Well looks like 2nd place for me again after leading the entire season.

I'm a playoff choker!

Thats 2 years in a row. Last year I went down to Fred after holding down #1 since first week

I am definitely pleased with third after being in 8th - 11th for most of the season. That was my first fantasy season for any sport and it was actually pretty great. I look forward to it next year.