National Football League 2007 Thread

The Texans game was pretty awesome as well, though with the near tie on the two point conversion, Dallas touching the ball 11 yards after the kick, recovering the onside kick, the incomplete Owens pass with 1 second, reverted back to 13 seconds with two passes to leave two seconds on the clock, the kicker getting the kick, to only have to kick again because of a cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap timeout call, but then to get it again, well, that topped it.

Those were a dramatic few minutes. I'm not a Dallas fan, but I was unsteady until the game was over.

In the Buffalo coaches defense, however, he was telling the ref timeout quite a few times, probably a good few seconds before the ball was snapped, still though, cheap.

That was quite a comeback from Dallas. What a cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap move to call timeout right before the kick. Cheap, utterly and annoyingly cheap. Yet Dallas still came out with the win despite the cheap move. That ain't strategy, that's cheap.

How much do you wanna bet theyre will be a rules amendment next season to you either call a time out or you dont, and no more of this "come stand by me cause i might call one at any second" bs.

By exploiting that they are ruining the spirit of the game.

On the bright side, dallas gets TWO game winning field goals in the same game :p

Dallas didn't deserve to win that game last night. If Romo has that many picks against the Pats this Sunday, the Cowboys are going to get stomped by the Pats.

Dallas didn't deserve to win that game last night. If Romo has that many picks against the Pats this Sunday, the Cowboys are going to get stomped by the Pats.

I would say they do deserve to win. Despite Romo's poor performance, the team still pulled together to win at the last second. Romo said it himself that he played poor, but his team came through.

GAME OF THE YEAR!

How bout them Cowboys?! hahahahahaha

It was AWESOME!

Yes, I would agree. That was the game of the year. I doubt we'll see anything more exciting during the regular season (or the playoffs even).

Oh shush. A team that wins always deserves the win, I don't see how any team can win and not deserve it.

The Cowboys defense limited the Bills to 3 points! They didn't have a single touchdown on offense, if I remember correctly. The only reason they "didn't deserve to win" would be 5 INTs? Please! Any team that wins deserves it, barring a questionable call.

Any decent team would have severely punished the Cowboys for those 5 interceptions.

Fortunately for Dallas, they were playing Buffalo.

Of course they are, they're the only undefeated NFC team, and will very likely remain that way after tonights game.

The Cowboys have beaten teams with a combined record of 6-19, impressive. they still ahve yet to be tested and BARELY squeaked by 1-4 Buffalo. I'd hold back on bold predictions just yet. ;)

However, I will go and make a bold prediction about my Falcons. They sucked last week, will suck next week, and the rest of this season. Hopefully we can get a high draft pick QB. And then trade him to Green Bay. Or the Texans. Or he'll get busted for dogfighting. :cry:

The Cowboys have beaten teams with a combined record of 6-19, impressive. they still ahve yet to be tested and BARELY squeaked by 1-4 Buffalo. I'd hold back on bold predictions just yet. ;)

However, I will go and make a bold prediction about my Falcons. They sucked last week, will suck next week, and the rest of this season. Hopefully we can get a high draft pick QB. And then trade him to Green Bay. Or the Texans. Or he'll get busted for dogfighting. :cry:

I didn't see them having as much trouble with Buffalo as did occur, but I do see them having big problems against the Pats. The Pats are the hottest team right now imho, and I don't see the Cowboys pulling an upset.

I don't understand why some are thinking that Dick Jauron calling a timeout right there is cheap...coaches have been doing that for years to ice kickers. Unfortuantely for Dickey, Nick Folk was on Monday night.

I'm really happy for the Bears right now...winning at Green Bay is a huge win for us.

The Cowboys have beaten teams with a combined record of 6-19, impressive. they still ahve yet to be tested...

Patriots have beaten teams with a combined record of 7-17, impressive. they still ahve yet to be tested...

Even with that horrid loss, Cowboys are still the #1 offense in the league.

Do I think they'll beat NE? No...had they soundly beaten Buffalo, I would have thought different, but it should be a good game nonetheless.

Anyone remember NE vs. Miami, Monday Night football a couple years ago? Good teams can play poorly every now and then. :p

I'm really happy for the Bears right now...winning at Green Bay is a huge win for us.

I bled cheese. :( There's going to be another match-up at Chicago towards the end of the season, right? It's going to be a New Year's Eve repeat. ;)

Patriots have beaten teams with a combined record of 7-17, impressive. they still ahve yet to be tested...

Even with that horrid loss, Cowboys are still the #1 offense in the league.

Do I think they'll beat NE? No...had they soundly beaten Buffalo, I would have thought different, but it should be a good game nonetheless.

Anyone remember NE vs. Miami, Monday Night football a couple years ago? Good teams can play poorly every now and then. :p

Who said anything about the Pats? If you ask me the only undefeated at the moment that looks legit to me are the Colts (11-12 opponents record). Being able to get those wins with teh key injuries they have had is impressive.

I know you didn't mention the Pats, but I just don't like the logic that everyone levels against the Cowboys, and the Cowboys only. They've beaten the teams they were supposed to beat. I don't think they should apologize about the schedule.

I agree with the Colts. I'd take them over NE.

They didn't call force-out on Washington's Smoot in today's Packers v. Redskins game. It cost Green Bay a touchdown and almost the game had Washington been able to do something with their last drive. I'm still mad but I'd be a whole lot more mad if it had been consequential. 5 and 1; pretty good season thus far.

Damn, and I was just saying yesterday to a friend that the Cowboys - Bills game would be the most tense game of the year, well, I was more tense with the Pats-Cowboys one. I was in the edge of my seat the first three quaters. I think I have enjoyed this game a lot more that I have enjoyed a lot of Superbowls.

I reiterate, I think this Pats team is the best team in the league. This will be put to the test in three weeks when they face Indy, a likely precursor to the AFC championship game.

If Brady keeps up this momentum, he'll beat Manning's TD record easily. The next two weeks shouldn't be difficult with Miami and Washington. The Pats playing in Indy, though, will prove tough.

Get Kyle Orton a beer...he needs to get ready for next week's game. I can't stand the fact that the Bears will be battling with the Lions for last in the AFC North after making a trip to the big Bowl.

There is already a debate among the nfl networks about Adrian Peterson. Some say that he could be the best rookie ever in any position.

I think thats premature, but hell, the kid is surely showing them.