O'rielly Charged with Racisim...

Example: Google

On CNN, O?Reilly Is ?Ahmadinejad,? Juan Williams, ?Happy Negro?gro?

Even after the Juan Williams "idiots at CNN" rebuke, CNN still pressed on about Bill O?Reilly?s race remarks, and a guest on Wednesday?s "Newsroom" took the language being used against O?Reilly and Williams to new lows. Syracuse University professor and blogger Boyce Watkins appeared on the CNN program, and compared O?Reilly to a murderous movie villain and to Iranian tyrant Ahmadinejad. "If the villain in a movie comes up and says, 'I love you very much,' that usually means he wants to kill you. The fact is that Bill O'Reilly is a guy who has made a career demeaning, degrading, and devaluing every black institution he can get his hands on.... You know, he's about like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, when it comes to making ridiculous assertions and waiting for people to respond."

After his villain/Ahmadinejad comparison, Watkins blasted NPR host and Fox News contributor Juan Williams for coming to O?Reilly?s defense. O?Reilly?s race comments had come from an hour of his radio program that involved a segment with Williams. "Juan Williams sitting there, is sort of the 'Happy Negro' agreeing with Bill O'Reilly, doesn't impress me at all. A man cannot walk into your home and congratulate your mother for not being a prostitute and not expect you to be offended."

Video

MSNBC Graphic Smears O?Reilly: ?Anchor?s Racist Comments?[/b]: ?Anchor?s Racist Comments?

On Wednesday, a MSNBC graphic flat-out accused Bill O?Reilly of being a racist. It read: "Anchor?s Racist Comments" and there was no accompanying question mark to at least add the benefit of the doubt. During the 11am hour of "MSNBC News Live," anchor Contessa Brewer discussed a liberal group?s attack over O?Reilly's comments about eating at a black restaurant. A second graphic, below the host, did offer some slight uncertainty. It asked, "Anchor?s Racist Comments? Bill O?Reilly Comes Under Fire For Description of Black Restaurant."

Brewer discussed the issue with Paul Waldman of Media Matters and Republican strategist Joe Watkins. At one point, Watkins noted that both he and the host had previously been attacked by the liberal organization. Brewer defensively replied, "And, by the way, I'm not a conservative." The host appeared to be sympathetic to the idea O?Reilly?s comments, which originated on the September 19 edition of his radio show, had some sort of negative intention. She opened the segment by asserting the Fox News host is "now at the center of a heated debate about racist language."

Someone at the cable network must have realized the declarative nature of the MSNBC graphic. About 20 minutes later, Brewer introduced another segment on the subject. The guests and conversation was largely the same, but the graphic behind Brewer now included a question mark. (The new graphic, complete with question mark, can be seen below.)

On Tuesday, NewsBusters noted that both MSNBC and CNN were piling on O?Reilly and discussing the issue of whether his comments were racist.

A transcript of the September 26 segment, which aired at 11:09am, follows:

[MSNBC graphic behind Contessa Brewer: "Anchor?s Racist Comments"]

[MSNBC graphic at bottom of screen: "Anchor?s Racist Comments? Bill O?Reilly Comes Under Fire For Description of Black Restaurant]

Contessa Brewer: "Well, in the battle over what?s okay to say, conservative talk show host Bill O?Reilly now at the center of a heated debate about racist language. Here's what happened. O?Reilly told a story about eating lunch at Sylvia's restaurant in Harlem, in New York City on his radio show. He was making a point that there would be less racism in America if all white people could see what he saw at the restaurant."

Bill O?Reilly: "?Ordering and having fun. And there wasn't any kind of craziness at all."

Brewer: "Well, that raised some eyebrows. What really got some people's blood up was when he said this."

O?Reilly: "There wasn't one person in Slyvia?s who was screaming, ?M-Fer, I want more iced tea.?"

Brewer: "After a liberal media watchdog group brought attention to O?Reilly?s comments, O?Reilly hit back, saying his comments were against racism and claiming he's the target of a, quote, ?liberal smear campaign.? Paul Waldman is a senior fellow for Media Matters for America and Joe Watkins is a Republican strategist and MSNBC political analyst. I guess, Paul, let me talk with you. Why did you think this warranted extra criticism?"

Paul Waldman: "Well, let me explain what we do at Media Matters. You know, Bill O?Reilly says we're smearing him and that we're taking things out of context when he says something like this, we put it up on our website with the full audio since this was from his radio show of the entire segment, the transcript so people can judge for themselves. I think it's not too surprising that a lot of people were offended, and that's why it's getting so much attention."

Brewer: "Yeah?"

Joe Watkins (Republican strategist): "That's not the full story, Contessa. The full story is that when they monitor not everybody in the media, they monitor people in the media who come from the right. And in this case they didn?t, they of course did include the full transcript of what he said, but the initial article and the initial statements that he made, that he made which were taken out of context were what they went with as a headline to try to make it appear as if Bill O?Reilly is a racist."

Brewer: "But are you saying to me, I mean, I get that Bill O?Reilly was trying to make a point here that if you walk a mile in other people's shoes maybe you'd have more understanding between people. But when he said he couldn't get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia's, a black-run restaurants and other white-run restaurants, are you saying there's no reason there to feel, like, ?Why would that surprise you??"

Watkins: "Well, initially I was offended when I read those remarks out of context. When I read them by themselves, I said, ?How is it that anybody in 2007 could suppose that any restaurant, whether it's white run or black run, would be successful if the people didn't do a good job of running it?? And so I thought to myself, ?How could Bill O?Reilly make a statement like that?? But then I read the whole article. I read the whole interview and listened to it. I listened to what he said, and what? The point he was trying to make was, to his white, predominantly white audience was, ?You know what? These are Americans, and Americans are the same without regard to color.? That's a very, very good and positive statement to make to America."

Brewer: "Paul, what do you make of that? Do you think that in terms of perhaps his inelegant speech that, really, his whole point should be taken as a positive?"

Waldman: "If you go to our website, MediaMatters.org, you can read and see and hear the entire thing. I think, we're not giving people enough credit to say that just because he was trying to make a larger point about how we're all the same underneath our skin, that that means there is nothing, there?s no reason that anyone should be offended or have-- raise their eyebrows at that statement. But let?s look at what Bill O?Reilly did. As soon as this came out, he attacked Media Matters. He called us names. He attacked CNN. He attacked NBC. Basically, he attacks anyone who wants to criticize him or even put up statements that he did."

Brewer: "And is that? Is that fair? I mean, they are? Like he said, you can go to Media Matters. You can see the whole statement. You can hear it for yourself. Is that fair?

Watkins: "It's fair, I suppose, for people to respond. You've been attacked on Media Matters. I've been attacked on Media Matters before."

Brewer: "And? And, by the way, I'm not a conservative. So, there you go."

Watkins: "There we go. There we go. But Media Matters is, is, is, is free to do what they do and they do a good job of letting the public know what they think people have said. But the reality is that it's not fair to try to smear somebody as a racist when they've made comments that I think bring us together."

Brewer: "Well, Joe, Paul, it?s an interesting discussion. Thank you both for participating. I appreciate it."

Source

September 25, 2007

This week CNN teamed up with far-left smear website Media Matters to defame the O'Reilly Factor, accusing it of insensitivity towards African-Americans. Don't take their word for it... listen to the actual broadcast in question and decide for yourself.

Listen now: The Radio Factor - Hour 2 - September 19, 2007

I heard his comments in context and have to say he is getting shafted. He clearly was saying, "Here is a black run, black patronized place - and guess what? It is no different than anywhere else."

I heard his comments in context and have to say he is getting shafted. He clearly was saying, "Here is a black run, black patronized place - and guess what? It is no different than anywhere else."

The question would be, why would it be any different than any other nyc resturant? I don't think his remark was racist, but rather a stupid thing to say. Unless of course he's a closet biggot. Then of course it makes sense of why he rambled on about it.

And he "couldn't get over the fact", he was shocked!

Like the time I went to eat at a German restuarant, and I couldn't get over the fact that no one was wearing lederhosen. There wasn't one person in there screaming, 'Heil Hitler!' or singing 'Deutschland! Deutschland!' Guess what? Those little krauts where just like us normal people.

The question would be, why would it be any different than any other nyc resturant? I don't think his remark was racist, but rather a stupid thing to say. Unless of course he's a closet biggot. Then of course it makes sense of why he rambled on about it.

It wouldn't be different and that was his point.

And he "couldn't get over the fact", he was shocked!

Like the time I went to eat at a German restuarant, and I couldn't get over the fact that no one was wearing lederhosen. There wasn't one person in there screaming, 'Heil Hitler!' or singing 'Deutschland! Deutschland!' Guess what? Those little krauts where just like us normal people.

Did you hear his entire commentary or just the "smoking gun" snippets?

Woah wait, a level headed response!

O'Reilly isn't the best person to get your facts from, but come on, do you really think he would be that dumb? He was making a point and it went over everyones head. I was interested to see that Harlem had nice places since 1) I've never been to NY 2) I've only heard bad things about Harlem, even from my black friends. But given the fact that I wasn't raised in the 18th century and I'm not socially ignorant, I know that black culture is not rap culture (even though it is a very large misconception). He knows this as well, you all just missed the subtlety of his point.

The guy in the video didn't make much sense at all. He saying that you shouldn't appologize for peoples ignorance, I don't understand what he is getting at. People that beleive that all black people act like gangster rappers are ignorant, the point is to teach them that they are wrong. O'Riley was supposedly trying to teach these ignorant people that not all black people act this way. The guy on the video is basicaly saying you should ignore these ignorant people, but if you ignore them then they will always be ignorant.

I don't see how he's apparently racist, he could have stated it better, but the core of the argument was that no matter what skin colour or race you are, we're all the same, we're all human.

That sounds anti-racist to me, and the guy from Media Matters on the NBC today show was a moron (he seemed to have an issue with Bill O'Reilly personally, not about his statements)

So he thought a black-run restaurant would be different than a white-run restaurant? What century is he living in?

He was expecting craziness and people swearing about their order simply because the owners were black and the neighbourhood was predominantly black.

So he thought a black-run restaurant would be different than a white-run restaurant? What century is he living in?

He was expecting craziness and people swearing about their order simply because the owners were black and the neighbourhood was predominantly black.

No.

He is making the point that black owned business are NOT different. His statements, if posted here, would have clearly had a <sarcasm></sarcasm> tag or a :rolleyes: affixed to it. Is anyone interested in listen to the comments in toto or is that too much?

No.

He is making the point that black owned business are NOT different. His statements, if posted here, would have clearly had a <sarcasm></sarcasm> tag or a :rolleyes: affixed to it. Is anyone interested in listen to the comments in toto or is that too much?

I was going by what Fresh posted. If you have a better source then post it. I assume you don't want me to read Media Matters.

Here is a fair write up (note he is being supported by Juan Williams, a black man, who participated in the conversation).

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070927/D8RTI3200.html

By DAVID BAUDER

(AP) Fox News commentator Bill O'Reilly appears on the Fox News show, "The O'Reilly Factor," on Jan. 18,...

NEW YORK (AP) - Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly said Wednesday his critics took remarks he made about a famed Harlem restaurant out of context and "fabricated a racial controversy where none exists."

He criticized the liberal group Media Matters for America as "smear merchants" for publicizing statements he made on his radio show last week.

O'Reilly told his radio audience that he dined with civil rights activist Al Sharpton at Sylvia's recently and "couldn't get over the fact that there was no difference" between the black-run restaurant and others in New York City.

It was just like a suburban Italian restaurant, he said. "There wasn't any kind of craziness at all," he said.

O'Reilly told The Associated Press that Media Matters had "cherry-picked" remarks out of a broader conversation about racial attitudes. He had told listeners that his grandmother - and many other white Americans - feared blacks because they didn't know any and were swayed by violent images in black culture.

"If you listened to the full hour, it was a criticism of racism on the part of white Americans who are ignorant of the fact that there is no difference between white and black anymore," he told the AP. "Circumstances may be different in their lives but we're all Americans. Anyone who would be offended by that conversation would have to be looking to be offended."

His radio show was a conversation with Fox News contributor Juan Williams, author of a book about the coarseness of some black culture. Williams defended O'Reilly during a Tuesday appearance on "The O'Reilly Factor."

"It's so frustrating," Williams said. "They want to shut you up. They want to shut up anybody who has an honest discussion about race."

Sharpton, appearing on O'Reilly's TV program Wednesday, acknowledged that he found accounts of what O'Reilly said "disturbing and surprising," but added that he had not heard the radio broadcast.

"You and I have gone to dinner before in Harlem, and I've never heard you say anything offensive," said Sharpton, speaking from Baton Rouge, La. "I'm going to listen to the tape and I'm going to give a judgment."

The controversy was similar to one that enveloped presidential candidate Joe Biden last winter. When Biden praised rival Barack Obama as "articulate" and "clean," many saw this as a way of conveying those were unusual characteristics for blacks.

Sylvia's manager Trenness Woods-Black told the New York Daily News that O'Reilly's remarks were "insulting" and showed he has little knowledge of the black community.

At one point on the radio show, Williams mentioned that too many people see little else in black culture beyond profane rap. "That's right," O'Reilly said. "There wasn't one person in Sylvia's who was screaming, 'M.F.-er, I want more iced tea.'"

Karl Frisch, spokesman for Media Matters, said it is typical for O'Reilly to criticize his group for merely reporting what he says.

"We didn't call him a racist," Frisch said. "We said his comments were ignorant and racially charged, and we stand by that."

O'Reilly said that the Williams conversation was carried on more than 400 radio stations and that there wasn't one complaint from a listener.

"This isn't about a racially insensitive remark," he said. "Anybody can listen to the unedited version of the conversation on Billoreilly.com. You want to think I'm insensitive to race, you go right ahead."

The real story, he said, was about the "corrupt media culture" in which outlets like CNN and MSNBC do stories about his remarks "because they're getting killed in the ratings."

"The O'Reilly Factor" is seen by more people - 2.2 million average this year - than its direct competitors on MSNBC and CNN combined. MSNBC's "Countdown" with Keith Olbermann averages 721,000 viewers in the time slot while CNN's 8 p.m. show averages 611,000, according to Nielsen Media Research.

CBS News Disreputably Promotes Left-Wing Smear of O'Reilly

The morning after CNN and MSNBC began salivating over a potential ?Imus moment? pushed by a far-left group to suppress Bill O'Reilly over a supposedly racist remark, CBS and NBC on Wednesday advanced the liberal group's cause with multi-part segments on the topic. But while NBC's Today at least provided some balance and proper labeling, CBS's Early Show, with ?In Hot Water? and ?O'Race Factor? on screen, aired a story which failed to identify the ideology of Media Matters and followed with Julie Chen pressing the only guest to agree O'Reilly's comment was racist and that he must issue an apology. Amazingly, neither show bothered to mention that Juan Williams, the black journalist who was on O'Reilly's radio show when the FNC host made the remarks in question, defended O'Reilly: ?It had nothing to do with racist ranting by anybody except these idiots at CNN.?

Harry Smith teased Wednesday's Early Show: ?Bill O'Reilly in hot water over race remarks. The controversy ahead, early this Wednesday morning, September 26th, 2007.? Chen hyped a ?firestorm? over O'Reilly before reporter Bianca Solorzano innocuously described Media Matters as a ?watchdog group.? Solorzano asked an employee at the Harlem restaurant O'Reilly talked about: ?Do you feel Bill O'Reilly's comments about his meal here are racist?? The woman affirmed: ?Definitely. One of the worst stereotypes ever of our customers, of our people.? Chen next interviewed Alex David of the National Black Chamber of Commerce. She pressed him: ?You say ignorance, but do you think racist?? Chen also urged him to agree: ?Does he need to apologize at this point, do you think??

In contrast, Today co-host Matt Lauer properly tagged Media Matters and gave O'Reilly's point of view, teasing at the top of the show: ?Bill O'Reilly is in the headlines again, this time for some comments he made about race in America. He says his comments were taken out of context and he's being targeted by a left-wing Web site. In fact he says he was complimenting African-Americans and speaking out against racism. We're gonna get into that debate.? Co-host Meredith Vieira considered the possibility that O'Reilly is the victim and not the perpetrator, ?Still ahead: Bill O'Reilly catching some flack for comments he made about a Harlem restaurant, but is he the victim of a smear campaign??

In the subsequent segment, following a set-up piece, Lauer interviewed Paul Waldman of Media Matters as well as Republican strategist Joe Watkins who defended O'Reilly. Lauer even challenged Waldman with the larger context of O'Reilly's remarks: ?I looked at it, Paul and I, and I thought Bill O'Reilly was saying that we should not be surprised. That, in other words, it's only for the small group of people who look at the entertainment of somebody like a 50 Cent or a Ludacris and thinks that represents all of African-Americans, that those people, need to get out and live life a little bit. You didn't see it that way??

Is Keith 'Chicken & Waffles' Olbermann a 'Passive-Aggressive' Racist?[/b]39; Olbermann a 'Passive-Aggressive' Racist?

Keith Olbermann this week has been happier than Ralphie Parker on Christmas morning over a left-wing group-generated controversy over Bill O'Reilly. But like the BB-gun-receiving protagonist of "A Christmas Story," lil' Keithie needs to know the dangers of (metaphorically) putting his eye out. After all, on September 9 on NBC's "Football Night in America," Olbermann made a cryptic crack that could be taken to be racially insensitive, if not racist.

Video

Rest of the story...

no. he was making a point that it didn't run any different. he was rebuking racism... not being racest himself

As reported, the far-left smear Web site Media Matters distorted a very positive discussion on race and accused me of racism.

Today, there was outrage:

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This is a case where Bill O'Reilly actually was saying something good and positive and uplifting to his radio audience. And instead now, he gets dragged through the mud as if he's a racist. Very unfair on the part of Media Matters.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

Now all fair-minded people know that Media Matters, CNN and the other media in bed with the far left have lied about what actually happened on "The Radio Factor." Just listen to the unedited broadcast available on billoreilly.com and you'll see.

But the corrupt press doesn't care about that. CNN picked up the Media Matters defamation because they are getting hammered in the ratings. Besides CNN, the worst offender in this case is The New York Daily News, which strung together quotes that were said five minutes apart on different topics. Can you believe it?

And for the record, the following outlets ran unfair and dishonest pieces on this ridiculous situation: "The CBS Early Show" -- which actually described Media Matters as a watchdog group, how dishonest is that? -- The Chicago Sun Times; The Philadelphia Inquirer; ABCnews.com and The Louisville Journal also completely distorted the story

Now, the following outlets were fair: "The Today Show", Newsday and Steven Smith of ESPN.

The major point here is this: Media Matters fabricated the story and major American news outlets picked up the fabrication, trying to diminish me and the FOX News Channel.

My words on the radio were an attack on racism. That's quite clear. Again, the entire unedited conversation is posted on billoreilly.com.

As usual, the folks know what's really going on here. Aol.com has a poll on the subject and right now, 60 percent say my comments were inoffensive.

The tragedy here is that there is no longer an honest press in America. The CNN people didn't listen to "The Radio Factor." They tried to get cheap ratings and it backfired.

The New York Daily News couldn't care less about what was really said. They want to damage me because News Corp, which owns FOX News, also owns The New York Post, which has passed them in circulation and on and on.

Now over the past 12 months, Media Matters has personally attacked me 109 times and I am not alone. Every non-liberal politician and commentator in this country has been smeared by these people. Yet, there's no scrutiny of Media Matters in the mainstream media. They're watchdogs -- figure it out.

With the exposure of MoveOn over the Petraeus incident and now the blatant dishonesty of Media Matters and their water carriers, Americans should be very skeptical of the news media. No longer can it be trusted.

no. he was making a point that it didn't run any different. he was rebuking racism... not being racest himself

My point was that this should be obvious to anyone who has ever left their gated community. He didn't need to use racially charged statements to make that point unless he really was only looking to create controversy and ruffle feathers.

My point was that this should be obvious to anyone who has ever left their gated community. He didn't need to use racially charged statements to make that point unless he really was only looking to create controversy and ruffle feathers.

You're point IS his point. He made that point quite clearly to anyone who could be bothered to actually listen to his monologue. His comments only sound controversial when cut up and taken out of context.

You're point IS his point. He made that point quite clearly to anyone who could be bothered to actually listen to his monologue. His comments only sound controversial when cut up and taken out of context.

I guess he can sugar coat it anyway he wants. I'll say it again, I don't thing his statement was racist but I do think it showed a lack of maturity. It was plain callous. He just kept on rambling away about how it was just like any other restaurant. What the hell did he expect it to be?

Even though I'm don't agree on Media Matters on the issue, I don't mind them bringing to the forefront either.

You do know that David Brock used to be a hit man for the Republicans don't you? You guys embraced him, and you still do in a way when some of you still bring up the same things he "admittedly" brought up as smear and innuendo against Dems or others who would stand in the way of Republican power, like Anita Hill. Brock is only doing what he cut his teeth on. Only the difference being the object of his new found interest are the same as he is/was..............who hang to the right.

MRC's Bozell: CNN & CBS Must Apologize to O'Reilly

MRC President Brent Bozell this afternoon called upon CBS and CNN to apologize to Fox News host Bill O'Reilly for promoting the false charges of a left-wing hate group:

"Bill O'Reilly's accusers -- the dishonest leftists at Media Matters, CBS and CNN -- have gone beyond the pale. There was absolutely nothing that Bill O'Reilly said that was in any way offensive," stated L. Brent Bozell III, President of the Medias Research Center. "People are sick and tired of these far-left character assassination campaigns, whether they come from Media Matters or MoveOn.org.

"CBS and CNN must distance themselves from dishonest, far-left, hatemongering organizations such as Media Matters," Bozell continued. "Media Matters and MoveOn.org have two things in common. Both are funded by ultra-leftist billionaire George Soros and both have rich histories of sleazy character assassination campaigns. Those who continue to associate with disreputable organizations such as these are only embarrassing themselves.

"Mr. O'Reilly's words were taken out of context -- deliberately. Yet, neither CBS nor CNN checked the facts before giving credibility to the smear against him. Failing to apologize now makes them willing participants in this smear."

Source

I guess he can sugar coat it anyway he wants. I'll say it again, I don't thing his statement was racist but I do think it showed a lack of maturity. It was plain callous. He just kept on rambling away about how it was just like any other restaurant. What the hell did he expect it to be?

If you still ask that question then you still don't understand his commentary. He is saying that he DID NOT EXPECT IT TO BE DIFFERENT. He is amazed at OTHERS WHO THINK IT WOULD BE. Again, it is very VERY clear what he is saying in his commentary if you actually take the time to listen to it in context. Is the fact that he was having the conversation with Juan Williams lost on you guys?

Personally I think O'Reilly is a blowhard and really can't watch him. But you guys are really letting your bias get the better of you on this one.

If you still ask that question then you still don't understand his commentary. He is saying that he DID NOT EXPECT IT TO BE DIFFERENT. He is amazed at OTHERS WHO THINK IT WOULD BE. Again, it is very VERY clear what he is saying in his commentary if you actually take the time to listen to it in context. Is the fact that he was having the conversation with Juan Williams lost on you guys?

Personally I think O'Reilly is a blowhard and really can't watch him. But you guys are really letting your bias get the better of you on this one.

Who's bias, Aaron? I've aleady stated I didn't think he or his comment was racist. I do think it was a stupid thing to say. What he said was VERY clear. He was SUPRISED that it was a civil place to eat. LOL

By the way, I was listening to his radio broadcast that day. Sometimes talk radio is the only thing I can pick up. I'm not letting any of my bias get in the way. How about yourself?

O'Reilly should pick his words a bit more carefully. You see that one of part of his show pretty much negated what he had to say in the eyes of a lot of people. Not that something like this is any thing new with him.

Who's bias, Aaron? I've aleady stated I didn't think he or his comment was racist. I do think it was a stupid thing to say. What he said was VERY clear. He was SUPRISED that it was a civil place to eat. LOL

By the way, I was listening to his radio broadcast that day. Sometimes talk radio is the only thing I can pick up. I'm not letting any of my bias get in the way. How about yourself?

O'Reilly should pick his words a bit more carefully. You see that one of part of his show pretty much negated what he had to say in the eyes of a lot of people. Not that something like this is any thing new with him.

He wasn't surprised, that was called sarcasm and that is what you guys seem to be unable to grasp. Like I said, I'm not a fan of O'Reily or any of the Fox News talking heads (with the exception of the hot teleprompt readers).

This made me chortle:

On the September 27 edition of his nationally syndicated radio show, while discussing media coverage of his recent controversial comments about race, Fox News host Bill O'Reilly asserted: "These people aren't getting away with this. I'm going to go right where they live. Every corrupt media person in this country is on notice, right now. I'm coming after you." He went on to warn: "You smear somebody and you can't back it up, you're gonna get it. ... You go after somebody's family, you go after them and smear them with defamation that you can't back up, I'm coming to your house. I'm coming to your house. You'll have a camera up your nose. OK?"

Later during the program, O'Reilly stated that newspapers such as The New York Times and the New York Daily News, "ran up to Harlem and they fed black Americans bogus quotes from Media Matters." Continuing, he said, "Now, the black Americans up there, they didn't listen to The Radio Factor. They didn't know this was coming from Media Matters. ... So, the reporter ... feeds them the quote, and of course they say bad things about me." O'Reilly called these newspapers' actions "the height of racism." Apparently referring to the media who he said "ran up to Harlem and ... fed black Americans bogus quotes from Media Matters," O'Reilly added, "f I could strangle these people and not go to hell and get executed ... I would -- but I can't. ... All I can do is expose them. And I will."

Transcript and audio here

"You're all on notice out there!"

-Bill O'Reilly

:laugh: