Nero 8 Ultra Edition 8.1.1.0 Released

63rqxsn.gif

The Ultimate Solution for your Digital Life

Welcome to your digital life

Nero 8 Ultra Edition, the newest version of the world?s best-selling multimedia suite, brings the digital world to your PC. Now it?s easy to organize and manage all your multimedia files, as well as create and edit new digital content. Nero?s sleek design and user-friendly tools make completing projects fun and enjoyable.e.i>

Nero StartSmart 8 is the entry point for all functionality in Nero 8. With Nero StartSmart 8, all the powerful features of Nero8 are at your fingertips, making it easier than ever to complete your digital tasks.

Nero 8 comes loaded with a number of features that enhance Windows VistaTM. With the Nero DiscCopy Gadget, you can copy a disc of any format with just one click. With Rich Preview, you can view the contents of your files without having to open a separate application. With Nero MCE Plug-ins, you can burn and stream your content on a Windows Vista? MCE powered machine.

[*]Direct access to all features from

the project launcher

[*]High Definition format support

[*]Xbox 360? and PlayStation? 3

streaming features

[*]Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD burning support

[*]SecurDisc data protection support

[*]Copy a disc with just one click

[*]Graphics optimized for Windows Vista?

[*]Continual free updateThe following applications are included in Nero 8in Nero 8:

? Nero Mobile ? Media Center for Mobile Devices (Included in the Retail version of Nero 8 only)

? Nero Home 3 ? Media Management System

? Nero Scout ? Database Technology

? Nero StartSmart 8 ? One-Click Project Launcher

? Nero Burning ROM 8 ? Expert CD and DVD Burning

? Nero Express 8 ? Easy Interface CD and DVD Burning

? Nero WaveEditor 4 ? Audio Editing and Recording

? Nero SoundTrax 3 ? Professional Audio Mixing

? Nero Vision 5 ? Video Editing and Authoring

? Nero Recode 2 ? The World?s Fastest Video Converter

? Nero ShowTime 4 ? DVD and Multimedia Player

? Nero MediaHome 3 ? UPnPTM Streaming Solution

? Nero ControlCenter ? Simplified Customization and Configuration

? Nero PhotoSnap ? Photo Editing

? Nero PhotoSnap Viewer ? Photo Viewing

? Nero CoverDesigner 3 ? CD and DVD Label Design

? Nero BackItUp 3 ? Complete Backup Solution

? Nero ImageDrive 3 ? Virtual Drive Setup

? Nero DiscSpeed 4 ? Improve Optical Drive Performance

? Nero DriveSpeed 3 ? Complete Optical Drive Control

? Nero RescueAgent ? Improved File Recovery

? Nero BurnRights ? Easily Deployable Burning Rights

? Nero InfoTool 5 ? Drive an[curDisc Viewer ? View SecurDisc protected files

News.gifProduct Info: Nero 8 UDownload-colorc-->

Download.gifDownload: Nero 8 Ultra Edition

I'll be a brave soul and give this one a shot....

One of the things I didn't like about 6's version of Nero VE 3, was that for some reason I would lose about half of the sound volume when using the "Create DVD Movie" feature... turning vob's into mpgs. Course, till I found out the no-brainer part of just renaming the vob to mpg. VE 4, (Nero 7) didn't do this.... but the bloatware and having to constantly remove Nero Scout was a pain in the ass.

I'll be a brave soul and give this one a shot....

One of the things I didn't like about 6's version of Nero VE 3, was that for some reason I would lose about half of the sound volume when using the "Create DVD Movie" feature... turning vob's into mpgs. Course, till I found out the no-brainer part of just renaming the vob to mpg. VE 4, (Nero 7) didn't do this.... but the bloatware and having to constantly remove Nero Scout was a pain in the ass.

good luck mate ;)

I guess I'll try this out. I checked out the screenshots here and it still looks "bloated". I wish Nero would make a lite version. Now that would be the ultimate solution for my digital life.

Ehm, I think I'll stick to ImgBurn... After all, I just want to either burn images, create images, or create and burn my own compilations. Nothing more.

One can get all that in a < 2 MB archive, legally for free too.

But sure, I guess this is a good competitor for other "rich digital media experience software suites".

Wrong, now its turned into 3 Dvds. **** Nero.

Apologies, cause I am in a very bad mood.

Woah! Chill mate! Have a break! Have a kit-kat! :)

3 DVD? Might as well make the program 100gb next time. :)

I'm stickiung to Ashampoo :D

not sure what everyone is talking about, but Nero 8 found on the Nero website clocks in at 178MBs. Here are the details directly from the site:

Version8.1.1.0

Release DateOctober 01, 2007

Installable UntilJanuary 31, 2008

Trial Period15 Days after installation

File Size178 MB (186.639.824 bytes)

MD5 checksum296c0b85ad0299624f7408943bb173ad

Also, there is something called Nero Home. Looks a lot like Windows Media Center.

I can tell you that 8 is much better than version 7. However, if you are looking for something to simply burn a CD or DVD, then Nero Lite is the route to go.

in the installer, you can actually choose what gets installed.

There are tonnes of options now that you can either not install or install. This would actually negate the need for Nero Lite.

Nero is not known as a CD/DVD burning application anymore. It is more of a Digital video/audio/photo studio program. :no:

I stopped using Nero back in version 6. I have been using Ashampoo's Burning studio for years and it is a perfect solution to Nero.

metalguy90, yeah but why do we have to download that much (I seriously doubt the actual file downloaded is 178MB) and wait like forever for it to extract those junk into temp folders. Also I don't want to waste time deselecting junk to prevent them from installing.

Nero is not known as a CD/DVD burning application anymore. It is more of a Digital video/audio/photo studio program. :no:

I stopped using Nero back in version 6. I have been using Ashampoo's Burning studio for years and it is a perfect solution to Nero.

metalguy90, yeah but why do we have to download that much (I seriously doubt the actual file downloaded is 178MB) and wait like forever for it to extract those junk into temp folders. Also I don't want to waste time deselecting junk to prevent them from installing.

i am just saying that if people wanted to use Nero solely on its burning features... then they could.

its really up to the person if they want to uncheck the options or find another program to burn with.

And to note, its a 178MB install file, and after install its 383MB installed (full installation)

The following applications are included in Nero 8:

? Nero Mobile ? Media Center for Mobile Devices (Included in the Retail version of Nero 8 only)

? Nero Home 3 ? Media Management System

? Nero Scout ? Database Technology

? Nero StartSmart 8 ? One-Click Project Launcher

? Nero Burning ROM 8 ? Expert CD and DVD Burning

? Nero Express 8 ? Easy Interface CD and DVD Burning

? Nero WaveEditor 4 ? Audio Editing and Recording

? Nero SoundTrax 3 ? Professional Audio Mixing

? Nero Vision 5 ? Video Editing and Authoring

? Nero Recode 2 ? The World?s Fastest Video Converter

? Nero ShowTime 4 ? DVD and Multimedia Player

? Nero MediaHome 3 ? UPnPTM Streaming Solution

? Nero ControlCenter ? Simplified Customization and Configuration

? Nero PhotoSnap ? Photo Editing

? Nero PhotoSnap Viewer ? Photo Viewing

? Nero CoverDesigner 3 ? CD and DVD Label Design

? Nero BackItUp 3 ? Complete Backup Solution

? Nero ImageDrive 3 ? Virtual Drive Setup

? Nero DiscSpeed 4 ? Improve Optical Drive Performance

? Nero DriveSpeed 3 ? Complete Optical Drive Control

? Nero RescueAgent ? Improved File Recovery

? Nero BurnRights ? Easily Deployable Burning Rights

? Nero InfoTool 5 ? Drive and Disc Analysis

? InCD 5 ? Packet Writing Solution

? SecurDisc Viewer ? View SecurDisc protected files

LOL

i was kinda getting ready for this and normally i'm the first to upgrade but i'm like eeeehh, Nero 7 Micro works great for me so no need to upgrade at all.

I hope this update fixes the problem with the retail release that trying to burn something from startsmart gives you an error loading the "burn engine".