[Updated] Why Subscribe to Neowin?

Hey, you guys with the cookies. Got any white chocolate ones?

your meant to get one when you subscribe ? maybe yours is stuck in that giant pile of mail :p

I'd miss my gold stars if I became a subscriber :shiftyninja:

Don't worry, you'll know where you are by post count :D

I'd miss my gold stars if I became a subscriber :shiftyninja:

Yeah the gold stars are something I miss especially at a time like when I do eventually reach 15 thousand.

set (or get it set by a admin) subscriber as your second usergroup and have plain user first, then you display your stars and you look like the regular folk ececpt for that you can access the "other" areas

I'm thinking about subscribing, but one thing that really turned me off is that I'd have to pay more than an American, even though the Canadian dollar is worth more? Is there any reason why?

the_guy

I'm thinking about subscribing, but one thing that really turned me off is that I'd have to pay more than an American, even though the Canadian dollar is worth more? Is there any reason why?

the_guy

the rates listed when you go to subscribe aren't correct. when you pay through paypal it converts using the current rates. On neowin in the dropdown for USD it said i would pay $12.something, but when i actually did it through paypal the total was almost $15.

I think that you should make it an option to leave the stars on. I kinda of really miss mine.

Also, as mentioned b4. we should REALLY have a 2nd yr, 3rd yr, and so on subscriber groups.

I would SO subscribe again for that. Otherwise, I don't think I will next year. I have no reason. I don't use the blog and the increased mailbox is not enough (and I like my stars :shiftyninja:).

Think about it!

I need more stars. I think this "subscriber" program is a good way to hide my measly number of stars :p

I know what you mean. But they should make it optional! Stars on or off

I just became a subscriber :D

(Y)(Y) welcome to the club! mind my NSFW postings :)

I would pay a little extra for a ad removal package, with some extra perks :)

i'd also be interested in subscribing if avatar sizes were increased, 20kb is hardly enough . . . maybe 100-150kb? another subscriber perk perhaps?

Nah, that sort of limits more to reduce load times than it is a storage issue. I don't want to see avatar file sizes soaring. Besides with the size limit 20kb should be enough.

Nah, that sort of limits more to reduce load times than it is a storage issue. I don't want to see avatar file sizes soaring. Besides with the size limit 20kb should be enough.

but i like complex animated .gif avatars . . . :)

Enhanced Service & Blog

Apart from supporting Neowin financially we also offer extended services for members for a measly ?10b> (or round about $12.50 USD)

[snip]

I think you could consider having a group called &quogold member subscribersi>" few extra perks perhaps, fo?50 per year.. id be happy to pay it.

The problem with a measly ?10 that Neobond or the ?50 that Snyper puts forward as a reasonable amount to pay for this privilege, is a **** load of money for me! The ?10 is about R150.00 SA and the ?50 is a ludicrous amount of more than R750.00 ( This will pay my motorcar's insurance for four months!) SA. There is no way on God's green earth that I would pay that sort of money to have access to an area on the forum that is supposedly exclusive! :huh:! :huh:

but i like complex animated .gif avatars . . . :)

Heh, I hate animated sigs and avatars.

Anyway I'm going to subscribe....sometime. Maybe when I start my new job in November. Not that I don't have money atm, but I'd rather hold onto it until I have some income.

The problem with a measly ?10 that Neobond or the ?50 that Snyper puts forward as a reasonable amount to pay for this privilege, is a **** load of money for me! The ?10 is about R150.00 SA and the ?50 is a ludicrous amount of more than R750.00 ( This will pay my motorcar's insurance for four months!) SA. There is no way on God's green earth that I would pay that sort of money to have access to an area on the forum that is supposedly exclusive! Sorr:huh:; :huh:

Obviously if you aren't wealthy enough to pay for a subscription then you shouldn't. It's not so much about getting access to an exclusive area on the forums, that's just a perk, what it's really about is supporting Neowin. I, for one, wouldn't mind paying more to support Neowin, especially if there were more perks, but if you can't afford it then don't worry about it. Neowin is ok without subscribers, they just help out that much more.

Edited by jzetterman