952 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find Neowin?

• A Google (Search) Result
    • From a friend/acquaintance
    • At work
    • By a news story
    • From TV/Radio
    • Link exchange / Linked from another site

Looking for Calibre I fell into this forum. My interest is converting books and uploading them intomy kindle. Usihg file manager I can't address the file structure in my kindle. Will Calibre do it for me?

• Thanks 1

Back in the day when I searched Google / Altavista for trivial answers on tech issues I always seemed to find the threads on Neowin, so finally I thought to myself that it was about time to create my own account, and perhaps share some wisdom! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Probably through an AltaVista search while I was feverishly awaiting the release of XP, lol.

Dang it! The guy just above me already made that quip. I don't even get the satisfaction of laughing at my own joke. Sigh ....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found it linked to a news story, I was reading. It was about the latest technology trends to look for in 2021. This forum is worthy for those who wants to keep updated from latest tech news and industry news.

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

I found this place by searching in the web, but i did not use Google. So, the voting options do not really apply for me. I chose the last option, although it is vague, for my case. Google is bad for privacy, and does many bad things. As search engine, i stopped using it a few years ago, or something close to this. Today, i only use the search engine duckduckgo.com , where our privacy is the first guarantee. Our queries are not given as personal data to ad companies, as Google and other companies do. And the results are basically the same! Of course, you may have to remember that Google results are personal. So, for a few searches, you may still find google better. Illusion. It is giving you results based in information that goes BEYOND the search query. It is not a fair comparison. It is just a harder search, probably. There is also Gigablast, which is an open source search engine. But i rarely use it. Anyway, i have known its since the first months of life, which is around 10 or 15 years ago, at most. At this time, it was a closed source engine, aiming to be together in the market of searching services. It has good results.

I searched things to find a Windows forum and, if possible, a forum where i can discuss about Borland C++ Builder too, which is something i am "playing" with, right now. So, my first thread is exactly about this. :)🙂  

Edited by tininha
it should be a link, but the (any?) automatic did not work

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hell-o I'm James call me spheady. I just ran into this site looking at modules/tweaks/recovery and roms for my phone. I have a oneplus 7 pro right now. I just got my laptop to run Hankintosh ware and right now I'm installing a WSL of ubuntu into hyper-V and a wsl copy that will have root features lol. It's nice to have everyone read ty

WIN_20220321_19_17_20_Pro.jpg

As soon as I turned 18 (Sept 2014), I started to search for tech outlets for which I could write. Neowin came up in search results and I felt like it would be a good fit for my tech interests after going through their front-page articles. So I applied in Oct 2014, Steve kindly offered me a place, and I have been here since then :D 

• 5 months later...

I found neowin after registering for Samsung developers and studying some of their documentation. I am a current computer science student majoring in bachelor of science in software and Mobile applications development 

Think it's aboot time I mentioned how I came about Neowin, as a wee lad I used to search anything related to tech, ended up at Winbeta back in the longhorn and TechGear007 with regards to MSN Chat / mIRC / Vincula days and ultimately found my way here via a cross-linked articles.

• Like 3

On 12/09/2022 at 06:41, lunamonkey said:

I think I've filled this out before, but I think it was from WinCustomize or WindowBlinds, or other Stardock stuff. I will be a 20 year member in May 2023 :D

Nice.  I join the 20 year club in July of next year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...