Guitar Hero III OFFICIAL

I can't believe I am the one that posts this, but the game is less than a week away! Where are all the posts? :p I know for the most part they have been in the demo thread but still I thought we should have an official one to talk about the game.

I was going to post the track list, but instead of getting yelled at for posting an out of date one, I am leaving it up to you guys to settle it. The latest one I found was the "rumored" one from 9/20/07 on Kotaku.

The one thing that I can't wait for, MULTIPLAYER! How cool is this going to be? Hopefully Activision helped them nail this one!

Feel free to mention anything in the campaign, multiplayer, or whatever!

I don't know when it is coming out in Australia but hopefully it will keep me occupied until Rock Band comes out. I played the demo and it seems fine just like the past three Guitar Hero games but some of the changes do somewhat annoy me (though I'm sure that's because I'm just not use to the changes).

The singer looks disgusting, he has a huge mouth and reminds me of Steven Tyler. Actually, the punk guitarist looks disgusting too. And it's a bit hard to ignore the singer when most of the time the camera just shows an extreme close-up of his face.

The streak notification text I thought was a neat new feature but after playing the demo, I would always tilt my guitar up thinking it is a Star Power when in fact it's just telling me I got a 50 note streak and it sort of distracts me and kills my streak when I'm wondering why my Star Power isn't activating. Though I know I'll adjust to this once I play a few more songs.

I also dislike the HUD, more so, the Star Power bar. I liked the old Star Power bar which just displayed one tube with a half way marker and you can depict even the smallest increase in Star Power but the new one, it seems like they just present you with small separate bars that don't tell you whether you just started a new bar or you're at the end of one. It just doesn't seem to make things easier.

But those are just little problems I have with Guitar Hero III. I'm still going to play the hell out of it like I do with Guitar Hero II. I'm not too hyped about the new added features, I just feel that they're just there. I'm just excited to have a new Guitar Hero coming out with new songs to play (though I find some selections are a bit strange eg. Kaiser Chiefs, The Strokes, The Killers, Bloc Party).

I agree wholeheartdly about the star power issue. I realize they wanted to change up the HUD, but jeez.

+1

For anyone who wants to see "Through the Fire and Flames":

Well that's a link to the whole song :p

HOLY CRAP!

Where did you find that? My friends are going to love you. I had only seen that other clip with like the first 1:30 and the last minute or so.

Around minute 5 and 6 is just insane.

Peep the entire track list to date after the break (with helpful YouTube links!).

* "3's and 7's" by Queens of the Stone Age

* "Anarchy in the U.K." ? Sex Pistols

* "Avalancha" by Heroes Del Silencio

* "Barracuda" as made famous by Heart

* "Before I Forget" by Slipknot

* "Black Magic Woman" as made famous by Santana

* "Black Sunshine" as made famous by White Zombie

* "Bulls on Parade" ? Rage Against the Machine

* "Cherub Rock" by Smashing Pumpkins

* "Cities on Flame" as made famous by Blue Oyster Cult

* "Cliffs of Dover" as made famous by Eric Johnson

* "Closer" by Lacuna Coil

* "Cult of Personality" by Living Colour

* "Devil Went Down to Georgia" as made famous by Charlie Daniels Band

* "Even Flow" ? Pearl Jam

* "Generation Rock" by Revolverheld

* "Go That Far" ? Bret Michaels Band

* "Helicopter" by Bloc Party

* "Hier Kommt Alex" by Die Toten Hosen

* "Hit Me with Your Best Shot" as made famous by Pat Benetar

* "Holiday in Cambodia" as made famous by Dead Kennedys

* "I'm in the Band" by The Hellacopters

* "In the Belly of a Shark" by Gallows

* "Knights of Cydonia" by Muse

* "Kool Thing" by Sonic Youth

* "La Grange" by ZZ Top

* "Lay Down" ? Priestess

* "Mauvais Garcon" by NAAST

* "The Metal" by Tenacious D

* "Minus Celsius" by Backyard Babies

* "Miss Murder" by AFI

* "Mississippi Queen" as made famous by Mountain

* "Monsters" by Matchbook Romance

* "My Name is Jonas" by Weezer

* "Number Of The Beast" as made famous by Iron Maiden

* "One" ? Metallica

* "Paint It Black" by The Rolling Stones

* "Paranoid" as made famous by Black Sabbath

* "Pride and Joy" as made famous by Stevie Ray Vaughn

* "Radio Song" by Superbus

* "Raining Blood" by Slayer

* "Reptillia" by The Strokes

* "Rock And Roll All Nite" as made famous by Kiss

* "Rock You Like a Hurricane" ? Scorpions

* "Ruby" by Kaiser Chiefs

* "Sabotage" by Beastie Boys

* "Same Old Song and Dance" by Aerosmith

* "School's Out" as made famous by Alice Cooper

* "The Seeker" as made famous by The Who

* "She Bangs the Drums" ? The Stone Roses

* "She Builds Quick Machines" ? Velvet Revolver

* "Slow Ride" as made famous by Foghat

* "Story of My Life" as made famous by Social Distortion

* "Stricken" by Disturbed

* "Suck My Kiss" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers

* "Sunshine of Your Love" as made famous by Cream

* "Take This Life" by In Flames

* "Talk Dirty to Me" - Poison

* "Through The Fire And Flames" by DragonForce

* "Welcome to the Jungle" ? Guns N' Roses

* "When You Were Young" by The Killers

I haven't heard anybody complain so far about the battle system. Has anybody even tried it on the demo?

I was the biggest complainer about this when they first talked about it, but wow it is AWESOME! Actually playing it with a friend is so much fun. Try it out and comment.

I haven't heard anybody complain so far about the battle system. Has anybody even tried it on the demo?

I was the biggest complainer about this when they first talked about it, but wow it is AWESOME! Actually playing it with a friend is so much fun. Try it out and comment.

It will be lots of fun if you play with someone of equal skill. If I try out Battle Mode online, I'm guessing that I'd probably lose every time.

I don't get the point of Guitar Hero... Make fake music with a fake guitar in a video game?

Same point of the DDR games and the Singstar etc.

The simulation series....

They arn't made for everybody.

I don't get the point of Guitar Hero... Make fake music with a fake guitar in a video game?

That can be said with every video game... Why put a fake elf in a fake world in a video game?

Well, I got mine copy preorded and I got that funny checkered strap. It's pretty emo looking if you ask me.

+1

For anyone who wants to see "Through the Fire and Flames":

It's longer than jordan....but doesn't seem as stupidly hard. I believe I can beat this song with some practice! :D

It's longer than jordan....but doesn't seem as stupidly hard. I believe I can beat this song with some practice! :D

In parts though I believe it is harder than Jordan and the fact that it is longer puts a bigger strain on. That will make it that much harder when you fail at say 90% :D.

I just got an email from redoctane saying my preorder shipped...

Good and bad. You probably won't get it before Saturday which means no deliver on Sunday, so no package until at least the earliest, Monday.

That's why I am still hoping that I can get one Sunday.

Good and bad. You probably won't get it before Saturday which means no deliver on Sunday, so no package until at least the earliest, Monday.

That's why I am still hoping that I can get one Sunday.

all i ever do on a sunday during football season is watch football...so it makes no difference to me. I don't need the game at my house the day it comes out in the store anyways. It was just easiest to order it online. It will be a nice surprise one day next week when I get home from work and see the game sitting on my front porch ;)

all i ever do on a sunday during football season is watch football...so it makes no difference to me. I don't need the game at my house the day it comes out in the store anyways. It was just easiest to order it online. It will be a nice surprise one day next week when I get home from work and see the game sitting on my front porch ;)

Well I have a 7-9 minute speech due for class on Monday, and I still haven't started (10:00am friday). So you can imagine how much GH III, that I will be able to play especially with work and going to Lincoln to get it Sunday.