Guitar Hero III OFFICIAL

Some Sears stores accidentally put it out last like Tuesday or Wednesday and one of my friends got it.

I haven't played it yet, but he said it was amazing.

Oh, and it's been online for over a week for PS2 if you have a mod chip or swap disc.

I'm gonna bet that I beat expert mode first! Bleh! :p

The Devil Went Down to Georgia looks pretty damn hard especially since you gotta do it against Lou. :|

Well sorry guys, no impressions tonight before I go to bed. I could have got it at the midnight launch (at the local hidden walmart which is great for games) but had a 1 year anniversary thing with my girlfriend instead. I'll be picking it up hopefully around 2pm-3pm tomorrow (cst).

Just finished playing it. Great stuff, can't wait to beat the whole thing and unlock all the tracks. :D

Anyone know any cheat codes in the mean time? My GF is coming over tomorrow and I'd like for her to checkout whatever tracks she may know, I'm kinda hoping she gets into it. :D

Isn't there more songs to unlock on the coop career? I don't like the idea of needing another person to play to unlock the songs... Is coop career playable online? Because I honestly don't have anyone nearby that plays this game and don't want to miss out on these songs just because I can't get someone else.

One thing I hated about Guitar Hero II was the achievements made you play through the game at least 4 times, once on each difficulty to get up to 8 achievements. Is this the same case with Guitar Hero III? If it is, I'm guessing Neversoft does it worse than what Harmonix had done considering there's coop career achievements on top of that as well as playing the game through lefty and righty... Damn them.

Will a Guitar Hero 2 controller for PS2 work with the xbox360 ?

if you are asking about the older wired guitars like for GH 1 and 2, no they won't work because it used the controller port end. I'm not sure about the newer ones though.

if you are asking about the older wired guitars like for GH 1 and 2, no they won't work because it used the controller port end. I'm not sure about the newer ones though.

I think he's talking more like a PS2 controller port to USB kind of deal? If something like that exists.

Isn't there more songs to unlock on the coop career? I don't like the idea of needing another person to play to unlock the songs... Is coop career playable online? Because I honestly don't have anyone nearby that plays this game and don't want to miss out on these songs just because I can't get someone else.

One thing I hated about Guitar Hero II was the achievements made you play through the game at least 4 times, once on each difficulty to get up to 8 achievements. Is this the same case with Guitar Hero III? If it is, I'm guessing Neversoft does it worse than what Harmonix had done considering there's coop career achievements on top of that as well as playing the game through lefty and righty... Damn them.

co-op career is what you use to unlock the songs to my knowledge, i know theyre only playable at first that way i havent been able to do it yet, hopefully tonight, to unlock so i cant say for sure, but they show up when you play online and you cant do online co-op career only battle mode, face off and pro face off which sucks... achievement wise its relatively the same, easy medium hard and expert for single player plus 5 starring them all, but you dont have to beat them all in co-op but there are achievements for 5 starring all the difficulties on co-op

I'm so excited! I'm going to go pick it up within an hour. That Wal-Mart I mentioned above even with the midnight launch last night, still has tons of copies. It has to be some like secret hidden Wal-Mart or something because even when Wii's were supposed to be sold out everywhere in the last 6-8 months, that store always had 5+.

Great...just found out about the Wal-Mart issue.

Now, I have to go all the way to Lincoln, and grab one! So much for a quick trip...

Edited by mystic54

Well, I beat it on expert. My hands hurt.

Now you have to go through on easy, medium and hard. Easy is just plain annoying for me and I can only beat GH2 on hard, I can't imagine how boring easy will be for you :p

I don't think I'll ever be able to beat it on Expert. I don't think my fingers can move that way that fast. :laugh:

Mine definitely can't. I'm relatively new to GH2 and I have a tough enough time with medium, much less hard or expert.

-Spenser

Is expert on GHIII a lot harder than GHII expert?

I'm in the third set of song and for most of the songs so far it seems to be more difficult (at least early on). Some songs though are so boring with the same part all the time (Mississippi Queen :()

Is expert on GHIII a lot harder than GHII expert?

id say yes.. i beat gh2 on expert and atm i can't get past tier 7 on expert in gh3, before i forget and 3's and 7's is kicking my ass