Guitar Hero III OFFICIAL

Personally, I found GH3 easier than GH2. There were 1-2 hard songs that surprised me, but I found it quite easier on expert. That could also be the fact that I've played the hell out of GH2 though. Now all that is left is Through the Fire And Flames and to five start on expert:/

Personally, I found GH3 easier than GH2. There were 1-2 hard songs that surprised me, but I found it quite easier on expert. That could also be the fact that I've played the hell out of GH2 though. Now all that is left is Through the Fire And Flames and to five start on expert:/

Baha, I've only reached 2% in Through the Fire and Flames.

Maybe it's because I still have all of the skill from GH2 but GH3 wasn't that bad on expert.

I didn't play it on the career, but I did a practice run and the first/only time through I hit 2732/3722 notes...74%, so if i can make it through that weird intro, it's definitely not going to be too difficult to beat the rest of it.

So you only unlock Through the Fire and Flames if you complete it on expert ? :( That blows :(

no, you unlock it when you beat the game on any difficulity. i unlocked it after beating hard, my friend unlocked it after beating medium

no, you unlock it when you beat the game on any difficulity. i unlocked it after beating hard, my friend unlocked it after beating medium

Phew that's ok then :p Can't wait to try it, I just know I'm gonna suck at it :laugh:

From watching Crescente this morning, I noticed when he used the whammy, it bends the entire song rather than just the guitar. Is this a problem due to master tracks or am I just hearing things?

Awww, so i wasnt the only one to get it early :p surprised with a package today!

1801585490_7a7cb60e17.jpg

1801577088_e4c525f8e7.jpg

1801581760_215f45dbb7.jpg

1800741161_817cd8036d.jpg

And me rockin out!

1800742397_85714c5623.jpg

and i agree, I started out with Mississippi Queen, and I was somewhat disappointed with that song :(

The wireless guitar is a little heavier than the GHII guitar...but didnt really notice it after putting the strap over my neck

I've never been impressed with the overall quality of the guitars, which I can deal with, except for the lack of any weight. So, I'm currently doing to my new wireless guitar, what I did to my old wired guitars: Ripping them apart, adding some much needed weight, and cutting back on some of the other flimsy areas. At the same time i'm making a custom faceplate to get rid of that ugly shiny black surface.

Once again, I really have to sing praises to GH III! I was liking the track list about half way through the campaign, then you get to a couple like The Metal for instance (Jack Black, no more touching a guitar), which I really don't like. I beat them and move on to my favorite track list yet.

All I remember is it had Stricken by Disturbed, a somewhat hard Slipknot song, Knights of Cydonia which I had never heard before and I love it know, and that 3's & 7's which I also had not heard but now love. Then I get to the encore, and I was man this song sounds familiar...wait I know this one too; I love it!!! Then I got to the jordan like solo and crapped out right near the end with the stair steps left which then go to orange skip blue, yellow oranges and like the last set just got me! Oh well, I will glady play that song again.

Finally, once again I really enjoy the XBL multiplayer. Just hooking up with a random person and drilling them in a pro face off is a ton of fun.

Hehe, yeah, hooking up with those chumps in pro faceoff is pretty fun. :shifty:

I love playing The Metal, though. How could you not!? BTW, the encore song is Cult of Personality, fun and easy song.

I think my favorite is the last teir of songs. Number of the Beast is my best song so if anyone wants to play me on that on expert, just call. ;)

Raining Blood is pretty fun, One is really fun, and I like Cliffs of Dover, the song, but I suck at playing it.

Hehe, yeah, hooking up with those chumps in pro faceoff is pretty fun. :shifty:

I love playing The Metal, though. How could you not!?

I just don't really like Jack Black singing, not sure why I have heard about 5 of his songs and they just really bug me.

Newsflash though guys:

Phantom Issues

The issues appear mainly to be with the 360 guitars and I hate to admit that I have had this happen to me about 3 times in 6 hours of playing. I couldn't figure out why at some points while playing no buttons would register on the guitar for about 2-3 seconds. I haven't had it happen to me in the last couple hours though, so I am hoping it is just the guitar breaking itself in.

It hasn't happened to me but I'm having some issues with Star Power. The board jerks for a second sometimes when I use Star Power and one time, one of my notes dissapeared off of the screen for a sec.

O B O Y O B O Y

I'm gonna assume that you know how to enter in the cheat. I'm gonna go to sleep now. :yawns:

That was the first one I ever tried and I entered just as fast as I used to with GH II. I guess I'll keep trying when I get back home from school tomorrow.

OH MY FREAKING GOD!

People on Neowin NOW find out about Guitar Hero? I tried to get a thread going a few months back and everyone was replying "What the heck are you talking about?" or "Hangar 18 what?"

Right now One and Raining Blood are kicking my ass on expert. Anyone have any ideas on how to make it easier?

OH MY FREAKING GOD!

People on Neowin NOW find out about Guitar Hero? I tried to get a thread going a few months back and everyone was replying "What the heck are you talking about?" or "Hangar 18 what?"

Right now One and Raining Blood are kicking my ass on expert. Anyone have any ideas on how to make it easier?

Its not like Neowin didn't know about GH, nobody every posted. Instead of posting here, I for one posted over at scorehero.com when I had stuff to talk about in depth about the game.

Thanks for the hyperspeed code here, I'll try it when I get home from school.

The game is cool and all, but the achievements are ridiculous. I don't see how you can possibly get them all unless you are some sort of video game savant (Complete the game using the standard controller on hard or expert? wtf!?).

The game is cool and all, but the achievements are ridiculous. I don't see how you can possibly get them all unless you are some sort of video game savant (Complete the game using the standard controller on hard or expert? wtf!?).

Yea, I have to agree that some of these achievements are pretty steep. The ones I'm complaining about are:

100 Million!?! Gulp!?! (30) Earn 100,000,000 points total in Career

Big 'Ol Pile of Wins (20) Win 500 Online Ranked matches

Star Mania (15) Activate Star Power 3 times on Through the Fire and Flames on Expert

The Inhuman Achievement (15) Complete Through the Fire and Flames on Expert

The Long Road Ahead (100) Complete all difficulties in Career, buy everything from the shop and complete 100 online matches

those are just a couple examples of ones that I will never complete or come close to.

URGENT!

Yo! Do this quick before they patch it or something.

If you have hard or expert finished with a guitar, just reboot your Xbox with only the 360 controller on and get on GH3. Then, just click "Career" at the main menu with the controller and keep going into that area until you get the acheivement. You won't need to beat a song or anything!

I stilled have not had a chance to pick up my copy been really busy with school plus I am saving up to go see Dane Cook in DC on the 16th :jump: