Post updated to new Build 8205 (Alpha)

(2008-01-28)

?Torrent is an efficient and feature rich BitTorrent client for Windows sporting a very small footprint. It was designed to use as little cpu, memory and space as possible while offering all the functionality expected from advanced clients. Most of the features present in other BitTorrent clients are present in ?Torrent, including bandwidth prioritization, scheduling, RSS auto-downloading and Mainline DHT (compatible with BitComet). Additionally, ?Torrent supports the Protocol Encryption joint specification (compatible with Azureus 2.4.0.0 and above, BitComet 0.63 and above) and peer exchange. ?Torrent was written with efficiency in mind. Unlike many torrent clients, it does not hog valuable system resources - typically using less than 6MB of memory, allowing you to use the computer as if it weren't there at all. Additionally, the program itself is contained within a single executable less than 220 KB in sizFeatures:

* Multiple simultaneous downloads

* Configurable bandwidth scheduler

* Global and per-torrent speed limiting

* Quick-resumes interrupted transfers

* RSS Downloader

* Trackerless support (Mainline DHT)

Be warned, this isalpha, not a beta, so bugs are to be expected, and it is not to be considered feature complete. Don't test this on private trackers without explicit permission from staff, if you value your account. Please test and report bugs/crashes/etc. Thanks.[/quot
--- 2008-01-28: Version 1.8 alpha (build 8205)

- Change: Return to old font size for listview progress bars

- Fix: Do not select a listview column if an option is not chosen from the column context menu

- Fix: update timeouts with trackers

- Fix: a few crash bugFor a detailed Changelog of ?Torrent 1.8 view the Official Forum Dicussion][/quoDownloadd: ?Torrent 1.8 alpha 8205 (Tcoolzeeee for the upView:w: Official Forum Discussion[Link:k: Home Page | Official Forum

Edit: Post updated to the newest ALPHA Build

Edited by EL1TE

So does this new version also spy on you for the RIAA/MPAA?

:D

Yea, it opens a remote control back door access for the FBI

better be careful and only download legit stuff ;)

So does this new version also spy on you for the RIAA/MPAA?

:D

Man you have no tact!

It doesn't spy, it monitors your download activity just in case your dowloading something that might not be DRM'd for your own protection.

Silly fools, still don't realize DRM is only there to save you from yourselves... DRM means high-quality, full-length content.

And it's not just for your own personal safety, you selfish losers. It's to stop communism, everyone knows that P2P and especially the "popular" uTorrent are used by Russian ultranationalists trying to corrupt the rest of the world by injecting the concept of "sharing" stuff that no one owns - that's absoloutely unamerican!

You can't criticize DRM and most certainly not the RIAA/MPAA, because they're doing it for national security reasons as their upcoming lawsuits will reveal:

Judge: And where is the evidence of theft?

RIAA Counsler: Your Honor, seeing as this is a matter of national security and the freedom of capitalim and democracy is at stake, The Patriot Act clearly states you have no right to this evidence!

After installing the latest build (6104) and downloading an episode of "American Chicken Guy", I heard a knock on the door. On the opening of the door, I saw teh MP3A agents, disguised as two little girls. They were selling cookies, but I didn't buy their act! I quickly said "no thanks" after purchasing twelve boxes, closed the door and immediately deleted the episode, without even watching it.

And now, I sit in front of twelve empty cookie boxes in fear, while installing Newsleecher v3.9 Beta 9. Light and nice client, but I will never again, download anything from torrents!

I was thinking about this last night, on when they will update this again. glad to see he updated it, and made huge changes (Y)

How well is it working?

I've never really used any alpha or beta uTorrent releases.

Worth downloading?

It works just fine (stability-wise). But I hate what they've done with it.

How so, what have they done?

They've integrated the RSS section as a tab, accessible from the sidebar... It's turned into an RSS feed reader (no more lite and simple).

I can't even find the RSS Torrent Filter section!

rsstorrentsaw2.th.png

Compared to the original way:

rsstorrents1vr2.th.png

(Disclaimer: not actually downloading any of that stuff, it's just there for illustrative/educational purposes :D)

we knew the end was near when they were bought out

no use complaining, the damage was done

Huh, because of the RSS tab (hint: some release news sites use RSS) or because of the multitude of other fixes, like better hashfail checks to work against the *AA's injection attacks? But sure, stick with whatever old version you've got if you wish.