Live messenger 9 Beta invite

LOL and i thought this was a free community....... what are you now MSN police or something

No, not MSN police, but a butterfly who got his access removed for a week (along with all the other butterflies) because someone decided to leak a feature list (and the managed beta invitation ID). Neobond took it (the feature list) from a post on Neowin and posted it on the front page. The post was removed a while later, but the front page article was not.

I wouldn't exactly worry about him. Check his avator photo, if that's him, he looks to be about 16. I don't hold much stock in him being able to do much.

Plus we all know that Neowin tends not to be the first to leak much when it comes to wlm, that falls to mess.be or the others.

uh? My avatar is of BoA (the Korean singer), it's a she. By the way, it's spelt "avatar."

+ about the leak: read above. I'm sure no harm was intended, although it's important that people recognise the difference between private and public information.

Perhaps you misunderstood me? I don't mean that I would remove your access, I mean that we (collectively as a group of testers) would have our access removed if leaks occurred.

lol lol i dont believe everyone had their access removed because someone leaked a feature list.

You have no right to tell us what we can and cant post on a forum, as well as for what mods can do etc. It's upto us if we want to leak it and we all know someone does leak information anyway.

oh noes feature list https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...amp;p=589009839 OMGZOR you must stop him nowzor!

Same here, don't worry... ;) Check the NG and ask..

so when do the UK msn butterflys get there invites? i have been on all the other msn/live messenger betas before

but i havent recived my invite code yet. :(

so when do the UK msn butterflys get there invites? i have been on all the other msn/live messenger betas before

but i havent recived my invite code yet. :(

got mine and i am from UK :)

i find it rather depressing that i can get an invite to everything else they do but not windows live messenger 9 ..... microsoft owes me a hug

lol lol i dont believe everyone had their access removed because someone leaked a feature list.

You have no right to tell us what we can and cant post on a forum, as well as for what mods can do etc. It's upto us if we want to leak it and we all know someone does leak information anyway.

oh noes feature list https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...amp;p=589009839 OMGZOR you must stop him nowzor!

You're not a butterfly, aren't you? Well, I'm telling you, it was made clear to us that it was because of the leaked feature list that we were removed temporarily.

I'm telling invitees what they should and should not do, not what they can and cannot do. I'm telling them that their actions affect us all as a collective and it isn't worth doing something for 15 minutes of fame.

I'm sorry if I offended you, but think you're taking this a bit too seriously. I wasn't threatening everyone, just reminding.

Edit: If you are a Butterfly, the newsgroup you should be checking is microsoft.beta.windowslive.butterfly.cafe.

Edited by Ledward

i think you need to calm down you have no real right to state what can be done. You seem to think your on a power trip and well its gonna stop. You cant boss everyone around. At the end of the day its upto them what they do not upto you how you tell them what to do.

So what if someone leaked it, ms will track them down.

Then you go on to presume i am not a butterfly....... I have been for some time now i still have those crappy pens and mouse matts and some random webcams and some random bag. I have been in their beta program for some time now.

what newsgroups are we ment to be checking.....

If you think you're a butterfly, check the Cafe newsgroup for all information regarding the beta.

You're not a butterfly, aren't you? Well, I'm telling you, it was made clear to us that it was because of the leaked feature list that we were removed temporarily.

I'm telling invitees what they should and should not do, not what they can and cannot do. I'm telling them that their actions affect us all as a collective and it isn't worth doing something for 15 minutes of fame.

While you're ranting about people posting stuff that's under NDA, you should also know that we're not supposed to be talking outside the Cafe as to why the beta has ended, etc etc. And the feature list is just one of many reasons as to why the beta ended, the invitation ID for the butterflies was leaked.

If you think you're a butterfly, check the Cafe newsgroup for all information regarding the beta.

While you're ranting about people posting stuff that's under NDA, you should also know that we're not supposed to be talking outside the Cafe as to why the beta has ended, etc etc. And the feature list is just one of many reasons as to why the beta ended, the invitation ID for the butterflies was leaked.

Are you Serious? The Beta ended already? I never got accepted still "pending"

All invitations sent a week ago have now been cancelled due to a problem that occured.

New invitiations have been sent out today to Butterflys and MVP's. This will allow you to automatically get into the program without any survey.

Anyone else got there new invitation, i got mine an hour ago.

David.

I'm really annoyed that they've now restricted it to Butterflies and MVP's, I was looking forward to the new beta. Unfortunately, it's the minority that ruin it for the majority.

to stop the sharing of the invite key they should make it relevant to the individual invited, then it would show who was passing it around, this has only spoilt it for the rest of us, thanks to the person who gave the invite key to their mates, you're a true dick ....