Hamster Horror: Boy Tortured Pet to Death

"Do unto others" is a statement referring to other humans, not animals. And I'm sure quite a lot of people wouldn't enjoy getting a fish-hook put through their mouth and cast into the water at bait, but we do that a lot. Despite the fact that it's necessity, you're still doing unto something that I'm sure you wouldn't like done to yourself, even if it were necessary for something else to do it to you in order to survive.

-Spenser

It applies to everything and there are ways to kill animals quickly. I mentioned awhile back that killing for food is entirely different. The native americans would always give thanks to the animals they killed for food before they ate.

although what the boy did was pretty wrong & disturbing . . please remember it is just a damn hamster people !

my little rabbit got out of its cage once, and soon died a horrible death from my neighbors dog (golden retriever), whom probably thought it was just a play toy.

animals die ... cycle of life.. blah blah blah ..

in the end .. so what, another pet died.

yes the kid has issues, but hammers have such a short life span anyways, and remember .. it is just a hamster!, they are a dime a dozen (figuratively speaking). They are in the same category as gold fish.

although what the boy did was pretty wrong & disturbing . . please remember it is just a damn hamster people !

my little rabbit got out of its cage once, and soon died a horrible death from my neighbors dog (golden retriever), whom probably thought it was just a play toy.

animals die ... cycle of life.. blah blah blah ..

in the end .. so what, another pet died.

yes the kid has issues, but hammers have such a short life span anyways, and remember .. it is just a hamster!, they are a dime a dozen (figuratively speaking). They are in the same category as gold fish.

he killed a small defenseless animal for kicks...how can you think he deserves anything less then being beating to the edge of death.

What's with everyone saying that he should be tortured and sent to a detention center? That's just ridiculous.

The punishments that are stated by the law for animal cruelty are set for a reason. People can't be punished more severely just because they are accused of a crime that the public perceives as being particularly heinous.