Heroes Volume 3 : Villains

Episode Titles

Episode 3x01: "The Second Coming"

September 22nd 2008

--

So I thought as we aren't decided whether its Season 2 or Season 3 that Volume 3 is gonna retun with why not open a new thread and what better then some gossip from the Jules Verne 2007 Festival where they showed a preview of Villains and heres what went down...

SYLAR, and lots of him. It's hard to describe exactly what we were shown--most of it must have been a dream sequence or future-jump scenario because everyone was dead. The bodies of the main cast were littered around what looked like a trashed Company prison. I can only remember Claire (dressed as a cheerleader) and Matt's bodies clearly, but it was pretty grotesque (yay! Not a lot of that this season).

Apparently there will be the equivalent of "Seven Twelve Sylars running around." It sounds like seven killers with abilities, locked up by The Company, have escaped. The only one prominently featured was a lithe black man who seemed to have preternatural speed--and used that to rip a cop's heart out of his chest (or did something with it that killed the guy because he was very much dead afterwards). If I remember correctly all the other killers were just shadows in the asylum's hallway. IMO it looks like Sylar may be the one to break these people out, since he is seen killing at least three people for their abilities... but perhaps he does so unintentionally, who knows. The "Seven Twelve Sylars" line is directly from the trailer and I don't think he'd invite that kind of competition. He probably breaks into the Company building wanting revenge and discovers they have a bunch of special people locked up... hey, buffet!

It appears Sylar is caught by the Company again (he was tied down with a tube going into his nose). He's seen verbally toying with Elle while he's laying on a table as well as when he's upright and dressed normally, though the context was all over the place so who knows which comes first. They have a confrontation. The way it was edited implied--to me, at least--that he kills her, but that could have been within the context of the dream sequence/time-jump. Probably so.

The BEST part was a a shot of Angela Petrelli in the asylum... and then hands coming up around her shoulders. The person behind her steps forward, and it's Sylar. Some of the other peeps in my party were taking that as confirmation that she's Teh Ev0l, but I figure that could just as well be her last minutes alive. There was an awful lot of her in the trailer too, actually, but she didn't look pleased by what was going on.

To see a bit of that for yourself heres a link.

OMG WTF Sylar and Angela Petrelli!!!

Edited by Rappy

wow, it was hard to make anything out.

but how do they have anything even made? I thought the WGA strike had postponed their filming?

No they started filming more episodes before the strike they didn't have a full episode to show so they just took clips from part completed episodes it would seem plus why start Volume 3 when its gonna interrupted.

The link is in french. :s

The text is the video isn't I don't think...

Another rundown from the episode...

First off: This was thrown together very quickly by Tim and Jeph and snuck out of the studio--supposedly. We were told no video tape or pictures but they say we couldn't talk about it. So, hoping I won't get killed for this..

Heroes Clips: THEY WERE AWWWESOMMMMME! Big Big Action!

A bunch of clips--I believe--from the next episode (or next couple). We were shown the clips only once and they were fast and furious.

The Wrath of Sylar"Villians" Heroes vol 3

It doesn't appear to be a Legion of Doom (at the moment) so much as Sylar unleashing HELL! He frees all other Sylar-like lunatics upon the world. A beaten up HRG says, "Its like having twelve SYLARS lose in the world!" (For my fellow comics geeks, its like Joker opening up all the dungeons of Arkham Asylum and saying "Go play!")

The halls of the Company looks ravaged and ripped apart (not blown up). The suggestion is utter chaos!

Lookout Mama Petrelli! (who looks like she's taken the reigns there) and Elle appear to be the main targets (both could survive) and, Sylar seemed to be taking particularly bloody enjoyment in punishing Elle.

Matt is also at the Company and I don't know if he is killed or injured, but he doesn't look at all well.

I think we saw the "Knox" character punch his arm through a Police Car and into a cop's face and through his chest.

I don't remeember seeing Adam or Maya or any of the other characters not all ready mentioned.

There are some truly "Hellraiser" like moments in the trailer I saw.

I hope others who were there last night will post to fill in what I can't remember. I'll PM them later.

By reading some of the post in the livejournal post I remembered some things.

I don't know if any of it is a dream sequence.

Sylar was at one point strapped down on a table.

But later Elle was later the one flat on her back, clearly being tortured by Sylar:

dialogue:

Sylar:...of course, I'm a psychopathic killer.

Elle: It takes one to know one.

The last shot is Sylar coming up behind Angela Petrelli

I don't remember seeing bodies of the main cast all over the place as another poster posted.

I do remember a silohuettes of either Heroes (one looked like Claire, one like Niki) or Villians

Heroes is pretty inconsistent in its style: Season 1 had two color palettes (blue for NY, gold for Texas) that were pretty distinct. Season 2 had a normal-like palette. This trailer was pretty dark, but promising.

Word Ballon has this great interview with Jeff Loeb and Jesse Alexander. It's funny and informative and not really spoilers, but great insite and I agree (So far) in all they have said.

Here is what Jesse said about Angela's power:

"Angela?s power has been established in the show and it?s there?s for hardcore people if they were to look at the show and look at peter and think about him and what he can do and they could probably figure out what Angela?s power might be."

Quote - Word Ballon

Word Ballon has this great interview with Jeff Loeb and Jesse Alexander. It's funny and informative and not really spoilers, but great insite and I agree (So far) in all they have said.

Here is what Jesse said about Angela's power:

"Angela?s power has been established in the show and it?s there?s for hardcore people if they were to look at the show and look at peter and think about him and what he can do and they could probably figure out what Angela?s power might be."uot;

Why would we have to guess when they should have shown it already. I doubt her power is the same as Peter's.

Sunday - for some reason I don't think a movie would be the best idea for it at the moment, mabey after more series but the now would suck and ruin it a bit.

Rappy. Exactly what I thought :p