72 processes :O!

I have 93 running processes right now and everything is working peachy. :)

I honestly don't know how you could deal with that, i can notice between 40 and 50 processes running and there is a difference, startup must take ages!

David.

So does Vista actually have individual task manager entries for everything running?

(whereas XP lumps .dlls into a bunch of svchost.exe's)

[edit] ^ I see. nevermind.

Vista does still lump all the networking services into svchost.exe, that top one with 170k of memory annoys me ...

David.

I honestly don't know how you could deal with that, i can notice between 40 and 50 processes running and there is a difference, startup must take ages!

David.

Dunno, but my PC runs just fine. I even have Visual SourceSafe and SQL Server running.

I got win2k down to like 20-something processes using 40mb of ram. (yes you read that RIGHT)

XP's not too bad, ~35 for an average and about 120mb of ram at a default load, depending on.

Drop Vista and goto XP if you want to be a more lean and fast with that pc ;)

Hmm welll each to there own :)

Just when i do benchmarks, such as Super PI, if i have everything running (~60 services). It takes about 16 seconds to complete 1 million but if i have it to what i need its just 14 seconds.

David.

well outa 4gigs of ram

the 72 uses 30% of it on boot

boot is really fast tho..like..less than a min

never any slowdowns or anythin on this system

but ws wondering..i went thru my services already tho and deleted a bunch..i might go thru the list and google search some of it and find out what some of it is

i bet most of it is drivers/stuff related to my software

71 here... its very normal

i could reduce it to 8... but i some of them are useful (except the bonjour service... i know i don't need it, but adobe cs3 tells me it does)