PS3 2.10 Tomorrow

DivX OMG. I'll reinstall that cool app to transform my Mac in a streaming media server and I'll probably swear less this time around with DivX being supported :)

TVersity has me swearing a lot. Although it's gotten better with the latest patch. I'll still be needing TVersity for those formats that aren't going to play natively ;)

Although further digging has given me info that 3.11 is more of a "hacked" version, and was only used by pirates... any truth there? So maybe the PS3 does support 3.xx, but just not 3.11.

You're right on this one mate. DivX 3.11 was at the start a hax0red version of the asf file format which allowed higher bitrate when encoding your video .

You're right on this one mate. DivX 3.11 was at the start a hax0red version of the asf file format which allowed higher bitrate when encoding your video .

Explains why it isn't supported then :laugh:

It would downright be "condoning" piracy...

just had a look on the eu playstation site and cant see it mentioned, does the ps3 support bd+ bluray's?

Yes it does. FF4:RotSS and The day after tomorrow are BD+ titles and I never heard of any problems with them on the PS3.

Awesome :) just in time too! (just got my PS3 yesterday and updated it to 2.01..now I get to update it again to 2.10 tomorrow :p) still is good, be able to watch my DivX videos on both the 360 and PS3 now, great! :happy:

when are the rolling out the ingame XMB and custom soundtracks feature?

I am really starting to get tired of waiting around for it. It was supposed to come out firmware 2.00 but i let it go since they really wanted to upgrade some fixes and stuff, but now their adding new features and ignoring the ones the started before hand.

when are the rolling out the ingame XMB and custom soundtracks feature?

I am really starting to get tired of waiting around for it. It was supposed to come out firmware 2.00 but i let it go since they really wanted to upgrade some fixes and stuff, but now their adding new features and ignoring the ones the started before hand.

in-game xmb wasn't really supposed to come out with 2.0. all of those lists saying that it would come were fake, and sony never said that it was gonna be in 2.0. that said, eric lempel, the psn guy just recently said that they know that users are asking for it, and they are working on getting it out.

I feel that in game XMB is over kill, I really only care about friends and network (for download progress) sections , I think their technical problems with in game XMB is getting the other stuff to work without killing game performance.

Having Divx (and I presume Xvid) is brilliant for the PS3.

had a scare...almost thought the update killed my system...

went back to the PS3 input on my TV and the update was done and it said something like "cannot open, incorrect harddisk found"

i was like wtf? went up to the PS3 and rebooted and it seems to be fine...checked the system info and it says 2.10 so i guess everything's ok...

*i upgraded the HDD myself so i thought maybe this update didn't like that or something

Edited by Am_I_Evil

Looks like xvid is working :D. I attached an external harddrive and was able to play some xvid files from it. It says its a Divx file in the XMB but hey it works :).

PSP was also updated to ver. 3.80

This is what it says before installing:

This update includes the following changes:

- [internet Radio] has been added as a feature under [Network]

- The importing of channels in OPML format is now supported under [RSS Channel].

- Photos can now be displayed under [RSS Channel].

- New effects have been added to the visual player under [Music].

For detailed information including limitations of usage, visit the PSPtm Web site for your region.

This is sweet!!!!

Now I can watch my anime anywhere in the house (the tv 360 is on, the tv ps3 is on, and the computer the files are on it self... this is great!!!)

I really don't care about the 2GB limit... I've never made a DivX file over 800mb so not a problem.

Now they can finnally bring out The Matrix on blu-ray, they said they wanted the features of 1.1 before they would, so now that most blu-ray players can play Profile 1.1 movies it's time for them to release it!

Yup Xvid works and u can still use TVersity just go to the settings and turn the "When to transcode?" to "Never" that way it will just send over the video on the fly and will not convert it :) and u can fast forward rewind etc :)

Yup Xvid works and u can still use TVersity just go to the settings and turn the "When to transcode?" to "Never" that way it will just send over the video on the fly and will not convert it :) and u can fast forward rewind etc :)

:yes:

Watching Heima just now! (Sigur Ros DVD)

Quality is great, and I love the fact the PS3 automatically upscales and resizes your video :) (360 starts in original ratio which means the video is tiny :p - is there a way to automatically tell the 360 what to do?)

I also tested the "copy to hard drive" feature and it works as normal - Copies the AVI file from your PC to your PS3 hard drive.

Edited by Audioboxer

DivX OMG. I'll reinstall that cool app to transform my Mac in a streaming media server and I'll probably swear less this time around with DivX being supported :)

What app is that for the mac? I have tversity installed on my PC, but my flatmate has a lot of stuff on his mac that we want to stream but don't know what to use?

I can never get the streaming to work 100%. There's always some stuttering as it streams wirelessly. I don't understand it either since the signal strength on both sources is close to 90% and there's nothing else on the network using bandwidth. WHY!!!!!!!! I need an external HD. Or just copy to PS3......but that takes time too.

I can never get the streaming to work 100%. There's always some stuttering as it streams wirelessly. I don't understand it either since the signal strength on both sources is close to 90% and there's nothing else on the network using bandwidth. WHY!!!!!!!! I need an external HD. Or just copy to PS3......but that takes time too.

Do you have a G or B network? Router? PC specifications? One of these could be the cause. No stuttering here with my wireless G network and Duo notebook.