[Football] Winter Transfer Thread 2008

I just reminded myself that this thread needs to be made again so if your team are making any transfers then post them here and discuss them!

So far Man Utd have confirmed Angolan International Manucho while Spurs are in talks with Cardiff for Gunter, more will follow I am sure!

Edited by Rappy

Chelsea will be active, they need a striker, i don't think Sheva up front on his own will assist them in winning the league. Arsenal won't need to buy anyone, they have got quality in depth. The performance by team on tuesday against blackburn will prove that. I've heard liverpool are after David Villa. I wouldn't be surprised if Crouch is sold/loaned out to someone like Villa or Newcastle. I think players will only come into Liverpool if some are sold. Although i would love to see Ronaldinho in the premiership i don't think will happen until the summer.

Even though I support Man United, I live in Leicester and we are in a real spot of bother at the moment. We really need some decent players to somehow get us out of the relegation zone. A 30,000 capacity stadium deserves better than the Coke League 1.

Heard we might be in with David Connolly and Graham Kavanagh.

• 3 weeks later...

Anelka seems to moving AGAIN!...you know if he moves for the rumoured ?15m he would of racked up over 80m of transfers more then any other player.

Looks like pompey could get Lassana Diarra.

I've also heard stuff about Defoe being allowed to go out on loan. ?This would be nice as he could be a sure starter alongside Bejanni or Kanu.

True but it this is Harry who has brought him. I had doubts when he brought in Papa Diop. He seems to be doing good for us.

Nugent still looks weak and needs a lot of work to be premiership size. Hopefully we'll find another striker.

a central mid would be good for the reds, but i am hoping for another mid fielder, we haven't really been able to replace garcia since we lost him. Going from vironin, benayoun, sissoko and god knows who else is getting kinda old.

Matty Taylor has gone to Bolton :s He was a fan favorite alongside Gary O'Neil. Shame both of them have gone as they are good players.

I miss Gary O'Neil as when playing right wing he could do that running and also help the defence out. But with him gone, we're finding Glen Johnson most of the time acting as right winger and then cutting into the outside of the box!

With Matty Taylor, you will get a left sided player who will play left back and left wing with no problems. Also got a good boot on him!

Shame he wanted first team football, as a player no one had any problems with him. It's just that Niko was being very productive which is helping pomepy tons. Next we need another striker and an attacking midfielder.

All kicking off at Pompey I hear.

The players aren't happy with Diarra coming straight in on ?50,000 a week, making him one of the top earners.

Probably angry because he isn't even a proven player.

I agree - Vidic is on ?50,000 a week at Man Utd and he is a far better player.

I saw this rumour about Diarra getting more money. It was in the local rag.

To be honest, Tony and Harry will take him down a peg or two. Recently I heard someone say he's won't be going anywhere far. He's already been at Chelsea and Arsenal. So a mid team/wanna be ufea cupers, suit him. The only people that would come in for him later on is Newcastle(!!!), they tried to lure him already.

He is a big head.

Wenger liked him and wanted to keep him, but Diarra wanted to play every week.

Can't really complain about that - but the stepping stone comment was stupid.

Liverpool are set to let Javier Mascherano slip through their fingers. The Argentina midfielder is closing in on a move to Juventus after admitting that he was flattered by the interest.

The Anfield club have stalled over finding the ?17million needed to make the former West Ham misfit's loan deal permanent and Juventus are ready to open negotiations over a summer move.

Mascherano, who will become the first casualty of Anfield's boardroom disharmony, said: "I would love to stay here (in Liverpool). I have tried and I've adapted to the city very well."

"But the clubs that are talking are also important and I would like to go," the 23-year-old told an Argentinian radio station.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez is keen to hold on to the former West Ham midfielder, whose loan from Kia Joorabchian's MSI runs out in the summer. But Benitez has been unable to secure funding from the club's American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, and Mascherano's agent Walter Tamer this week cleared the way for a move.

"Liverpool have not made any offer at all to buy Javier and it is likely that he will go to Italy next season," said Tamer.

AC Milan are also interested. Wherever he ends up, he is set to miss most of August after emerging as a surprise contender to represent Argentina at the Olympics.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rafa leaves, I think he is getting fed up and may just want to end it all.

Portsmouth could be getting Baros on loan. Not really sure what to make of this, he is bit of a pain in the arse.

Also why has derby brought in Robert? He is another pain in the arse.

Derby will take any freebies they can!

Seems West Ham won't sign anyone which disappoints me more then anything because I feel we need one or 2.