NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2 pics, specs leaked

How the hell can you see through my moni... oh the card, right. :shiftyninja:

lol...

How much does the 8800gt (512mb ofc) cost in the us now? the lowest ive seen it for in the UK its ?145 which i think is a rip off since it was supposed to be ?130 wasnt it?...

Anyway, i could never hope to get a card this powerfu:p:p I havent got enough money for anything after getting the 8800gt (food etc...)

lol...

How much does the 8800gt (512mb ofc) cost in the us now? the lowest ive seen it for in the UK its ?145 which i think is a rip off since it was supposed to be ?130 wasnt it?...

Anyway, i could never hope to get a card this powerfu:p:p I havent got enough money for anything after getting the 8800gt (food etc...)

In the U.S ive seen it at $250

Does anyone know how many different versions of the card will be made. like Ultra, GTX, GT, GTS? Either way it will be an amazing card. Cant wait to get one!!:woot:t:

Considering how old the 8800GTX and Ultra are I'd say it's an extremly disapointing increase, especially given that this is an SLI'd card. I think it bodes very badly for the 9800GTX and the top end graphics card in general that after such a long period the only increase on the current top cards which are over a year old is to wack two in sli and sell it that way. I'm pretty sure I've read that the GTX can be overclocked to near Ultra levels, which makes it seem pretty pathetic that a 2008 card IN SLI is only 30% faster than a card from 2006.

Intel cannot get into the graphics market in a serious way soon enough. AMD/ATI have been on the back burner and to me it seems like NVidia is content to just rehash the 8800 lineup for the time being. Crysis already stomps all over their cards and I'm not convinced the new one's will do alot better, especially on higher res displays.

Considering how old the 8800GTX and Ultra are I'd say it's an extremly disapointing increase, especially given that this is an SLI'd card. I think it bodes very badly for the 9800GTX and the top end graphics card in general that after such a long period the only increase on the current top cards which are over a year old is to wack two in sli and sell it that way. I'm pretty sure I've read that the GTX can be overclocked to near Ultra levels, which makes it seem pretty pathetic that a 2008 card IN SLI is only 30% faster than a card from 2006.

But when the only competition's top card doesn't beat your middle-range card, what's the rush to bring out a new card eh?

But when the only competition's top card doesn't beat your middle-range card, what's the rush to bring out a new card eh?
Well if your new cards aren't offering anything over your last gen, who's going to be upgrading?

I firmly believe that those people that currently own a GTX/Ultra are the very same customers that would buy a new top end card if they hit the market now. As it is, I can't see many customers upgradind unless they are on 2+ year old cards. All in all, they have lost sales to customers who no longer will bother upgrading.

I also don't think AMD is that far behind that NVidia can sit on their back too long, especially if these are the measly gains they are going to offer over a 18 month period.

Intel cannot get into the graphics market in a serious way soon enough. AMD/ATI have been on the back burner and to me it seems like NVidia is content to just rehash the 8800 lineup for the time being. Crysis already stomps all over their cards and I'm not convinced the new one's will do alot better, especially on higher res displays.

That pretty much sums it up. 2 years and the best they can do is a mere 30% faster than the top card of the previous generation. Hopefully ATi will have something decent in 2009.

It's like we're seeing the results of the beginning GPU inbreeding due to lack of competition.

Nvidia are slacking. As someone who's a huge graphics whoar with a clocked up 8800GTX, I was rather pleased to hear about a 9 series january launch. And now they go and do this. I'm not willing to shell out what would undoubtedly be a large sum of money for only 30% improvement, and the thing is still huge, possibly even a little more voluminous by the looks of the 'box' extending to cover the whole card.

The way I see it, Nvidia being #1 via no competition seems to also have resulted in Nvidia failing.

Le sigh.

Crysis at Very High at 1280x1024 at 60 FPS... hopefully :p

A whole 12x10 screen format, wow thats so old school resolution. Mind u suppose it beats buying 2x GTS or whatever for the same price.

I dont see why people think the 7950 GX2 was such a failure. I have had no problems with mine.

Watch this not be the 9800 but be an 8900. that to me seems a little more plausible for a 30% increase.

I realy hope that it's a typo error and what they meant to say is a 9800GX2 is 30% faster than 2 x 8800 Ultra in SLI.

Even that would be a let down.... Being only 30% faster than a 2yo card...

Two 65nm GPUs and it's only 30% better than the 8800 Ultra, wow. I guess it's 7950 GX2 all over again. Oh and this card certainly won't run Crysis at 60fps/1280x1024. Also, ATi will not be releasing a new GPU architecture this year so if this is NVIDIA's top dog card then we have no alternative.

I think it should. Check out these results, some users got 60fps using SLI/Crossfire http://www.marc2003.ukfsn.org/ocuk/crysis/results.php I get around 47fps with only one 8800GT @ 1280x1024 0AA all high.

A whole 12x10 screen format, wow thats so old school resolution. Mind u suppose it beats buying 2x GTS or whatever for the same price.

We don't all have widescreen monitors and/or monitors over 17". Some of us can't afford it yet, don't be an eejit.

- did anyone notice this? i'd have thought it'd be much faster

30% is a huge gain considering the difference between the 8800 GT and GTX is minimal at best...maybe 5% or thereabouts.

What's the price on that going to be? Maybe it's time I got myself an 8800 once these come out. *Prays for price drop*

What's the price on that going to be? Maybe it's time I got myself an 8800 once these come out. *Prays for price drop*

Lol, I'll sell you my 8800GTS. So I can get one of these. I want a new heater, my 8800GT is no good at doing so :(

The 8800 GT is cheap and is the best performing cards for it's price-range. In fact, it's one of the best performing cards at the moment full stop.

The 8800 GT is cheap and is the best performing cards for it's price-range. In fact, it's one of the best performing cards at the moment full stop.

Cheap..yes.. but not in Australia :(

We don't all have widescreen monitors and/or monitors over 17". Some of us can't afford it yet, don't be an eejit.

If you cant afford a monitor that size, how can you afford a card that expensive? :whistle: