Who here has a speeding ticket?

Well I have only gotten one in my 2 years of driving. Got one 2 weeks ago, I was doing 77 in 60mph at a local freeway merging.

The cop (state patrol) was sitting on the shoulder of the freeway and it was too late when I saw him. Too bad I didn't scan in my ticket before filling it out and putting it in the mailbox.

The cop didn't even bother for a speech that teenagers usually get. He just gave me the ticket and said something like "this doesn't mean your guilty." that was it...

So how many speeding tickets have you had, how were you treated and of course how did you battle it (if you went to court at all)

Yvo

1) coming back at lunch in HS and cop lasered me, i wasn't paying attention or i would have seen him. 40 in 25.... he dropped it down to 35

2) highway to my home, 77 in 55..... it was dark out and i WAS going over 100 but saw headlights coming but couldn't slow down in time.. that one cost me big time... i don't speed anymore....

Around x-mas time.. got a $190.00 ticket for going 90 in a 70 highway... i was on a way to a party, music was loud.. and i was on the phone or else i would've noticed.. stupid money desperate f*ckers.. the X5 infront of me was doing atleast 110 but she said he was only doing 85 [stupid abs brakes]..she knew if she chased, she couldnt have caught him.. the cop was on the otherside of the highway.. cut across 4 lanes and a median to get me....... !!@!#@!#

got pulled over once with my permit, alone... [i.e. no one over 21 in nearest seat]... the cop was damn cool.. he was just like "go straight home and dont do it again"

I received a parking ticket once. Doesn't sound bad, but I was living on base as a military dependent at the time, so instead of ME getting in trouble, my FATHER got in a huge amount of trouble, and it went down on his military records.

boy did i get in trouble for that! lol

Myself? personally no.. but I will bet you'll see one once i get my license.

Mom I believe has in her (old) Dodge Stealth doing 105 on the way to her mom and dads with me in the car. I didn't know it at the time.. way to young.

Brother has three times in his SUV! Stupid thing, they don't even look good speeding ;)

Yep, where do I begin...?

My first one (LOL) I was pulled over on Christamas Eve at night in the rain. I had had my stereo on pretty loud, so I only saw the officer when he was next to me on a two lane road. I pulled over and he asked me how fast I was going. I was in a 45 at that point so I said 50, thinking he couldn't write a ticket. He wrote the ticket for 50 in a 25. I didn't know I could have easily challenged that and didn't.

Since, I have taken all except one last year I should've. Which was for the van cam ticket. Everyone who had taken it to court got it dropped. That really sucked.

Take every ticket to court. Fight them, even if you are wrong. It is worth it. Most of em I have gotten out of.

I just got my first and hopefully last ticket Sunday night. I was at a LAN Party, and a friend of mine kept buggin' me to take his to Burger King.. Since I had nothing to do, I figured I'd take him..

Burger King was closed, so he wanted to goto Mc Donalds which was about a mile away, so we went. Since I just wanted to get back to play some games and whatnot, I got stupid and did 60mph in a 35 zone. Of course this was at 10:30pm and I was one of the only cars on the road.. When the cop that was goin' the opposite direction turned around, I noticed it in my mirror. Before he even turned his lights on, I thought 'Oh crap, I'm busted..'

in 8 years of having my license I've only been pulled over once. And even then all I got was a warning. 37 in a 25. Funny thing is, this is a 4 lane highway, and during the day everyone goes at least 40. It was 1am and basically no one around and if you actually go 25 it feels like you're going 5... seriously, its one of those roads where it was obviously intended for at least 45. But, yeah, just excuses hehe. Seriously though I am lucky because I do normally speed. In fact, I got back today from a road trip to Denver, Colorado (US obviously), on the way, my speeds were 65 in 55, 75 in 65, and 80 in 75 and in on the way home in Iowa it was night, and I was going 75, and the car behind me was going the same speed too and was with me for at least 15 minutes... well... then comes this car passing both of us that would have to be going at least 85 to pass us so quickly... hehe, it turns out that guy behind me was a cop. It was shaging funny as hell to see. That's what I mean by saying I'm lucky :)

i have not gotten a ticket.. but got warnings.. 3 actually.. still wonder why i did not get tickets.. lol i dont mind though..

but being in about 6+ accidents pretty much makes up for it.. 3 times totaled.. lol :p

1. 80 in a 65 - I was the slowest of a long line of cars hauling ass moving North I-95 in Virginia. Anyone living in Northern VA/D.C. knows that everyone goes at least 80-85 on I-95. That's what I get for having a CRX and I didn't even get a warning!

2. 90 in a 55 - I was really wanting to get home to VA from TN and it wasn't even a construction zone when he clocked me. Actually the construction zone was behind the hill I was going around. Oh well, no excuse for me going 90 when the rest is 70. Haven't gotten another one since. Most likely because I stopped going so fast. I like going either the speed limit and letting everyone fly past me while I cruise carefree down the road or go 5 over.

Best part is my parents both said "that sucks, that's what you get for getting a sports car and being a young male."

Havn't gotten pulled over in the 9 mo. of driving

I like to go 80...85 in 65 zones....50 in 30...30 in 15 etc.

Some tips are to drive in the right lane, and try and have a car going the same speed you're going in front and back of you...he can't pull all three over and your best bet is in the middle. I've seen cars going the same speed as I get pulled over but I was in the right lane.

Always scan in front and in back, keep aware of where the cops are, and when you see one do not slam the brakes, just ease off the gas and get into the furthest right lane.

Bottem of hills are THE place to actually go the speed limit.

Deserted streets in mid-day are THE place to race and speed.

I was going 100-105 in a 70 zone in my dads ack ledge while he was sleeping, and my bro got a picture...i woulda pushed it to 120+ if he told me he was gonna take the pic.

I've gotten several, but the worst one was the one I got on the Pennsylvania turnpike - my mom was with me. :angry:

I did get a warning after getting pulled over for speeding. The policeman took one look at me and said I looked horrible. I said I had a sinus infection from hell and he said to get home and get better soon.

:D:D:D:D:D

anita, recovering from her latest sinus infection

Havn't gotten pulled over in the 9 mo. of driving

I like to go 80...85 in 65 zones....50 in 30...30 in 15 etc.

he can't pull all three over and your best bet is in the middle. I've seen cars going the same speed as I get pulled over but I was in the right lane.

You will get caught I promise. Going over 25 over is reckless endangerment and they can take you to jail, and impound the car. Stop being stupid.

I've had 2 speeding tickets for 23 over both times before i finally learned my lesson, and I followed all of your *ahem* "tips". Keep it up and you'll probably kill yourself or someone else, and almost certainly end up with tickets.

BTW, a cop CAN pull over multiple cars. They have no problem doing this and it is rather easy. They simply pull alongside and make everyone stop. I've seen it done, and its not pretty and actually rather affective from their POV. Don't be nieve, it can and has happened thousands of times.

No tickets for me :yes:

I never speed in built up areas. I don't think I could live with my self if I killed a kid just because I wanted to get somewhere 2 mins earlier.

But I do do a bit over the limit on faster roads & motorways.

I'm driving an interstate in Virginia at night, and a car comes behind me and flashes his hi-beams. I couldn't get over to the right because of a truck, so I do what most would do, I sped up tp pass the truck, then moved over for the car flashing his hi-beams behind me.

Turns out, it was a cop, and when I sped up, he gave me a speeding ticket :crazy:

Got caught December 2001 on my way to play soccer.

Joined a dual carriageway (70mph limit) somebody idiot decided to tailgate me so i floored my car, didnt see the unmarked police car behind the tailgater until i pulled off the carriageway.

Police came to my house, read me my rights, showed me a video of me doing 111 mph and advised me to get a solicitor.

Last I ever heard :D . The statute of limitations is 6 months for speeding so i got away with it.