Who here has a speeding ticket?

There is an easy way to avoid all tickets...as a rule, no matter what the speed limit is, don't drive more than 9 mph above it. I think the saying goes "9 is fine; 10 you're mine" Most cops start the tickets @ 10mph and over - think about it - you've probably never heard of someone getting a ticket for anything less than 10 or 11mph over the limit. Set your cruise to 74 for 65 or 64 for 55 on the highway and try to stay @ 44 in the city. You aren't exactly flying @ those speeds but it's safe and you are able to drive over limit w/out really worrying. Stick to these guidelines and you should be good to go.

That's not really true in all places. My friend received two tickets in two different places in NC, doing 37 in a 30 and 45 in a 40. Both cops were state troopers and according to him, were major jacka**es. They were probably trying to get their quotas for the month, though.

for summer 2002 I rode my motorcycle with my buddys... and I don't know HOW many times I broke the law! I mean racing down the highway at 220km/h, pulling second gear wheelies on streets (99.9% empty) and I didn't get cought once!

but this cop cought me doing an "improper right turn" the *cough* was on a motorcycle him self... what an arse. anyhow I showed up in court and he didn't :woot: :laugh: :D yeah for me :p

I have to pipe it down for this summer or I'm gonna end up like a happy meal from McD's

woah..!!!

america is very strict on speeding..u should see the uk roads...we dont have many patrol units on roads but we have speed cameras...and i know exactly where they are on all the routes i take..so i'm like speeding between the cameras..and slow down near the cameras...i once done over 130mph on a motorway where the limit is only 70mph...

woohoooo....boy does speeding fell good.... :cool: :p

anyway..i havent had any speeding tickets..but my friend once had a parking ticket..parking on a double yellow in birmingham.. :whistle: ...he was fined ?30...but he wrote a legal letter saying he wasnt parked on a double yellow..he took a photo of the road..where the double yellow ends..lol :laugh:: and sent that to the trafiic warden department..and then they said they were sorry...:jump::