Paramount in HD DVD blow

Well, any Microsoft EULA is just as stupid as the PS3's one. Doesn't vista's EULA grant them the right to monitor the apps installed or something? (the wording suggests that, although I guess their goal is to block anything that pirates windows).

Just because it's there in the eula doesn't mean they do it. If we had to take vista's EULA word-by-word, it would be pretty much the same.

Gmail also reads your e-mails!!! They read every single word of every email to display adwords accordingly.

Sounds more like they want to improve the PS3 based on info they get from user PS3s

Like the support for Epson printer all of a sudden - network devices, preipherals

But do you really care if they collect these kinda info? :huh:

indeed, qft.

just about any online service monitors your activities.

and who the hell are you to tell him what he should post and what not to post?

Careful, lets not let this degenerate like it usually does...

The PS3 thing only seems to look for devices on your network, it doesn't mention that it scans the stuff on them so it doesn't send information about your image/movie collection to Sony

Sounds more like they want to improve the PS3 based on info they get from user PS3s

Like the support for Epson printer all of a sudden - network devices, preipherals

But do you really care if they collect these kinda info? :huh:

Yeah, I shoudn't care about what a company already known for installing rootkits and similar to take a look at all the devices I network with from my PS3, all devices I can hook up to it. It's absolutely ridiculous, complete disregard of consumers privacy.

Not only that, but in case you have something as many people actually do that might be construed as illegal they can actually raise a legal case against you as they have the information.

No big deal at all, I'm sure that's all important to improve Sony's service.

Yeah, I shoudn't care about what a company already known for installing rootkits and similar to take a look at all the devices I network with from my PS3, all devices I can hook up to it. It's absolutely ridiculous, complete disregard of consumers privacy.

are you forgetting WGA's phoning home, even though it weren't supposed to?

this could be big. almost deserves a thread of its own.

Eh, I think 50 Blu-Ray/HD DVD topics are enough. :laugh:

This one's (topic's) close enough to that anyway. Just more rumors, and still the same rumors.

this could be big. almost deserves a thread of its own.

It will when it is confirmed. It will probably have 10. Boz telling us how much money they supposedly got, why it wasn't a good decision, how hd-dvd is superior, why blu is too expensive, etc.

But on a more serious note, I hope this is true. If this happens, the HDM war is officially over for now. Mass adoption will finally take root as there will only be one format and we can all argue about something else :)

Then pull out the ethernet cord? :huh:

Voil?, nothings gets in - nothing gets out

No one is forcing you:pp

HA HA HA.. you people are simply unbelievable...

rumours don't normally come from nothing, whether the details are correct is irrelevant, it means there is SOMETHING going on!

judging by many of your previous posts I would reconsider what you said.

HA HA HA.. you people are simply unbelievable...

What and your not? With your rumours weeks ago about warner going HD-DVD and then later on about the $500 million (Which I believe myself before you start)? You seem quite happy to believe rumours and "inside" sources when it suits you.

You are as bad as us.

Paramount has said they are commited to HD DVD. That's factual and info we all know. They might have an exit clause and speculating they will use it is FUD.

Exactly. I don't know why there are 10 more pages of posts after this one, it sums it all perfectly. For all of you who think HDDVD is dead: keep dreaming. They have only 30% of the market now? even if that was to stay like this, I'm sorry but I'll stick to the idea of a dual-format player, I don't want to be prevented from seeing one movie over 3.

Exactly. I don't know why there are 10 more pages of posts after this one, it sums it all perfectly. For all of you who think HDDVD is dead: keep dreaming. They have only 30% of the market now? even if that was to stay like this, I'm sorry but I'll stick to the idea of a dual-format player, I don't want to be prevented from seeing one movie over 3.
very unlikely though. each studio wants larger pieces of the pie, they are more likely to go with the format with the largest userbase to increase potential sales, as soon as thats happens others follow, as the particular formats market increases and the alternate decreases.

I mean that in general, not just HD v BD

If they only have 30% of the market [for movies], don't you think it would create a shift in stand alone sales [since the majority of titles would NOT be available on HD-DVD]? Either way, I don't think I'll re-purchase my HD-DVD titles anytime soon. A trade-in would be nice, but I don't see it happening [if and when Paramount/Dreamworks or Universal go neutral].

Not only that, but in case you have something as many people actually do that might be construed as illegal they can actually raise a legal case against you as they have the information.

No big deal at all, I'm sure that's all important to improve Sony's service.

:| Really? Sony can see everything I have on my PS3 HDD?