Fringe - Season One

We've just been sent the ratings from last nights episode.

Airing from 8-9:35 p.m., "Fringe" averaged about 9 million viewers and a 3.2 rating/9 share in adults 18-49, according to prelim Nielsens.

Not a bad start and next week they have the premiere of House as a lead-in which should help boost numbers.

Just watched the Pilot...OMG what an amazing show its probably the only tv show that hasn't made me stop and check my emails half way through. Anna Torv is very pretty and she did a great performance so did Joshua Jackson I thought where for once I didn't see him as Pacey from DC.

Can't Wait for next week!

p/s Creepy Abaddon was....weird.

This season on fringe promo

Just watched the Pilot. And DAMN, I didn't know what to expect going into it, mainly because I never watched the leaked pilot, and hadn't seen many commercials or anything. But wow, I was really impressed with this. Definitely going to be added to my 'list of shows' to watch this season.

How different is the pilot from the leaked one?

No idea but as I said before those leaked ones are missing scenes and effects so you will need someone who saw the leak and saw the ep to comment.

Great show! It is like Lost, CSI and X-files mixed into one. The company sounds like it is like the one in Lost...but much, much worse! When the show started on the airplane, I was like, "wtf another lost?". haha

I do think people that can't usually follow shows that you have to pay attention to every word will be able to watch this though. That is what kills most of the good shows because most people can't follow them. Shut the heck up during the show and you will be able to understand it.

Saw the pilot and was very impressed, definitely going to be one of my top favorite shows.

Only thing that bugged me which was really nothing special was the over use of the floating 3D text... It's got a bit of "film wobble" (don't know what else to call it) which gives it such a fake feel to it. I believe Heroes does something like it but it's more subtle and not over used, and there is no "wobble". Someone needs to tell them to lay off it a little.

And by the way, I want to kill comcast and their piece of crap DVRs. I recorded the show in HD and the freakin audio skipped every 5-10 seconds through the entire length of the show. Happens on lost and prison break as well. I record other shows in HD without a problem.

I didn't like the pilot... 6/10

The black dude can't act when he has more than one lines. He was better on LOST since he had only a few :D The white chick just sucks. At some points it looked like she forgot her lines when you start looking at her face.

Although, I will watch episode 2. Hoping a stronger introduction is made...

How awesome of them. :rolleyes:

Oh forgive me for thinking posting an opinion. I'm just curious as to why you thought the acting was so horrible, yet others thought it was "top-notch".

You do realize that this is a forum where people debate things, discuss things, talking, right? Or is that forbidden?

Oh forgive me for thinking posting an opinion.
I accept your apology.
I'm just curious as to why you thought the acting was so horrible, yet others thought it was "top-notch".
I already explained it above.
You do realize that this is a forum where people debate things, discuss things, talking, right? Or is that forbidden?
I stated my opinion. Then you came from your high horse and stated the other people and critics liked it so I wasn't allowed to have a negative review on the pilot. At least that's the way I saw it. So please, don't even bother trying to stir things up.

Something I loved about the first episode and its stupid I know is the titles of the places that would float over something and look like they were there I know it sounds stupid but its better then the plain text :p

Saw the pilot and was very impressed, definitely going to be one of my top favorite shows.

Only thing that bugged me which was really nothing special was the over use of the floating 3D text... It's got a bit of "film wobble" (don't know what else to call it) which gives it such a fake feel to it. I believe Heroes does something like it but it's more subtle and not over used, and there is no "wobble". Someone needs to tell them to lay off it a little.

I actually really LOVED that. I thought that was a better way of feeding you information as opposed to the text at the bottom of the screen .. or the text that is "typed" in as you see the shot.

Just got done watching the pilot and it definitely has potential. I had a feeling the boyfriend was the contact. The different objects shown at the end of each segment have some kind of significance to the show's premise in pseudo science. Frogs and butterflies got through metamorphosis, not sure what the six fingered hand or the half apple indicates, but there's gotta be some tie in to being able to get the memories out of the brain six hours after the person dies (like the boyfriend) and the leaf (some kind of time frame of getting something out of it after it falls off a tree?).

It's quite interesting and I can't wait to see more :)

I accept your apology. I already explained it above. I stated my opinion. Then you came from your high horse and stated the other people and critics liked it so I wasn't allowed to have a negative review on the pilot. At least that's the way I saw it. So please, don't even bother trying to stir things up.

No no no. No you didn't.

"The black dude can't act when he has more than one lines."

You didn't explain that. I didn't see anything wrong with his acting, I'm curious as to what you saw that made it bad. Why are you so against discussing the episode?