Who here can drive a stick?

I've been driving a stick since last Sunday and have been doing better than I thought I would. Although I've embarassed myself with my driving quite a bit in the past five days, I think I've done pretty well. :)

i learned on stick. that is the best way to learn. the ultimate test is to stop on a really steep hill and see if you can start going from a dead stop without rolling too far back or stalling. that is when you know you can drive stick very well.

got ya all beat

I first learned to stick shift on a 73 ford truck, stick shift on the steering column, only 4 gears too, 1 - 3 and reverse :)

now, I hate automatics :)

Being In the UK, I learnt on a manual as I would only get a licenece for a auto otherwise.

I currently use manual, but may get a semi auto next time. Selespeed, You get paddles on the steering wheel.

I currently have an automatic but I love sticks man, Use to be able to shift so fast in my 280zx folks thought it was an automatic. It's too bad that whenever I go out to buy a car/truck all I see are automatics.

I'm sure I could look around here and find me another toyota 4 speed for about $500 to play around with :cool: .

I can drive both manual and automatic. Even my driving licence allows me to drive both transmissions. Currently my car is automatic, but I can drive manual whenever I got my next car (well still long ahead :) )

I can drive both,but think manual gearing is more fun that automatic :)

Just driving it up to 100kmh/60mph in the 4. gear....and,kicking it into the 3. gear !

kickass on a Peugeot 406 3.0l 190hk

although thats my faders car ;p grr...i want that car ;)

This is my car,to the right....oh yeah,and i'm the one behind the wheel =)

Mitsubishi Space Wagon 1986,4wd,two seater (2.0l 104hk)

Popular called USS Space Wagon by my friends,hehe.

DSC00260.JPG

I absolutely hate manuals. How the hell am i supposed to go to the mcdonalds drive thru window and then eat my food and drive with a damn manual?

As morphen posted his car...

Heres my tin can.

Replacing it in april.

What mark and model is your car?

Most of the cars in the country I come from (Malta) are manual... we get automatics but nobody ever orders it as so... only sticks!! Personally after driving an automatic I think that Automatic taked the pleasure out of driving! :blink:

-urabe-

I absolutely hate manuals. How the hell am i supposed to go to the mcdonalds drive thru window and then eat my food and drive with a damn manual?

hehe,how bout not eating at mcdonalds? food both there and at brugerking sux ;p

Small burgers ;) and no taste ;p

The standard burger i eat here in norway..is 200-250 grams ;)

and btw,i roll tobacco while i drive...no hands on the wheel;)

Edited by morphen

and btw,i roll tobacco while i drive...no hands on the wheel;)

Endangering the lives of thousands.. theres something to be proud of.

I think most people in the UK learn to drive with manual cars. Very few over here actually own automatics... i think its kind of a macho thing :)

--WeeJames