PS3 General Discussion

I really am loving the PS3 at the moment, it's the central hub of my room. I watch my movies on it, upscaled. I have been able to catch up on Prison Break (damn, when is that starting again), I have music going while I chill out in my room on my laptop (whilst folding@home), and I am spending about 10+ hours a week trying to kill as many people as possible on Call of Duty 4!!!

Once my mate has finished Assassins Creed I am going to play on that (I leant it to him because I was having so much fun on COD4), and when I get Uncharted back from my other mate I'm going to have a go completing it on the insane level.

Only thing I am really disappointed about is how crap Pro Evo 08 is. I would play Pro 6 on my PS2 for hours, but can't stand PES08. Framerate drops and the fact the game is unrealistically hard mean I just don't enjoy it any more.

I must say that I'm not very satisfied with Uncharted. I felt that COD4 was a MUCH more fun game to play and beat. I found Ratchet & Clank to be more fun than Uncharted. :/

Thats fine, I guess in terms of gameplay the game is quite linear. You duck, jump and shoot, not much else too it. Tricky trying to juggle weapon combinations at times. It was the story that got me enthralled the most I think. I haven't got ratchet&clank yet. That is going to be a cheap eBay purchase I think.

Anyone noticed in Uncharted how the over-the-shoulder-aiming cam is totally off, compared to other third person shooters?

Hes certainly not aiming where the crossair is ^^

I must say that I'm not very satisfied with Uncharted. I felt that COD4 was a MUCH more fun game to play and beat. I found Ratchet & Clank to be more fun than Uncharted. :/

I prefer Uncharted over CoD4 but the multiplayer in CoD4 is just AWESOME.

Uncharted to me have a better history, great voice acting, likable characters (I love them :) ), great gameplay but you know that is just my opinion. I'm not saying CoD4 is bad because is not, I love it and I'm playing the heck of it right now :p but single player I prefer Uncharted.

I've only gone through the first two or three levels in Ratchet, it's pretty fun, but not "addicting" like COD4 is and Uncharted for the first bazillion levels. :p

I'm still playing Guitar Hero 3, it's something different than real life guitar but it's fun! The only game I've finished before is Assassin's Creed but I was fairly disappointed with the ending, I hope they release an Assassin's Creed 2 though. Other games I own is CoD 4, Motorstorm and Smackdown vs Raw: 2008 when I need some beating up!

Oh and the game with the Rubber Ducks is awesome.

Super Rub a Dub, yeah its great! I'm still playing through Uncharted and its very enjoyable. These last few levels have changed my view on the game entirely!

Oh and the game with the Rubber Ducks is awesome.

The game is great, I don't know why the game sites gave it low rating. Maybe because it doesn't have guns and you don't have to shoot someone?

Have any of you guys played Unreal Tournament? It was so hyped but I haven't heard anything about it except the mods for so long... :/

I played team deathmatch yesterday for about 2 hours. I love it. I played it with the bots though and not online because I'm still practicing with the controller. The game is great, especially on the PS3. There is absolutely no lag at all. Not even any slowdown that I have noticed. And that was playing a game with me and 15 bots. I remember back in the day when I played it on the pc the game was always buggy. always locked up for no apparent reason. But so far this version hasn't been like that at all. I'm going to start playing more online again. I think i'm getting much better with the controller than I was to start.

Ha, I got that game too a while back. Haven't played it in ages though. I think I managed to unlock 3 areas. A cool tip is to shake the controller when you are near trees with leaves. Sometimes it will shake the leaves off the trees and you can shake the blobs down to the ground :D

Very hard game though, first time I've played loccoroco.

I just ordered a 160gb Western Digital Scorpio for my PS3.

$89.99 shipped. :)

I need to back up my game saves before I forget...

That is a bit big! I just brought a Sony Memory stick for it, 4GB should be enough!

Lol it's obviously not just for saves - it's to replace his 60/40/80GB hard drive

heh yeah. I meant I needed to back up my saved games off my old hard drive so that I can replace it with the new one. Then dump the saves back on to the new hdd once it's in.

heh yeah. I meant I needed to back up my saved games off my old hard drive so that I can replace it with the new one. Then dump the saves back on to the new hdd once it's in.

Yeah I am thinking of upgrading the 60GB HDD, but I want to see how much room TV Shows take up on it once I get Play TV.

Yeah I am thinking of upgrading the 60GB HDD, but I want to see how much room TV Shows take up on it once I get Play TV.

If you're recording SD stuff it will probably be similar to what a TV show in divx/xvid format is just now (couple of hundred mb's).

That is assuming the PS3 uses its new found DIVX support to record through PlayTV.

I've noticed that one of the most under-rated games on the PS3 has to be NHL 08, it was heavily downplayed because it was only 30fps compared to the X360 version's 60fps, but still its one fun game. I'm on my 3rd season in dynasty mode and I'm still hooked. :D