PS3 General Discussion

I was just playing Warhawk and it froze. Not sure if it was just the server or my ps3, but anyways I had to turn it off completely and back on. :hmmm:

That happened to me once during a Motorstorm game, and also during a demo, but I can't remember what one I was playing.

Oh and also once during Assassins Creed, but then we know that game had problems to begin with anyway.

My 60gb used to freeze in the middle of my most important hockey games, my 40gb has only done it once *knock on wood*.

I'm looking at buying a new game to add to my collection, something that will keep me occupied until GT5: Prologue, what should I get?

Finally picked up R:FOM and sad to say I'm pretty disappointed. After all the major hype this game got as a major PS3 blockbuster title, I'm not impressed to say the least. :(

Time to sell and buy something else...

Finally picked up R:FOM and sad to say I'm pretty disappointed. After all the major hype this game got as a major PS3 blockbuster title, I'm not impressed to say the least. :(

Time to sell and buy something else...

mind if i ask how far you got into the game? i felt the same way as you when i first got the game, as the first few levels aren't great by any means, so i put it on my shelf and let it sit for a good 2 months before i put it in again. i'm glad i did though because the game really picked up, and the levels, weapons, and story all got better.

mind if i ask how far you got into the game? i felt the same way as you when i first got the game, as the first few levels aren't great by any means, so i put it on my shelf and let it sit for a good 2 months before i put it in again. i'm glad i did though because the game really picked up, and the levels, weapons, and story all got better.

I've spent the past couple months trying to get through Resistance, I can't play more than a level at a time without getting completely bored. I'm a long way into it, not sure how far from the end but I've got like 7 or 8 different weapons (and they all suck) and the story feels like it's coming to a close. It's just not a good game. At all. There are so many better shooters out there, in terms of story, gameplay, graphics, you name it. I don't understand the hype around Resistance 2, unless they switched developers I don't see it being any good. Co-op and multiple campaigns are all well and good, but you can't polish a turd.

I've spent the past couple months trying to get through Resistance, I can't play more than a level at a time without getting completely bored. I'm a long way into it, not sure how far from the end but I've got like 7 or 8 different weapons (and they all suck) and the story feels like it's coming to a close. It's just not a good game. At all. There are so many better shooters out there, in terms of story, gameplay, graphics, you name it. I don't understand the hype around Resistance 2, unless they switched developers I don't see it being any good. Co-op and multiple campaigns are all well and good, but you can't polish a turd.

With a gamerscore of 34k+ I am pretty sure you dont care if a game is boring or not :p

Youre just in it for the points :D

jk

..or am I :iiam:

The game is great, I don't know why the game sites gave it low rating. Maybe because it doesn't have guns and you don't have to shoot someone?

It's a good game, I love it, but no way would I pay ?40 for it!

Whenever i try to play certain DivX files on my PS3, i get "The file is corrupted", but they work fine on the 360?!

Is my PS3 borked?!

I have that all the time, even with the latest firmware.

to each his own then buddy. that's what the quote in my sig is for. :)

Does anyone rent video games anymore? I don't want to buy a game again until GTA4, so I'm thinking of renting either Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Heavenly Sword or DMC4. Suggestions?

Does anyone rent video games anymore? I don't want to buy a game again until GTA4, so I'm thinking of renting either Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Heavenly Sword or DMC4. Suggestions?

of those 4, i would say uncharted, dmc4, heavenly sword, assassin's creed, in that order. i think uncharted and dmc4 would make good purchases, heavenly sword is a good rental, and assassin's creed is a rent-before-you-buy title.

It's a good game, I love it, but no way would I pay ?40 for it!

I was talking about Super Rub-a-Dub, I don't think the game is ?40 over there. Its just like $7 USD here.

• 2 weeks later...
of those 4, i would say uncharted, dmc4, heavenly sword, assassin's creed, in that order. i think uncharted and dmc4 would make good purchases, heavenly sword is a good rental, and assassin's creed is a rent-before-you-buy title.

I completed Uncharted in 2 sittings, but I really enjoyed it, so I'm glad I only rented that. I also rented Assassin's Creed. Took a lot longer to get through, but I'm glad I rented that too. Well worth playing, but as you've probably heard, it gets very repetitive.

I'm playing DMC4 right now, and though it is beautiful, I don't think it's my kind of game. seems like too much of a linear hack n' slash game. I'm only on the 3rd stage though, so I'll see if I warm to it.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't understand something. Sony says there won't be any updates to the PS store until April 17th when the new store goes online. However, GT5P should go on sale april 15, on the STORE and BD Disc... how will we download it on the store if they won't update the store till the 17th?

I don't understand something. Sony says there won't be any updates to the PS store until April 17th when the new store goes online. However, GT5P should go on sale april 15, on the STORE and BD Disc... how will we download it on the store if they won't update the store till the 17th?

GT5 Prologue is already on PS Store - It's an interface update, not a 'contents' update, they happen weekly.

i downloaded the Uncharted demo some time ago and didn't like it one bit, i mean i more of a person that likes to run around with guns blazing and COD4 is more than perfect for that :p.

I have assassins creed and the graphics are absolutly amazing, and you can do some pretty cool moves, however game play again was a bit slow for me :/

I cant wait for Killzone2, Grand Theft Auto IV and Metal Gear Solid to come out, they look truly amazing!

GT5 Prologue is already on PS Store - It's an interface update, not a 'contents' update, they happen weekly.

It's not out in North America yet. ;) GT5P and the new store interface are scheduled to hit the same week here.

@Game: Is the store facelift confirmed for the 17th? I know that a new firmware will be coming, and those usually go up before the store contents are updated (Tuesdays I believe). Also, when the store update rumor came out about a month ago, they had it coming out on the 15th.