Do you shake a leg when sitting at a desk?

I'm sat at work... working(ish) on my computer. I've just realised that both myself and my colleague sitting near me, are shaking (vibrating almost) one leg absent mindedly. When I think back I can think of lots of people I know who do it. It's a very odd habbit and I was wondering how many people do this as well? You know, when your sitting there, usually listening to someone or working on a computer, and one (or sometimes both) of your legs is rapidly bobbing up and down with your toes always on the ground.

I was also wondering if there might be some biological reasoning to why we do it?

I do it, but I do it when I'm cold. I would say its just the natural way of trying to keep warm (create heat by moving the leg up and down).

Many, many, many people do it (if not all).

I was doing it as i stumbled accross this topic. Normally do it just with the right leg, change around sometimes - but never move both legs.

Dont know why i do it, Seem to concentrate better while im doing it for some reason...

Yeah, it's common Tic. But some people get worst (Even in sleeping):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restless_legs_syndrome

Personally, I'm a nervous kind, with ADHD it don't help. I shake non-stop mostly, and sometime it's enough strong to make my computer's desk moving witch annoy me enough to concentrate on not moving my legs.

I have this all the time. I randomly twitch every now and then down all my limbs.

My girlfriend thinks it's cute, but only because she has the same thing and kicks me in her sleep :(

I do it all the time. I even shake it soo much I make stuff on my desk wobble. But I only do it while sitting at a computer or at a kitchen table. I don't do it when i'm on the couch, or in bed. Wierd :|

I do this alot. I hate doing it though. I'm really bad at stopping bad habits. I've been cracking my knuckes/neck/bones since the 5th grade...

This is NOT Restless Leg Syndrome. RLS Is a horrible disroder which my grandfather has. He feels tingling in his legs at night and he feels like he HAS to get up and walk around, hence restless. Shaking you leg is simply a habit or tik which sucks.

Edited by lord_xenos

They're just nervous habits for some people. I do it if I drink a lot of coffee.

I normally kind of shrug my shoulders like "Monk" does, as my nervous habit. I'll also tap the sides of my mouse, or make a random tap pattern with my fingers (drum my fingers) while I wait for something, clear my throat often, etc..