Do you shake a leg when sitting at a desk?

El-Diablo

i'm also guilty of doing this, i do it all the time, dinner table, desk, u name it. I can't sit 100% idle very long lol.

Colin-uk

Yes I do it, it depends on what position im sitting in though.

I usually find my legs moving if my feet dont touch the floor tho.

Farstrider
I do it, but I do it when I'm cold. I would say its just the natural way of trying to keep warm (create heat by moving the leg up and down).

Many, many, many people do it (if not all).

Nonsense, I never do it! It is a form of Restless Legs Syndrome or leg jitter and as such is a neurosis! It is actually categorized as a neurotic disorder!

MGS4-SS
Nonsense, I never do it! It is a form of Restless Legs Syndrome or leg jitter and as such is a neurosis! It is actually categorized as a neurotic disorder!

My sarcasm radar is uncalibrated. Are you serious or are you just being very sarcastic?

david

i do. the guy in the next cubical gets mad because i shake his monitor lol

slammer55

I can hardly sit down for more than ten minutes without shaking one (if not both) of my legs, drumming my fingers, or stretching/yawning. It usually comes at random times...if I'm nervous, if I'm bored, if I'm working contently. I think it's just my legs telling me to get my @$$ up and move around a bit.

Symbiotic Hat

Always. Burns a lot of calories too :D

This should be a poll.

Starbuck84

I have to say I also shake one or both my legs when sitting behind my desk / PC. But this is mainly due to the fact that I listen to music or that I have this tune in my head :p

Farstrider
My sarcasm radar is uncalibrated. Are you serious or are you just being very sarcastic?

A bit of both to be honest!

theyarecomingforyou

I don't recall doing it but I already have enough bad habits. I pull out hairs from my eyebrows; rub off skin on my chest, shoulders and hands; bite my fingernails (and the skin around them); stick my fingers in my ears, etc. I've really got to sort myself out at some point but I just can't be bothered at the moment.

cyoung1616

nope.

Cody

Farstrider
I don't recall doing it but I already have enough bad habits. I pull out hairs from my eyebrows; rub off skin on my chest, shoulders and hands; bite my fingernails (and the skin around them); stick my fingers in my ears, etc. I've really got to sort myself out at some point but I just can't be bothered at the moment.

There you go MGS4-SS, what can I say, it DOES seem as if many people here have very real issues, thus my serious/sarcastic post!

I would seriously go see a head doctor if I was you "theyarecomingforyou"!

Digitalx

i do it due to idle tension that builds up in my legs just to keep them moving sometimes people do it due to nerves and stuff

KitCh

Yeah I do it quite often to be honest with you. Was doing it quite alot in my lecture this afternoon

InPCHell

I used to work with this lady and whenever we were at a meeting, she'd rock back and forth in her chair for like 5-10 minutes at a time.

Emily_June

I do it all the time. I tend to do it while I'm falling asleep, even. It's calming to me.

In fact, my mommy's told me more than once that I used to do it while I was in her tummy all the time, and even when I was a new born.

-Emily

I do this alot. I hate doing it though. I'm really bad at stopping bad habits. I've been cracking my knuckes/neck/bones since the 5th grade...

This is NOT Restless Leg Syndrome. RLS Is a horrible disroder which my grandfather has. He feels tingling in his legs at night and he feels like he HAS to get up and walk around, hence restless. Shaking you leg is simply a habit or tik which sucks.

I have RLS, too, but I also get it in my arms. It's incredibly frustrating. Tell your grandfather that he can usually calm his legs by laying on his stomach, even just for a few minutes. It's a little trick my mom taught me when I was little.

-Emily

Pajter

I do it all the time.

But then again, I'm a drummer, so I pretty much hit on everything. If it's not my hands/fingers making noise, it'll be my legs doing some serious double-bass. :laugh:

Sometimes I do it without sound though. :p

bangbang023

Runs in my family. My dad does it and so do I and both of my sisters. People always think it's me being nervous. In reality, I rarely realize I'm doing it until someone points it out.

spike232

doing it just now, i always do it when sitting at a computer, sometimes i get carried away and the screen starts shaking too :blush:

I find it relaxing plus i dont like to sit still.

Dont tend to do it while watching tv/movies tho

IceBreakerG

I do this all the time. I was beginning to wonder if i was the only one lol. I've never seen anyone else do it. A lot of times it happens and I never even notice until like 10mins later when my leg is all tired lol.

Laura

Sometimes I am very fidgety, rest of the time I can sit perfectly still and relaxed.

Sometimes my muscles feel weird and I have the urge to move, but I can just tense them to make it feel better.

Fabian-

I do it all the time :p

Deathray

I don't do it all the time... but when i have excess energy, or i've slept enough, yeah, i do it. Usually my left leg, but it can be both

Fugi

I do it all the time

zeroday
It's a nervous habit.

Lol, I doubt it. I'm here eating chocolate, drinking my Dr Pepper while reading on neowin and listening to their podcast. I couldn't be more relaxed ;)

In reality, I rarely realize I'm doing it until someone points it out.

Yep, same here.