Do you shake a leg when sitting at a desk?

+.Vamp

Wow! So loads of people do it. And it looks like most people do it when they're working at a computer or desk, but not when sitting and watching TV or something where your not involved. Seems to be to do with concentration and with using your brain? Strange stuff is a-foot!

Yusuf M.

Haha, I was doing it as I clicked on this topic. I guess it's a way for our body to keep the neurons firing when we're sitting down doing nothing but moving our arms and head. You know, a way to prevent leg muscle atrophy. That's just my thought. It's quite comfortable though. I've ready many responses about people doing it with both legs. For some reason I only do it with my left leg.

chconline

Nope. :)

Sethos

Sometimes i do, specialy when i lift my heel, so only the front of the foot touches the floor ... Then i hit some sorta' nerve that makes my leg jiggle :laugh:

I remember playing World of Warcraft with a guy, we were in an instance i think when he started shaking his leg. The leg started hitting the table making it audiable through his Microphone, everybody thought he was wanking :laugh:

curme

It drives my Mom nuts when I do it! I don't seem to do it as much now that I am older, or maybe I just don't realize that I am doing it, because there is no one around to point it out.

Shadow XL

yep, all the time, can't help it haha, it just happens.

Gamerhomie

I'm actually doing it right now without realizing it. It happens all the time. Right now I'm alternating between each leg and randomly switching them both in sync.

Corris

I do it sometimes, one leg, both legs, to a tune, its quite odd.

My aunt would smack my knee if i did it, she doesn't like it when people fidget, and I'm a fidgety type of person, I always have to be doing something with my legs or arms or they get bored, if that even makes sense, lol.

Mike Frett

Yeah, I can't even go to sleep without flicking my foot about.

Harper
I do it sometimes, one leg, both legs, to a tune, its quite odd.

My aunt would smack my knee if i did it, she doesn't like it when people fidget, and I'm a fidgety type of person, I always have to be doing something with my legs or arms or they get bored, if that even makes sense, lol.

....hell, sometimes I shake all 3 legs! Whaaaaaaaaaaa? :p

uniacidz

Nothing like a fidget every now and then.

Tapping a pen i do also. annoying i must say even though i do it still

SMELTN

omg I do this all day long, at work, at home, when I am eating etc.. It ****es my wife off at times, cause I shake the whole table doing it.

Just a nervous thing she says. Glad I am not the only one

null_

Sometimes I do if I'm bored, seems to keep my mind off stuff.

The_Decryptor

I've done this for years pretty much constantly whenever I'm sitting down.

Annoys my family.

BilliShere

i am doing it right now as i type this. seriously. i cannot seem to control it. if i try as soon as im not paying attention the leg starts shaking on its own. its good excercise though.

+jamesyfx

I will fidget with something. Dismantling a hard drive is the most common. Theres bits of various circuit boards and hard drives everywhere around my desk. >_>

If Im really bored, I break out the desoldering kit. >>>

NateB1

And here I thought I was the only one doing this! I guess it is a way to burn calories.

rage710

I tend to do it with my right leg only, which I find to be odd, since im left handed... :blink: I only do it in class, sometimes, and im usually prompted to stop by the girl i take my classes with. :huh:

Only when im really stressed over a paper or something of that nature, ill do it at my desk, but other than that, never.

Cormier6083

I do every time I sit at a desk.

JAHSHAWAH

ughh... I can't stand when people do it. I'm not going to lie, but I do find myself doing on occasion. It always happens to me when i'm concentrating on who to put my money on when i'm gambling.

NiceCarpet

Count me in.

Always do it.

Orange

OMG! hehe i do the same thing when i'm alone just browsing net or playing online game i shake my right leg from time to time but when some one is here i don't.. i thought i was the only one :blush: