Post Processing Before and after

I work in RAW so I was not concerned much with color balance. Is to fix in PP. I was hoping others would share the before and afters too. I curious as to how much poeple actually tweak the photos.

everyone tweaks photos.. as much as i like a thread like this, it's really pointless because i would say 98% of the shots in the monthly picture thread are tweaked. Very rarely will you get a perfect out of camera shot without any pp.. there are always ways to improve the picture.

everyone tweaks photos.. as much as i like a thread like this, it's really pointless because i would say 98% of the shots in the monthly picture thread are tweaked.

I post a lot of untouched pictures up here. Sometimes it's cuz I'm lazy/tired, or sometimes it's cuz I don't have the photoshop skills to adjust it.

I post a lot of untouched pictures up here. Sometimes it's cuz I'm lazy/tired, or sometimes it's cuz I don't have the photoshop skills to adjust it.

+1

A small example of slight levels in photoshop. IMO more of a light post process instead of the "OMG look at my skillz" :p

post-68048-1203052837.jpg

post-68048-1203052880_thumb.jpg

Yeah, everything I posted is untweaked as well, mainly due to being too lazy to do it.

i don't really post any photo's, let alone corrected ones.

but heres one i'm reviving for my mum. its a picture of her grandparents and a few of their kids (my mums aunts/uncles*). so its my great grandparents.

i think it was taken in the late 1800's.

*my mums mum hadn't been born yet

before

post-53094-1203114278.jpg

after

post-53094-1203114325.jpg

full size original (have a go yourself if you want)

http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fulloriginaltl2.jpg

^ Not sure on that one.

The colours after editing look really strong. The first one looks more natural. Perhaps a little less contrast would have done it?

Just for fun first:

Serious one :)

Before

1113712722_5136a9f6c2_b.jpg

After

1113781478_aa2f03b427_b.jpg

I've seen these two pictures together like YEARS ago... are these originally yours and I've seen them on neowin before or what? I'm trippin out man.

^ Not sure on that one.

The colours after editing look really strong. The first one looks more natural. Perhaps a little less contrast would have done it?

Indeed. Definitely looks better before because the colours are too extreme on the modified one.