If Firefox 3 drops Vista look

Firefox 3 drops Vista look  

631 members have voted

1. 1. If Firefox 3 Drops the Vista Native 'Look' will you continue to use Firefox?

• Yes
    • No
    • Let's get this confirmed by Mozilla first

That new theme looks half decent. But honestly, am I the only one thinking Firefox 2's icon set is ten times better than what they have as 'native' icons for XP and Vista?

Anyone that wants a high quality IE-like skin, try myFirefox and also its theme settings extension:

post-99705-1204570902_thumb.png

Everything here is skinned well - menu backgrounds, the Favourites bar that pops up, and even the 404 pages. :p

post-99705-1204570916_thumb.png

ugh, I hate when Firefox looks like IE7. IE7 looks so ugly.. :|

I prefer Firefox with either the default set-up or with the Blue Ice/ iFox Smooth theme. Don't care about native graphics support as long as they have good support for theme add-ons and the browser is secure & fast.

No, they didn't f**k anything up! They never said they would include Areo Glass in Firefox! You need to use your eyes and read PROPERLY! They actually said they will make the theme "more native" on each OS. They did not say "we will include Areo Glass in Firefox 3".

The theme that was linked in Alex Faaborg's post IS more native to Vista, just like was orignally said.

I hope they keep this theme.

1.) I never once said that Mozilla is going to use Aero glass with Firefox 3.

2.) If you think that the current Vista theme looks native, then you need your eyes checked. It takes a lot more than creating newer (poor) icons for an app to blend into the native OS. Mozilla did a very half-fast job with the Vista themes.

Mozilla should have added glass to Firefox 3. If they are going to make FF3 look more native on the OS and re-work the UI, then they should go all out and do it. They shouldn't be going half-way, because they'll just be wasting all of our time. With OS X, they did go all the way, and as a result, it looks fantastic. Take a look at the OS X Firefox 3 theme, and compare it with the current Vista one. Then get back to me if you think Mozilla didn't completely drop the ball on the Vista UI.

ugh, I hate when Firefox looks like IE7. IE7 looks so ugly.. :|

I prefer Firefox with either the default set-up or with the Blue Ice/ iFox Smooth theme. Don't care about native graphics support as long as they have good support for theme add-ons and the browser is secure & fast.

i strongly agree.... WHY make firefox look like that IE7 stuff... i prefered IE6's interface much more as they changed IE7 to much... atleast so far firefox 3 still looks pretty much the same as Firefox 2... which if you ask me, thats a good thing ;)

oh well... although as long as they replace that stupid blue bg (and it looks like they plan to) i would be happy

Yeah, i have no idea why MS made the background that way, i prefer how they did the Luna background in XP.

So to be honest, I am disappointed.

Pushing back Aero to Firefox 4? (N) Sounds to me like Firefox 3 is being rushed.

hahaha

It's harder than you seem to think it is.

hahaha

It's harder than you seem to think it is.

Probably true. I'm no developer. But I wish the Mozilla developers didn't raise people's hopes and then just dash them.

Shocked, honestly shocked at some of the comments in here. You all forget what FF has done. And FF3 is a natural progression, that is undeniable, no matter how "non-native" YOU think it is! It definitely looks better than IE7! that POS with icons all over the place, very unintuitive IMO. Will NEVER go back to IE. Not enough customization, I don't mean skins, I mean in its stock form, I have more features to tweak to my liking. Runs beautifully.

^

I agree Firefox has done a lot for browsers. More than any other browser ever, I think. But I guess for such a high achiever - some, me actually. Just want more. ;)

Shocked, honestly shocked at some of the comments in here. You all forget what FF has done. And FF3 is a natural progression, that is undeniable, no matter how "non-native" YOU think it is! It definitely looks better than IE7! that POS with icons all over the place, very unintuitive IMO. Will NEVER go back to IE. Not enough customization, I don't mean skins, I mean in its stock form, I have more features to tweak to my liking. Runs beautifully.

Just IMO, but IE7 UI >>>>>>>>>>>>> FF UI.

• 2 weeks later...

I really could careless about implementing "aero glass" in firefox, It's still a way better browser then internet explorer.

i'm going to stick with FF 2

You know you can change the theme, right?

You're going to miss out on a whole bunch of improvements if you don't upgrade.

Edited by The_Decryptor

Yes, I would continue to use it, but, I would realy like for it to blur like on IE7... Since that is the only thing I like on IE lol

That's a mockup of the 'Places' organiser. Yep. I don't recall MozillaCorp to plan to skin the browser itself like that under Vista though. Besides, Firefox 3 uses native menus and toolbars, and will soon have the Vista icon theme... so what was your problem again?

I loved the mockup. its unfortunate that they dropped it. Seriously very disappointing. :(

Is there any actual reason why one end of the address bar is curved? These themers are doing things in order to be different, not because they make the application look good, or to improve the UI. They're introducing weird visual crap for the sake of having it.