Microsoft: Vista SP1 will break these programs

I hope Call of Duty 4 isn't on the list eventually. :angry: lol I'll be like a person on Crack without it.

Microsoft: Vista SP1 will break these programs

By Suzanne Tindal

Special to CNET News.com

Published: February 21, 2008, 6:19 AM PST

Microsoft has published a list of programs that will not work or that will suffer from reduced functionality after the installation of Vista Service Pack 1.

The list of programs consists mostly of security applications, such as Trend Micro Internet Security 2008. However, programs such as The New York Times Reader application also feature on the list. Users are advised to install updates from the application vendor to fix the problem.

"Windows Vista Service Pack 1 contains many security, reliability, and feature updates for Windows Vista," the company said. "A program may experience a loss of functionality after you install Windows Vista SP1. However, most programs will continue to work as expected after you install Windows Vista SP1."

Further Reading at:

http://www.news.com/Microsoft-Vista-SP1-wi..._3-6231449.html

Don't get all your panties wadded up, thats probably the extent of the list... so get over it.

And no, COD4 doesn't break with SP1....

Theres a total of what.. 10 apps on that list, and they all interface into the OS through the security center or GUI in some way, thats probably why they break.

Download update to app, nothing to see here.

so what's the big fuss? Some poorly-written software broke. Those guys will just rewrite their software and that would be the end of it.

Yea, all of the listed programs already have a ifx out (A supported version is now available under "More information") except for three of them.

The list has been updated today already . lol

and sp1 is not released to full public yet.... so we will see.

Well, There were changes to Security-related parts as per the EU agreements (Mcaffee\Symantec whine case), I think - So it's not surprising to see certain security software breaking as a result.

Nothing really to complain about here, Either.

"Windows Vista Service Pack 1 contains many security, reliability, and feature updates for Windows Vista,"

How can it contain MANY updates for these items when it hasn't been out long enough to garner that many issues. Oh, I know how, it's a POS to begin with, that's how!! :laugh:

I can't wait to hear how many machines get foobarred because of this thing!!

Not MS's fault. Updates for those programs will be released, and when they are, just update to the new version.

In the meanwhile I have called a waaaambulance so for people complaining please stand by it will be here shortly.