Microsoft: Vista SP1 will break these programs

Anyone remember Windows XP Service Pack 2? The exact same thing happened.

Ah, I remember it well. People died of fear. :rofl:

Yea but if I remember correctly it was a hundred or more applications, because of DEP and the new security center.

Mostly AV/Firewall apps, etc....

The whole reason Microsoft sat on SP1 was so developers would make sure it worked. Sorry, but no sympathy from me for anyone who whines about Microsoft for this.

Quoting for those who missed it.

"Windows Vista Service Pack 1 contains many security, reliability, and feature updates for Windows Vista,"

How can it contain MANY updates for these items when it hasn't been out long enough to garner that many issues. Oh, I know how, it's a POS to begin with, that's how!! :laugh:

I can't wait to hear how many machines get foobarred because of this thing!!

What the hells wrong with you? This is what you get when your mom is also your sister..YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAW!

so what's the big fuss? Some poorly-written software broke. Those guys will just rewrite their software and that would be the end of it.

it seems that poorly-written software is vista

The list has been updated today already . lol

and sp1 is not released to full public yet.... so we will see.

They updated the hyperlinks and status of some of the applications. There are still the same 12 applications on it.

what planet are you on ?

Zonealarm has only been around for like the start of the internet age. LOL nice try but it didn't work.

What the hells wrong with you? This is what you get when your mom is also your sister..YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAW!

Long-term Linux user. Don't mind him. Probably never made a legit purchase of Windows and only hates Vista because it wasn't as pirate-friendly as XP. Experience with Vista may just barely extend as far as tinkering with the display Vaio at Best Buy.

If it takes breaking a few apps in order to make a better system, I say go for it... and help the programmers fix the programs.

The software testing regime at Microsoft must be a hardcore operation. I haven't seen anything regarding the PC test area but here is a tour of the Mac shooting range.

http://davidweiss.blogspot.com/2006/04/tou...ts-mac-lab.html

Judging by all the mac's in there, Microsoft must be 15-20% of Apple's user base.