The Big Wrestling Thread!

so cena challenged Taker....  WHY! :|

did like the "burn" to his his video's he posted on his wives instagram

Blimey, that was quick.

WWE says “after further consideration” they will be changing the name of the upcoming Fabulous Moolah Memorial Battle Royal at WrestleMania 34.

A rep for WWE says,

“After further consideration, we believe it’s best to proceed with the name ‘WrestleMania Women’s Battle Royal.’  What remains most important is that this historic match is part of WWE’s unwavering commitment to the Women’s Division.”

As we previously reported, there was major backlash following the announcement this week due to former Moolah trainees accusing her of things such as taking money from women and pimping them out for sex work … which was echoed by former trainee Mad Maxine.

In addition, Deadspin reached out to the parent company of Snickers — who are sponsoring WrestleMania 34 — and they released the following statement:

We were recently made aware of the World Wrestling Entertainment Inc’s (WWE) decision to honor a former wrestler during the upcoming WrestleMania 34 event. As a principle-based business that has long championed creating inclusive environments that encourage and empower everyone to reach their full potential, this is unacceptable. We are engaging with the WWE to express our disappointment.

The video of the original announcement from Raw this week disabled comments this morning as well, which was a clear sign WWE had seen the negative reactions.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/moolah-match-name-change/

In case you're unaware of the history surrounding the Fabulous Moolah, here's probably the definitive post of all the accusations made against her; effectively, she was the Harvey Weinstein of women's wrestling.

What could they do with Bryan now though that could top 2-3 years ago etc, let alone the build up to the announcement he can actually wrestle again? I mean, sure put him in big money matches but I'd imagine even if he's cleared and at 100% (which I doubt) WWE would want to protect him as much as possible in the ring.

1 hour ago, LOC said:

What could they do with Bryan now though that could top 2-3 years ago etc, let alone the build up to the announcement he can actually wrestle again?

Easy:

• Like 1

Yes, money matches. But, what else? Nothing is going to top that amazing run he had back in, whatever year it was now (I think 2013 but whatever lol) being buried (in story)  by HHH and Steph, and then finally winning the title at Wrestlemania? I mean sure, Bryan vs. XXXXXX will be great I'm sure, but what else?

1 minute ago, LOC said:

Yes, money matches. But, what else? Nothing is going to top that amazing run he had back in, whatever year it was now (I think 2013 but whatever lol) being buried (in story)  by HHH and Steph, and then finally winning the title at Wrestlemania? I mean sure, Bryan vs. XXXXXX will be great I'm sure, but what else?

Well, since Shane's out of the picture for now, they could turn either Kevin Owens or Sami Zayn's attention back towards Bryan after their WrestleMania match. They could go back even further and restart the rivalry with The Miz, especially now that they can actually have the match.

I would LOVE to see The Miz interrupt Daniel Bryan's big speech tonight. Could you imagine the heat he'd get? I think The Miz would be a great starter fued, its safe (Miz is pretty safe no?) and plenty of people would be invested in it.

Also, my guess is they were always building towards a Shane vs. Bryan match at WM and either knew he'd get cleared way back or figured he would a few weeks ago at most. So, I guess we'll see for sure in the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LOC said:

I would LOVE to see The Miz interrupt Daniel Bryan's big speech tonight.

This.  The Miz is an astounding heel, a decent wrestler (when paired properly) and a real worker.  He deserves a run and Bryan could be the one to put him (back?) there.