The Big Wrestling Thread!

People all over forums saying how the PostMania crowd were terrible and it makes the show unsuitable for children...

The night after a man punched and dragged his elbow across the forehead of another man, spilling about a pint of blood across the canvass and his own face.

(watching Lesnar do that to Reigns and Orton made me really uncomfortable)

• Like 1

Hats off to Joe Hendry for at least making it to the Commonwealth Games, especially since he's only been at it for about four years and even became the UK champion late last year.

• Like 2

Angelico in NXT would be INSANE ... and they'd take him to the next level. Hope they sign him down the road sometime.

The WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament events at Royal Albert Hall are beginning to take shape, as WWE.com has confirmed that a one-night tournament, a Six-Man Tag Team Match and several title defenses are slated for the historic back-to-back shows on June 18 and 19.

The events kick off with a United Kingdom Championship Tournament on Monday, June 18. Though the competitors have yet to be revealed, it is now known that the winner of the tournament will earn an opportunity to challenge WWE United Kingdom Champion Pete Dunne the following night inside London’s most vaunted venue.

The BruiserWeight will also be in action on June 18, teaming with Moustache Mountain (Tyler Bate & Trent Seven) to face NXT’s Undisputed ERA. This match announcement comes on the heels of Roderick Strong’s betrayal of Dunne, and subsequent joining with Undisputed ERA, at NXT TakeOver: New Orleans. Will Dunne lead his fellow proponents of British Strong Style to victory against the black-and-yellow brand’s most controversial faction?

In addition to Dunne’s title defense against the tournament winner, the event on Tuesday, June 19, will feature three NXT Championship Matches, including an NXT North American Championship Match, an NXT Women’s Championship Match and an NXT Tag Team Championship Match. Adam Cole, Shayna Baszler and Undisputed ERA are the current titleholders, respectively, but with NXT TakeOver: Chicago happening just days before the WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament events this June, there’s no telling who will be champions when WWE returns to Royal Albert Hall for the first time since 1991.

http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/article/wwe-uk-nxt-championship-matches-announced-royal-albert-hall-june-2018

Unsurprisingly, the tickets cost a bomb, starting at £56.50 (~$80), then £67.80 (~$96.50) and finally, £84.75 (~$120). But holy ######, British Strong Style vs. The Undisputed Era! :woot:

The shows will look amazing in The Royal Albert Hall; it may only hold about 5,500, but there's a very good reason why it's so revered.

1024px-FESTIVAL_OF_REMEMBRANCE_MOD_45159

6 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

Wait, don't get me wrong or anything I love Steiner (even though he's so over the top it isn't funny) but, the dude can't wrestle anymore. Literally. Last time I saw him in a ring, it was like Kurt Angle, but 10x worse. Can't turn his head/neck without turning his entire body plus he could hardly walk. Unless they did some amazing miraculous surgery on him that I don't know about in the last few years - how the hell is he going to wrestle? Now if he's just a mouth piece, that'll be fun to listen to sure lol (Plus if his back and neck are so bad, wouldn't it be like - bad or something for him to wrestle??)

That Sacrifice interview btw, gets me every time :D Glad Impact/TNA literally posted it themselves heh.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LOC said:

Wait, don't get me wrong or anything I love Steiner (even though he's so over the top it isn't funny) but, the dude can't wrestle anymore. Literally. Last time I saw him in a ring, it was like Kurt Angle, but 10x worse. Can't turn his head/neck without turning his entire body plus he could hardly walk. Unless they did some amazing miraculous surgery on him that I don't know about in the last few years - how the hell is he going to wrestle? Now if he's just a mouth piece, that'll be fun to listen to sure lol (Plus if his back and neck are so bad, wouldn't it be like - bad or something for him to wrestle??)

That Sacrifice interview btw, gets me every time :D Glad Impact/TNA literally posted it themselves heh.

Well, he did wrestle at the Impact vs. Lucha Underground show last week, so feel free to witness the trainwreck! https://www.twitch.tv/videos/247553403?t=00h35m16s

I'm sure Don Callis knows what he's doing; it'll probably just be Eli Drake carrying him for most of the match. Like you said, he's worth having on just as a talker, as this week's episode proved...

Yeah, no idea why Impact thought it was a good idea to bring him back in, considering how super limited he is in the ring. Just as a talker, sure. But why wrestle then? Regardless, I guess its cool he's back into a major promotion (is Impact still considered a major promotion anymore though?) and still has a passion for doing it - I guess.

5 minutes ago, LOC said:

is Impact still considered a major promotion anymore though?

I think it is; they've still got a national TV deal in America, and so do ROH, who are definitely considered major nowadays, especially considering who owns them.

On 16/04/2018 at 4:08 PM, MightyJordan said:

image.thumb.png.019f8c39a0e4e3ff0b2d7d5db4beedc8.png

Zigler gonna make a move? XD

Edited by DaddyRazzy
  • Like 1